Want a black pill? Why has rock been dead the past 10 years?

It's demographics. Nothing else.

45% of Gen Z is non-white. Youth dictates what is cool. Since rock's absolute apex in the early-90s with grunge and mega-bands like Nirvana, the demographics have swung towards the youth being increasingly non-white.

It's not a lack of creativity. It's not because of the rise of electronic music. It's because the youth isn't primarily white anymore.

Embrace a future where "Bodak Yellow" is the hit song each year, from now until the end of America. Because that's what's coming. Rock isn't coming back.

Other urls found in this thread:

rateyourmusic.com/customchart?page=1&chart_type=top&type=album&year=2017&genre_include=1&include_child_genres=1&genres=rock&include_child_genres_chk=1&include=both&origin_countries=&limit=none&countries=
youtube.com/watch?v=BFGU0g1LA9I
youtube.com/watch?v=rRjOBr6tmM8
news.vice.com/en_us/article/bjyd74/the-right-wing-street-artist-trying-to-troll-hollywood
youtube.com/watch?v=DS76YKxiOKU
youtube.com/watch?v=yz7Cn3pHibo
youtube.com/watch?v=MPZ6u6MCdnk
youtube.com/watch?v=1RVRCd6J2NA
vimeo.com/217390393
youtube.com/watch?v=HdnTSXUWd3E
youtube.com/watch?v=BermIHe03zU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's been dead for much longer than that desu

nirvana sucks, and grunge is shit

Rock would be more popular if it wasn't trash. Young people still listen to the Beatles and Led Zeppelin

2007/2008 is about the last time I can remember rock having any relevance though

who the fuck thought rock was coming back?

It's because pop music has been created by algorithms. That's why there is no more rock. The algorithm didn't create rock.
Maybe next year?

You don't think it could be because rock and grunge became shitty? Then it was Pop, then it was R&B, then it techo rave shit, then it was country and indie crap, now we're in the shitty indi/trap music era. Give it two years and we'll move onto something just as bad. You're old OP. Accept it and get with it. It's not because demographics change.

POP THESE NIGGAS LIKE A WHEELIE NIGGA, YOU A SILLY NIGGA

>mega-bands like Nirvana
hahaha u have no clue

enlighten me

why learn a skill and have talent when you can just spout shit lyrics over a beat and make millions of dollars? nothing about our music industry encourages talent, including trash like taylor swift. they're looking for faces, bodies and personalities that can sell to the braindead masses of our kiked countries, not talent.

also why the FUCK is it taking me 20+ correct captchas before this piece of fucking nigger garbage trash accepts my picks? FUCK.

Obviously an uninformed post. All music genres are now represented by 100x more artists that are spread far and wide among many delivery and consumption platforms and formats. Rock is doing just fine. And if you feel the need to define your metrics by old vernacular, look at Active Rock, though i agree it is a stupid name, that is the current "radio" term for it.

Nevermind sold 30 million records worldwide. For a brief period they were the biggest band on Earth. I don't think there's been a band quite like that since.

I'm talking about rock artists influencing culture. That era is over. Hip-hop dominates influence on culture now

I used to wonder about all the great movies and music and books I will miss out on after I am dead. On the current path I don't feel like I will miss out at all, I watch all old movies and I listen to old rock on vinyl.

Is hip-hop really still popular?

>Rock isn't coming back
>QOTSA put out a great album last year
>So did Code Orange

Every generation has its own disease... the lightning in the bottle, the pulse of the youth, etc.

These are outliers and have little to do with the health of specific genre. There hasnt been a symphony worth anything since the 5th.

>Since rock's absolute apex in the early-90s with grunge and mega-bands like Nirvana

This gives me the cringe.

Hmmm.... counter culture mean anything to you.

>Since rock's absolute apex in the early-90s
pic related

Have you listened to modern rock? It's absolute trash. Metal is still good though.

>90s
fuck off

I loved post grunge. 3 days Grace, Breaking Benjamin, Theory of a Deadman, Hinder, 30 seconds to mars. It died around 2008. newer Stuff still a couple years old that is decent is Starset, Thousand foot Krutch. Most of them disbanded, died or thought that being U2(linkin park) would give them more money. I am glad my high school years were at the time of post grunge. I love that music and the nostalgia is awesome. Love the 80's as well. 90's sucked desu.

whether you like the music or not, doesn't take away from it's relevance and cultural impact

none of you retards are saying a name that has topped Nirvana and those grunge bands since then. it's been a steady decline since then

Rock itself was offshot of black music, and it is obsolete everywhere in the world, not just in le 53% land.

Any "music" past the 1800's is absolutely degenerate.

>Nitpicking one minor fucking detail instead of replying to the actual meat and idea behind the post.

White women like nigger music. That's all it is. White women are the only people that buy music.

better classical music was written after the 1800s
kys

>worshipping a faggot that shot himself

ayy lmao

The first random band that comes to my mind is Oasis.

Why doesn't this get a bullet instantly?

>rock
>dead

look how many guitar based albums came out last year

rateyourmusic.com/customchart?page=1&chart_type=top&type=album&year=2017&genre_include=1&include_child_genres=1&genres=rock&include_child_genres_chk=1&include=both&origin_countries=&limit=none&countries=

holy shit. I have never once suggested I was a Nirvana fan. Just pointing out their significance. I'm not blinded by these things because I don't like them

Isn't this all about trends? I doubt the next generation will listen to rap.

youtube.com/watch?v=BFGU0g1LA9I

> and Ty Segall
> and Black Lips

I'll take the lack of creativity thanks
most rock bands in my country are subhuman pseuds who only do covers and don't listen to anything else other than dadrock

youtube.com/watch?v=rRjOBr6tmM8

and way to mention a mid-90s band you stupid faggot. thank you for proving my point

No rocks dead because it has been done to death and so are all other classic genre. Gen z
cannot be original and cant even copy well, this is true globally no matter the country' its got fuck all to do with skin colour

Music comes and goes
Rap, is where metal was in the 80s
Its become a paraody of itself
The gold teeth and "getting some head" lyrics are the big hair and "cherry pie" of the day
Rap is popular because its simple.
Music has been degenerate since the late 1800s and rhyming words over a fourXfour beat is about where it dies

i think someone would have heard it the Rock was dead. Pretty sure he was in a movie recently too.

I don't disagree. Rap is in the "This is Spinal Tap" era now, but I don't think we're going to see any new genres of rock come out, the way it went from metal to grunge to pop punk/nu metal to whatever after that

Muse are as significant as Nirvana which is not that much but more than most musical act. Nirvana never were the Beatles famous.
Tame Impala are probably in that category too.
You cant judge music in sales because people dont buy music to listent to it anymore, only the collectors do.

>Rap is popular because its simple.
it's not that rock or other genres that aren't blues/jazz/classical are much complex besides metal solos which is basically jerking off

>Rock is dead because of jews
nah son, rock is dead because it's shit. The market doesn't give a fuck if you're black or white if the music's good then it's selling, bottom line. You might think bodak yellow is shit, but an aspie Sup Forums lurker like yourself doesn't represent the majority of the market.. the majority of the market for music in the western world of 2018 are white suburban teenage boys/girls, not losers who complain about "le wrong generation" on Sup Forums. THAT's why music has changed, that's why it's sometimes stupid.. but heres the thing hip-hop has been around for decades and has evolved through various styles, sub-genres etc. So maybe bodak yellow isn't even subjectively good but that's how modern art works, it evolves by pushing barriers or trying out different methods because without modern art we'd still be stuck listening to mozart everyday. I personally dislike cardi B but im a 24 year old male, the market doesn't give a fuck about my taste because I'm not their target audience.

>It's because the youth isn't primarily white anymore

72% of america is white, im not sure how many of those are "youth" desu but i imagine it wouldn't be a stretch to say that most kids in america are white.

news.vice.com/en_us/article/bjyd74/the-right-wing-street-artist-trying-to-troll-hollywood

I don't think you know how music genres work. Music never dies but what becomes mainstream is always changing. At one point it was Jazz and Big Band then it was Rock and now it's just whatever makes money and is easy to produce. People still play rock all the time though and the same is true for those other genres.

>Italian music = universal music

youtube.com/watch?v=DS76YKxiOKU

With that said, I agree with (you): our music is shit apart from some rare exceptions.

inb4
> Dream Theater and Yngwie Malmsteen is like literally classical dude, like it's like literally Bach and shit

Im not racist, I really dont see how blacks are attractive. I dont understand why anyone would want to have a child that looks nothing like them.

This is incorrect OP. Rock just fucking sucks now. Alternate rock like Greenday and Blink 182 was the most popular shit from like 1999-2007. Bands nowadays just suck dick and most have moved on to rap. Whites are taking over hip-hop with more and more white rappers and artists.

The Jews killed Rock music because it was dominated by white males. They brought in Grunge Rock in the 90's to kill Rock music and to demoralize white males. At the same time they promoted Rap music to empower black men. It's all part of their plan to immerse whites into black culture to dumb them down and also to encourage white women to lust after black men.

rock gave birth to metal which is still healthy and evolving despite being counter culture to mainstream music

True it is because of changing demographics however rock music has been objectively shit since 2008 or so. Very little creative energy in the space.

>the problem is that rock sucks now
>so it was replaced by rap which sucks

you guys

rap is starting to sound more and more like metal

youtube.com/watch?v=yz7Cn3pHibo

rock music is boring

>I don't think we're going to see any new genres of rock come
They're coming out everyday.
FACT: there is more people playing and recording and releasing rock today than their every has been before in history
It's not that there is no longer Rock, the problem is there is no longer a "we"
"We" don't exist as a monolithic culture subject to a single cultural powerhouse such as MTV
Because of this, when it comes to music, there is no longer a real collective experience of it, that's what died
So the illusion is that rock is dead, the reality is the marketing forces behind rock are dead

There are plenty of good rock bands, you're just too retarded to search for them.

switch to old captcha.

metal is mostly escapism besides a few defining bands that metalheads define "basic bands"

Something, something, Geneva convention and human rights.

thanks bb

>Hispanics are 14% of thew youth
>They still listen to Spanish music
>Whites at over 50% of the youth still don't listen to rock.
>Rock is still popular in Japan despite very low white percentage.
>Electro swing, glitch hop, and light rock are popular with non black youth.

HHHHhhhm, it's almost like 4 piece bands take many times the investment, risk, and skill than electric music so there isn't as much of it.

Emo was the dying phase actually, 2007 was the last nail in the coffin

It's because we had a nigger president. It's the one drop rule. One drop of nigger ruins everything. But now we got rid of the nigger, and it's time to clean things up.

>le wrong generation rock sucks now meme

please dig a little deeper than the mainstream. youre on the fucking internet right now it shouldnt be too hard.

here's a 2017 album to get you started

youtube.com/watch?v=MPZ6u6MCdnk

it's underground and it's way more fun that way

modern black music is shit 99% of the time

it used to be much better

youtube.com/watch?v=1RVRCd6J2NA

You do realise rock is a black genre right

P U S S Y N I G G A

you clearly don't know about tekashi lol

it's literally in my OP. 45% of Gen Z is non-white according to Forbes in 2015

If we're being generous, rock has been dead since the 1980s

Have you left your house recently?

Music in general has reached it's logical conclusion. There's still some good stuff being put out if you know where to look... But nothing is new anymore, it's all painfully derivative or desperately trying hard to not be.

Plus every little gen z shit 16 and younger does nothing but follow twitter culture. All the dabbing and shitty mumble rap music

didnt realise rock was dead before you made me listen

F

Dont agree with your example but the premise is right.

It's dancing, man. Back in my day, music wasn't to dance to. When music became a thing to dance to, and people took dancing as a prelude to sex, music you couldn't dance to died.

we

>You do realise rock is a black genre right
No it isn't
A handful of black guitar players were very influential with their proto-rock, but were largely only supported by whites who then went on to make and define rock as we know it today which blacks still have very little interest in

He/She who controls the music will control their minds...

This, I enjoy metal but a lot of metal fans are pretentious as all hell.

oh right, but my point still stands, I think its safe to assume that the majority of "ghetto kids" who can't afford to buy music/merch are non-white meaning that the target audience "Those with money" will be predominatly white...

My point is that rock doesn't suck cause its white and only black kids listen to music now, it just can't compete with mainstream hip-hop. To prove my point even further one of the most popular rappers today, Lil Uzi constantly sells the image of being a rockstar, having rock type instrumentals and lyrics in his songs too. So how is it that rock is still "shit" if people are trying to promote it?

Sup Forums would love to get 84 replies in a thread...take this bullshit over to them. GET OUT

The secret to bringing back rock is to breathe new life into it. And by new life, I mean racism. Make it hot and spicy, too edgy for some folks. That's the lifeblood of rock or any type of music really.

Here's what I'm talking about.
vimeo.com/217390393

That's a platinum hit. Just waiting for a record deal.

non-whites aren't.

kys with that non organized muscial bullshit. Here is what is left or rock. sad.
youtube.com/watch?v=HdnTSXUWd3E

jokes on you I only listen to turbofolk from those wartorn balkan countries make a real man outta ya

he filmed one of his videos in the train station i go to every day haha

fuck this city

lmao ok here's something more less experimental

youtube.com/watch?v=BermIHe03zU

it will rise like a pheonix from the ashes....nah im just kidding....your spot on...even the best classic rock songs are being remixed for le ebin film trailers

>since then
I don't think you know what apex means.

but btw I agree with you on the demographics thing. We get rap shit because blacks can buy records now, and white girls will listen to whatevre is on the radio.

Youth does NOT dictate what’s cool. Tv, radio, and movies do

your not wrong

Want a white pill? Slaves were often used as entertainment for their owners. No one said they weren't musically talented. I would much rather have the jackson 5 over Lincoln park, because negros are musically better.

Does that make them superior? No. They are equally great at destroying their own songs. Take drake and lil pump for rap; they have ruined an entire genre without help from a white male. Rnb has just turned to sexy fun time songs, and jazz is more dead than hitler. The worst part? Most white people actually revive these communities, not destroy them.

I happily listen to niggers performing, they are just better at it. Other than the "fuck drumpf" bullshit, yet I don't listen to newer songs anyway (like I said, they ruin it as well as create it).

The only possible negative could be the children listening to this. But kids aren't really too easy to brainwash, are they? Still, I would prefer negros making great music at the sacrifice of a little culture, rather than shit songs with an ethno pure state.

>nirvana
LOL