All Might is Japanese, but also heavily Americanized

>All Might is Japanese, but also heavily Americanized.
>He is the greatest hero in Japan, beloved by all.

>Endeavor is Japanese and traditional (lives in a traditional Japanese home, etc.).
>He is the second greatest hero, but disliked by many for his behavior.

>His son has white and red haired color, just like the Japanese flag.
>Endeavor represents conservative Japanese influence on him which made him cold and uncaring (literally only uses his ice powers).
>All Might represents American influence and through Deku he made his son become a nicer person and "warm up" (both metaphorically and literally as he starts using his fire powers).

What did Horikoshi mean by this?

You guys think he likes America?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nItaUb8AiBU
youtube.com/watch?v=P6HYGLBq6lU
youtube.com/watch?v=ZJT8ORP4qNg
youtube.com/watch?v=XHsf5jqdC2c
youtube.com/watch?v=OAZM-db5hnA
civilwar.org/education/history/primarysources/declarationofcauses.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

How about our beloved mangakas keep their politics out of their works?

Looking at you GATE

Fuck wouldnt that be nice

>You think he likes America?
Hori has a boner for Golden age Comics of course he likes America.

Or maybe it's just that one's a wife beater and one isn't.

>All Might
>heavily Americanized

Where ?

It only interests him I doubt he's a HUGE fan that actually reads the comics. He's probably only attracted to the designs.

Terrible bait. Thanks for trying.

oh shit we doing anti-jap thread?

Pic related is the biggest butt hurt ive eva seen.

it would be funny if the greatest american hero in the bnha universe end up being a the most japanese samurai warrior esque hero ever

What was everyone biggest problem with gate?

The fact that the shitty Japanese Defense Force can beat American Spec-Ops?

>a samurai led Nihon to victory in WWII

That's hilarious.

It's the United States of Smash not the United Prefectures of Smash.

That and Japanese denying war crimes as usual.

?

not sure about that, he does seem to have enough understanding to tie comic book themes not only to characters' design but also personalities
Like how Stain look like a mixtures of most of the late 80's early 90's designs like the Mirage Ninja Turtles comics or early Spawn, yet that goes with his theme of being a subversion of the anti hero motif that is very related to that edge and grim period in cape comics.

>Okay, everyone who posts below dies in their sleep tonight.
Sleep tight, pupper.

in before Aizawa dies in the manga too now

What if All Might was a Nazi all along?

Just a few more weeks guys.

>bacon represents heavily repressed young nips born and raised in a overly demanding context (endeavor). too cold for their own good and completely unable to express their true feelings
>deku represents westeaboo nips whose devotion for american pop culture (all might) is so strong that they are wiling to destroy themselves (nip culture) in order to become more akin to their idol

>crime
>war
Are you retarded?

Meanwhile, in reality land-

Momo's actual future son... Check. Mate.

ALT MIGHT

I can't believe Code Geass was still so butthurt about the occupation. Get over it already, you started the war.

156352951 is clearly bait
remember this interview youtube.com/watch?v=nItaUb8AiBU
hori really does know his shit.

>The fact that the shitty Japanese Defense Force can beat American Spec-Ops?
Mostly this
And they should keep doing that.

what i like the most abaut the manga is it remind me of how comics use to be: heroes saving people no mater what

im gona cry like a bitch

>heroes saving people no mater what

well, thats until Mirio/Nighteye the pussy duo appeared

>Show and books made by the japanese with Japanese army as the protags
>somehow it sided with them??? wtf???
Why are people retarded? Is it wrong? Is it right? In any case, it was perfectly understandable and justified. Only butthurt americans cry when they realize they arent always the hero that they thought they are.

The only war crime is losing a war, if America had lost WWII and had been invaded it also would punished with "war crimes".

Eh the fight is not that horrible. I imagine if Deku smashed that fucking OfA button he would've won.

Exactly, though I doubt America could really be invaded outside of Nukes and a few coastal beachheads.

Too many guns

>All those Marvel legend figures
Damn Hori has good taste

this

>america losing the war
naa the nazis were prety beat up by the end of the war

This desu. Gate is basically a japanese propaganda anyway. I mean, America churn those movies and stories with them as the angel of the world yearly but when some other country does it its somehow wrong.

You can't be that ignorant user. Japan most definitely committed some serious war crimes, 2 nukes weren't enough You honestly believe the Japanese self defense force can take on us spec ops? Srs? Gate is just nationalistic wank material. Which isn't bad, but come on

t.fat lard currently munching on his inferior fast food fries and wearing yesterday's t-shirt

Sounds like it's you people adding your politics to fantasy.

My biggest problem wasn't that shit. Gate is one of the few anime to ever straight up offend me with its take on dealing with ptsd. These fantasies of a man who never saw combat nor even discussed combat with someone who did reached a tipping point there. He was such a pussy to never put the JSDF in a position where they might get wrecked. You could instead say that it was some kind of take on an advance civilization brutally taking over an underdeveloped one but they couldn't even have a notable level of corruption going on behind the scenes with the Japanese government. Fucking Outbreak Company had a more nuanced take on such a situation than Gate.

Not only that, but consider what a nightmare the supply lines would be.

t. fat lard that somehow proud about his """'gun"""" collection but still confused as of why girls never wants to suck his dick

>Japan most definitely committed some serious war crimes
They did but we nuked them twice.

>crime
>war
Are you fucking stupid?

>war crimes
but it was a war who deside what is ok and what is not? arent we trying to kill eachother?

Jews.

History is written by the victors, something I wish people would realize rather than appreciate in an academic sense and move on.

That's why the American Civil War was totally about slavery shut up yes it was and nothing else it was good guys vs bad guys and the good guys won

Exactly

patrician taste

What Im confused is that you throughly understands that Gate is japanese ntionalistic wank material, and yet complain about how unrealistic that was?
Pray tell, dont tell me that you believe that the middle east had develop biological weapon and ready to deploy them anytime soon? kek

this negro finally got into the series

youtube.com/watch?v=P6HYGLBq6lU

Twice is straight out from spiderman

no he's not

Come on user, is obvious Twice is based on Deadpool.

So when will this be used?

youtube.com/watch?v=ZJT8ORP4qNg

>episode review

What's the fucking point? We've all seen it, I don't need to know what some retard youtuber thinks of it.

for me is like a twisted version of multiple man

They could have easily gotten wrecked in one way or another.

Why are we here talking about it

He got Multiple's powers but he's Deadpool in personality and costume design.

>What was everyone biggest problem with gate?
My problem with GATE is that it becomes a more interesting series when it's not just the JSDF curb stomping anyone. The current chapters of the Manga are actually fun. Taking down a Minotaur to rescue the Immortal loli, the intrege of the !Rome court, the fact that the MC has to rely on the inhabitants of the fantasy world to accomplish things instead of being able to fly solo. All of this makes for a more balanced story. But the Manga is what kept me going with the series because the art is appropriately vintage 90's and I love that look.

When it was just jacking off Japan it was no better than any Micheal Bay film. I don't like those either.

here's the full version

youtube.com/watch?v=XHsf5jqdC2c

>When it was just jacking off Japan it was no better than any Micheal Bay film.
whats everybodys beef with transformers? makes me sad.

>indulge in Japanese media
>get upset by Japanese poetic license

Which one of you are in here

youtube.com/watch?v=OAZM-db5hnA

Grapes go fuck off to your containment thread.

But they never do. The only bumps in the road are government obstruction, the defense force never experiences any loss they have to learn or recover from.

I thought the jsdf shitting on some random fantasy world was nice, since most of the time there's some bullshit about OH NO GUNS SUDDENLY DON'T WORK but pretty much everything outside of that (and even that later on) was just kind of bad.

They also had a senator or something marry a loli.

Transformers as a franchise is good, the problem are the Bayformers movies with those shitty designs.

>whats everybodys beef with transformers?
I wasn't specifically talking about transformers, but those movies are poorly written, the action goes on for way too long sometimes. And the designs are overly complicated.

>So when will this be used?
if i had to say, probably the todo vs deku fight when he's telling him that he is not his dad and his power is his.

I love transformers and I can't disagree.

>states rights argument has any validity

Go read the Secession Papers and then stuff your own head up your ass. The American Civil War being about anything other than slavery is quite literally historical revisionism. There are mountains of historical documents and evidence that establish that not only was the primary cause for the Confederate states to secede the nearly universal belief held by Southerners that they had an intrinsic right to own slaves, but also that black people were intrinsically inferior to white people and therefore it was perfectly acceptable to own them as slaves.

Equally, there are tons of extant historical documents and evidence that prove the war crimes committed by the Japanese. Additionally, just because the allies also happened to commit war crimes doesn't erase or justify the actions of anyone else.

"History is written by the victors" is antiquated bullshit paraded by wannabe academics and ignorant lay-men. "The victor decides who was right" or "The victor decides who the bad guy was" are much more accurate statements. Keep your pseudo-intellectualism and literal bullshit misinformation to yourself, kthnx.

It was a metaphor for invading China and Korea. I know you fags tend to be beyond stupid, judging by the Sup Forumstards here, but come on.

>Civil War
>Not about slavery
Read a primary fucking source sometime instead of jacking yourself off while tipping a fedora.

civilwar.org/education/history/primarysources/declarationofcauses.html

Good thing the Union was willing to kill Americans solely to save the black people they barely recognized as people.

To have a conversation. I can't converse with a guy spewing bullshit into a camera.

But I do kind of see where you're coming from, a review could bring up points that you didn't think of yourself and widen conversation later.

I always thought AM was at least part American

Well you can't beat the ignorance on this site.

Why did the South secede user?

Everyone thought that until they showed AM's real name.

Good thing those goal posts are right outside of the stadium now and we aren't even discussing the initial argument at all, which was that the American Civil War was undeniably about not only slavery but also extremely racist slavery, because that's the only way what you just said makes any fucking sense at all.

All I see right now are a bunch of retards screaming #fuck

>first paragraph
what are you arguing about?

>"History is written by the victors" is antiquated bullshit paraded by wannabe academics and ignorant lay-men
it's not wrong though.

But Deku is his own person. His personally isn't really influenced by All Might at all. In fact All Might wanted Deku to blow Todoroki the fuck out and win the tournament.

Maybe his mom took his dad's last name? It happens

>Sup Forums

>"There is only one nation that has black operators!"

>You honestly believe the Japanese self defense force can take on us spec ops? Srs?

You honestly believe US soldiers can take on ALIENS? Srs? Murican movies are just nationalistic wank material

Johnny Storm is Bakugo.

>You honestly believe US soldiers can take on ALIENS?
wel i believe thers a reason why we havent being invaded jet

>But Deku is his own person. His personally isn't really influenced by All Might at all.
did you not see his room?

from what ive seen johnny storm maybe cocky and hotheaded(no pun intended) but hes a pretty chill dude.

>"History is written by the victors"
>"The victor decides who was right"
>"The victor decides who the bad guy was"
"We decided who was right and wrong through our writing of history as the victor"
Pseudo-intellectualism, was it?

yup thats why he and spider man are good friends

You couldn't be more right.

I just mean in appearance, his Johnny is a dead ringer for Bakugo.

>His personally isn't really influenced by All Might at all.
He modelled his early actions after his hero. His drive to be as much like All Might as possible led him to try and emulate AM at every possible juncture. He used a lot of his moves until his arms were almost ground to powder. He's learning to be his own person over the course of the series, but there is no denying how much an influence AM had on Deku's personality and definition of Hero.