I PLACE ONE CARD FACE DOWN AND END MY TURN

I PLACE ONE CARD FACE DOWN AND END MY TURN.

YOUR MOVE.

I CALL RIICHI.

With no monsters left on the field, I summon Dark Magician. It's clear direct attack.

SENTAA NI BADI KOORU
BUSHIN RYUU OU
DUERU ZIIIIIGAAAAA!!

I PLAY SHAYMIN-EX FROM MY HAND AND USE IT'S SETUP ABILITY TO DRAW UNTIL I HAVE 6 CARDS IN MY HAND

...Yanno, this is about the 4th or so time I saw this kind of thread (lost count) and someone always posts that card. Actually starting to want to see if it's any good with my deck.

screw the rules I have money

There's so much bullshit going on in today's yugioh that I doubt it'd be of much use. I stopped playing back when the black cards where the hot new thing.

I activate my dubs.

ORE NO TURN
GISHKI SHOKAN! ARAWARERO! BURUAIZU KAOSU MAKKUSU DORAGON!
BATTLE DA!

MASAKA.

RICHIE? ANYBODY SEEN RICHIE?

You've activated my trip card!

I ignore, take the Maxx C challenge and summon this guy 3 times.

Invalid move yugi.

What the flying fuck is that, and why does it give the impression that there are 9 monster card zones now?

I activate my trap card, enjoy your 0 def.

Yeah...I ran Extra Deck heavy decks, haven't touched the game since they changed everything.

I summon this stuff.

Don't be ridiculous, there are only 7 at the absolute most.

IMPOSIBLE!

Judge! OP is cheating! He set a monster and ended his turn yet suddenly he has a set trap card that wasn't there before!

I summon trips of the forbidden one

It's him isn't it? That card was so fucking broken.

is this the madoka power deck

MUDA DA

UNLIMITED POWER

You think THAT'S broken? Get a load of this.

>sends your own cards to the graveyard
Is this supposed to be a good thing?

My old real life deck had 3 of those along with 3 of the bigger ones just to fuck over my opponent decks. It was funny destroying their big ass cards with those card effects so easily.
That's not bad either, but the whole sending own card to graveyard isn't so cool unless you have a deck made around having a big graveyard.

You might want to play more Yugioh, Lightsworns were terrifying back in the day. Also the graveyard is essentially your hand.

In the modern game EVERY deck benefits from sending cards in deck to the grave. You clearly haven't played in a while.

t. hasn't played since 2005
It's OK, I didn't know about any of this bullshit either until a few months ago

Yeh I haven't played the game in 8+ years.
But I kinda figured that considering you could make some cool gimmicks even back in the old days.

>CYBERS
asl?
>no defense
What the fuck?

>he doesn't know

you activated my trap card

This card is banned, Konami was sick of assholes using this card in tournaments to win matches on technicalities.

Barely anyone runs the sort of deck that would make that card useful.

That's a retarded card.

You do realise that doesn't work, right?

It does work since it doesn't target or destroy

Of course. Yugioh is different today. There are decks that revolve around sending cards to the graveyard and special summoning them. Why do you think this card exists?

But it does.

You should point out the fact that card is limited.

NOW IS THE TIME TO ACTIVATE MY DECKMASTER'S SPECIAL ABILITY

While you're at it should should also point out that this card is banned and it's not due to the second effect.

She's limited to one mate.

Also shameless self-promotion:
Yugioh Aspiring Duelist Quest(tm) coming back on the 20th of May to /qst/ near you!
Up next- What's Mokuba angry about? What's with the glowing cards?! Begginer's Tournament Continues!

You can cycle Trish easily.
I'm pretty sure some Zoo build can pull it off consistently.

Farewell Diamond Dire.

I'm trying to deduce whether this is or is not better than Lighting Chidori in wind based decks.
I've no idea.

both are worth running because they do different things, I'm going to use both in my ritual beast deck

Chidori's still really good since he doesn't destroy and he can deal with monsters too. This guy's quickplay and can pop your own s/t.

No it's not. It can turns a losing game into a draw game. That's also the reason it got banned.

>Quickplay and can pop your own s/t.
It's time to scrub out some more I guess.

post anime

You want to dump this with Channeler for a free rank 7 and a search.

ORE NO TURN

Why cover the rank 4s toolbox most glaring weakness AND make it quickplay

No.
Read Channeler mate, you can't. Believe me, unlike you I actually played the deck back when it was somewhat viable.

xD

to sell packs
at least rank 4 doesnt have generic negation yet

They did have that
It was called Tellarknight Ptolemaeus.

I already won with exodia last turn. Stop playing more cards.

Rank 4 also doesn't have non-targeting, non-destruction, non-battle removal.

Thank god it's not generic but they have Tiaramisu.

Tiaramisu is archetype-specific, so it's not part of the Rank 4 toolbox.

Post your favorite combo
Wattgiraffe + United We Stand + Scapegoat + Twin Swords of Flashing Light-Tryce

they do, its just not generic. i cant wait until power creep gives us a card as dumb as this that every deck can use

My favorite combo from last format is Zoodiac Barrage.
That's the entire combo.

normal fossil dyna set anti-spell, strike and warning activate card of demise equip moon mirror shield set another strike activate necrovalley pass turn

Soul Absorption + Pot of Desires + Eater of Millions + Gren Maju De Eiza

I love big numbers.

The card that ruined the franchise

A children's card game.

I activate my trap card.

This card is really, really bad.
Mainly because you can't search generic RUM.
The only way to reliably get them is dumping Astral and adding it Astral or Marshalling Field (this card is terrible, don't use it).

I will use everything you just mentioned

Well, Marshalling Field kinda works in Cyber Dragons, but it's so fucking slow.

It's good if you're playing a decage ago. If you're stuck here like the rest of us non-time travelling plebs then it's trash now.

Dark Magician of Chaos + Swords Of Revealing Light

I don't want to hate on xyz and synchro summons because I get that the game had to refresh its mechanics for continual players. I play a GX/early 5Ds effect monster deck and I obviously get my shit pushed in when I come up against a more up to date synchro/xyz/pendulum deck online. My impression is that old effect monsters have more limitations about how their effects transpire and the potential to backfire on the player. On the other hand these newer effect monsters are really strong and always stack positively, neither player has to think about unintended consequences.

What you just described is XYZ summoning in a nutshell

Radiance triple summoning.

Elder + Cannahawk + Gold Sarc.

Anything involves Quasar

It's less about effects having downsides and more that monsters back then a) had weak-ass effects in general and b) didn't have the benefit of fitting into an archetype.

Archetypes are one of the things which caused the irreversible power increase in this game, and also one of the things that sets it apart from games like Pokemon TCG and MtG.

There are plenty that benefit greatly.

Hold on a second, I discard this card and say no fuck you

The main problem with XYZ is that there are two many Rank 4 with ridiculous effects.

>That longass chain

What's going on exactly?

The problem isn't the summoning methods themselves but the things you get, the rank 4 toolbox is a mess that hands solutions to everything.

Dark Room of Nightmare activates for every instance of effect damage. Since the Trickstar cards deal damage at the same time, all the activations of DRoN happen simultaneously, causing a long-ass chain.

>destroy an opponents monster card AND a spell or trap card
Spell and trap cards seem pretty useless compared to XYZ cards nowadays. What cards can block xyz/synchro summons. I remember there being quite a few that could block tribute/special summons, but what about monster effects too? I think I want to make a spoiler deck.