Bugout bags

Why waste your time on a puny little day bag (suitable for one day) when a proper ruck sack accounts for all the arrangements you need.

Time and time again I see crappy bug in survivalists who prep little walmart back pack day bags and they don't even include sleeping gear arrangements.

A surplus ruck will cost you 50 bucks. Spend another 20 on some compression bags and you can include sleeping / shelter gear in this one stop shop survival in a bag!

Other urls found in this thread:

google.co.uk/search?q=KARRIMOR SABRE SF 130&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiG6viX-NDYAhXnJMAKHTd6DAMQ_AUICygC&biw=1024&bih=496
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

this thread again? literally 2 hours between shill bot repeat posts. get some new fucking material shareblue...

wait. nevermind. this one sounds intelligent. Funny how we have daily flavors of topics like this. carry on kind sir.

You should also have multiple food stashes in the woods.

Are you kids talking about your bugman bags again, aww cute

A bug out bag is supposed to be a bag you grab that has supplies for 72 hours until you get to your bug in location. It's not for camping.

This one is a canuck ruck. 64 pattern. Use a compression sack and that huge valise bag for sleeping gear gets 50 percent smaller.

This is what they're sliding:
sage

I plan to bug in. My bug out setup is my 4wd with whatever seems best due to the situation. Get a rack for your home and fill it to make a mini-mini mart. You should already have munitions.

A ruck covers all your needs. And in the event that you can't reach your bug in location you're still covered. A tiny walmart back pack with some candy bars isn't worth shit.

Are these water proof? This is my biggest issue with my issued ruck sack is having to water proof it myself.

military rucks are water resistant. But just in case plastic garbage bags cost and weigh nothing.

The surplus US army ruck even has pockets for magazines.

My bug out bag consists of water, money, papers, a set of clothes and backup harddisk.
The worst thing that could realistically happen here is anarchists burning my house down. And then these contents are enough to move to a hotel.

>A ruck covers all your needs.
I have a ruck sack, take it moose hunting, and there is no way on the planet I would use it as a bug out bag.

I pack for a week in my car. Generally I am within 50 miles of home and I don't live anywhere near a major city. I don't feel the need to bug out since i am remote. I bug in.

God this place is shit

Gen2 ilbe is a nice and comfy bag for vig walks

The ILBE is a fine base for a BOB. Be careful not to overpack it, though. The capacity is too high form most people's needs.

>tfw live 10 minutes away from a major city
>tfw even where I live is less than 1mi2 and still has 10,000 people living in it

There aren't many darkies here so I'll be okay right? R-right?

Why not? Can't carry 20 pounds of gear? You can fast clip a day bag to it. Get to your bug out location and then use your day bag for recce and patrol while your ruck is your home base set up.

I can just see it for you. Prepped a bug out location. Grab your fanny pack day bag. Can't get to your bug out shelter. No sleeping / shelter, Supplies to last you a few days and boom you're fucked. Nothing to shelter through cold winter nights.

Idk, doing all the work for someone to murder you in your sleep and take it all; seems kinda dumb to me

The medium ALICE pack does not. The large ALICE pack can hold 9 stanag mags in the pouches below the drawstring. Most operators replace these with pouches for other items since mags are typically carried on the body.

If you want the ultimate BOB, check out the Tactical Tailor MALICE pack. Eberlestock and Mystery Ranch are fine too, I guess. If you are too short or tall for ALICE. (Ideal height is 5,11 to 6.2)

its a 45 minute drive for me. About 30 miles to the closest town of 30k. Next closest town is over 100 miles of 50k.
You should carry a firearm with you. Consider a back up form of transportation. Like a fold up bike or a moped.

It's a great hunting bag and it comes with a drybag to go inside it.
>The ILBE is a fine base for a BOB.
No it's not
>Can't carry 20 pounds of gear?
You live in Canada and don't know how much a fucking moose weighs??? Let me guess, you speak fluent french.

what are those white cloth bags to dry/hang meat called

It really is. It is a USMC copy of a proven Arc'Teryx design. It's just bulky and overly reinforced, and doesnt interface well with modern body armor. Which is why they now use the FILBE. You are talking to a grunt with hundreds of miles of experience using this kit.

>tfw when live 17 hours drive from nearest city, tfw theres only 5000~ people in 10000 square kilometers of where i live

While on the subject, who here black powder?
Been reading on how to make it. Very interesting and nuanced. The mixture is pretty simple. Ratios already worked out. You don't need sulfur but it helps with ignition. Most people who make it without sulfur use stronger primers. Less smokey without sulfur. Still learning about grain size and how to bind it into proper sized nuggets.

nevermind just called game bags

>It really is.
It really isn't. I'm using a regular old Grey Osprey pack.
>nevermind just called game bags
Technically they are from NAPA (car store) and are used to buff wax off. You can pay $10 for a game bag or $10 for a roll of NAPA "5# Roll Polishing "Cheese" Cloth" that lasts a long ass time.

Couple of things that could help most of you out on this particular topic,

1) You should target 72 hours at a bare minimum for any bag, if they don't come to save you or if the issue is not over in the first 72 hours then you probably have bigger issues at hand than any pack you put together will save you
2) Whatever you put together, live on only what you put into it for 72 hours while living inside your home and then try it again living in (or at least sleeping in) your backyard for 72 hours. Majority of the people out there don't put their kit to the test and only have reading skills instead of bushcraft skills.
3) Do not forget to focus on comfort, if you think throwing a trash bag over you as you try to use a ferro rod to light a petroleum soaked cotton ball on day 3 is your idea of fun then have at it. Comfort from the elements, getting good sleep, being well fed and something to pass the time should not be passed over. Yeah, I get it, you want to go out with your BK2 and custom scout carry sheath and build everything with gutted paracord but most likely if you are reading this you can't do it anyways.
4) Don't bugout unless you really have to and that means 'really have to'. You hear the city is under attack, the earthquake detroyed everything, groups of zombies, etc. Outside of that, it is far better to stay put and put some money into lumber to cover openings
5) Whatever you eat normally, have some more of that set aside. People who buy 100lbs of beans+rice because people told them to are going to be unhappy if they never eat or prepare beans+rice normally. Remember, if whatever is going on goes on for longer than 72 hours then you probably won't be prepared for it anyways (again if you are even reading this post and learning anything).
6) Get a headlamp, doesn't really matter what kind although a better quality one would of course be better. Approx. 50 lumens lasting 10+ hours on a AA is a good target.

A rule of thumb: pack as if youre going camping, but only the essentials and dont forget to bring ammo.
Try it to make sure it works, go camping with your BoB, if it was hell on earth youre doing it wrong, if it felt like a calming campingtrip your doing it right... Sure a BoB is for staying alive but who says you cant survive and stay comfy?
A foldable sleepingpad, a lightweight bag and tent isnt that heavy or cumbersome, and if you arent capable of carrying that you sure as hell aint gonna survive with less than that.

When the apocalypse comes, I'll know to target men carrying large bags.

>Are these water proof? This is my biggest issue with my issued ruck sack is having to water proof it myself.
You can also put some wax on them.
>military rucks are water resistant. But just in case plastic garbage bags cost and weigh nothing.
This, you should have heavy duty trash bags anyway since you can use them for so much more. Rain shelter/poncho, collecting stuff, making a mattress out of leafs etc. Obviously you should all ready have dedicated things that does that but in case you run into some friend that doesn't have jack shit you can at least keep him dry/have him carry some shit for the first few days.

And if you keep all your gear inside a plastic bag your pack also floats, at least for a while.

>Idk, doing all the work for someone to murder you in your sleep and take it all; seems kinda dumb to me
That's what the mouse traps and shotgun shells are for.

reminder if you don't regularly ruck with your ruck your ruck will fuck you

best fix them straps boy... or are you some kind of nigger?

just like in ARMA

>Needing to rely on something like this to survive in an emergency
>Not being knowledgeable and skilled enough to survive in the wild for an indefinite amount of time without the need for any tools

Let me give you a tip. If things go bad and you decide to run away and hide, all you need to bring along is a gun, to shoot yourself with.
All a bag like this is going to do is buy you 2-3 days before you start to die.

If you really want to survive, educate yourself and go practice. Bugout bags are a temporary solution to what could be a very permanent problem.

Karrimor Sabre SF 130L,google.co.uk/search?q=KARRIMOR SABRE SF 130&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiG6viX-NDYAhXnJMAKHTd6DAMQ_AUICygC&biw=1024&bih=496

>only the essentials
Why though? Worst case scenario you can just ditch some gear on the way to lighten the load. Best case scenario you give it to some one in need or trade it for food and water. As long as you don't go full 120 pound retard and know what the essentials are so you can ditch all the not so essential shit you should be fine.

Going innawoods during a crisis is probably a terrible idea. Gather your friends and family and work together - that's the way to survive. Roughing it alone is just going to lead to a lonely and futile death.

>i be layin on a hill shootin beeble wit da biggust bag jus lik in da vidya games hurr
Get out.

>ruck sack
lol i googled it, it's actually a word

>can't into irony
beaner detected

Bug Out Bag = a nice way for you to leave your home and allow (them) to take over your neighborhood

what you need is a GET HOME BAG, a bag with enough supplies for a 20-mile walk from your workplace to your house, where you can then resort to your basement where you keep your stash of food and weapons

>have supplies so you can go take refuge somewhere, to see how things are going to unfold, and come up with a game plane without needing to go into harms way, or bring attention to yourself is a bad thing.
I agree that a huge bag won't do much for you except weigh you down, but you have to have the essentials. A bunch of freeze dried/dehydrated food, water filter, first aid kit, etc, combined with a decent radio can go a long fucking way.
Also
>inb4 thread is moved to /out/ or /k/

I'm ready to rock, except biggest worry is EMP. ATV, Jeep, even boat motor- ded... I cant get to my spot without at least one. Or one hell of a hike.
Lucky bastards with old diesel truck/boats may have a chance.. still would fry starter/altenator..

Keep in mind the two is one, one is none rule, and the 1/3rd rule. Don't carry more than a third of your body weight, and have a backup for any essential items. Or alternate means. (For example, dont just have a water purifier. Have tabs AND something to boil with. JIC.

>look up pictures of bugout bags
>they're full of mostly processed crap with enough sodium to kill a small child and sugary junk/HFCS