Why are the Shinsengumi so popular, particularly with fujoshi?

Why are the Shinsengumi so popular, particularly with fujoshi?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4yW5ViTydPw
jdorama.com/drama.857.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I've been seeing a lot of them outside of Gintama recently but I get the feeling it's a much more of a long-standing thing. Was there a fujobait show or an otome game that put them on the map way back in the day or something?

touken ranbu

They were popular with fujo before the swordfags

Nigga, Jap geek-girls have always had a boner for their historical figures, from the big generals to Shinsengumi. Chicks dig bad boys and their ancient "brotherly love", which they easily tend to turn into blatant homosex.

pretty much this

I think one of them was a trap too

I thought traps were a guy thing tho?

Fujos don't mind traps, they just prefer boyish boys over them.

Fujos won a long time ago. You just noticed it recently

How do you say Shinsengumi anyway?

like how its spelled?

shin-sen-goo-me

Like it's spelled. Don't you know how Japanese pronunciation works?

Chin - Son - Gummy

Hakuouki (otome) has been popular for a long while and is still getting spinoffs/cashgrabs.

youtube.com/watch?v=4yW5ViTydPw

Listen to this.

しんせんぐみ

Not just fujos, but japanese women in general love samurais and the edo period, shit like Touken Ranbu wouldn't become so popular just because of the fuccbois.

Came here to post the correct pronunciation.
Someone beat me to it.

It all goes back to
jdorama.com/drama.857.htm
>Viewership: 17.4%

Live action series are much bigger and more influential than anime.

Wait, so Tosshi is real?

Mind fucking blown

dude, there were books dramatizing the shinsengumi going back nearly a hundred years.

Almost all of the main cast are actual historical figures.

>literally nazi samurais

this

female history otaku are common. series like sengoku basara just capitalized on it.

now if you're wondering why women like history, they like dramatic periods. in many ways, meiji ishin and sengoku jidai are like soap operas

Nazis were /fa/ as fuck so s'cool.

SHINSENGUMI DAAAAAA.

Hijikata just serves to prove Okita is fucking shit-tier.

Shounenfags are really fucking stupid.

Hijikata pls

Okita, pls. This is a manly thread and your saberface faggotry is no longer warranted here.

>their ancient "brotherly love", which they easily tend to turn into blatant homosex.
That's because in old Japan it was both. It's because of the fucking burgers that nips stopped loving homosex. Before that, the entire country was a big Sodom for centuries (as attested by books from Portuguese priests who first visited the country).

If I remember correctly there is a very famous Nip novel from like the 70s about the Shinsengumi that hints at romantic love between Hijikata and Okita, novel which by the way may have some historical basis. I think the entire BL Shinsengumi trend came from there.

And some of the more popular swords from that particular series are the Shinsengumi's swords. Their rival's sword (Mutsu) is about a couple tiers lower than them.

Shinsengumi stuff heavily relies on the drama of the group, or if you wanna focus on Hijikata and koita as a lot of them do, on their tragedy.

> Was there a fujobait show or an otome game that put them on the map way back in the day
user, the shinsengumi have been on the map since long before otome games or the term "fujoshi" existed. It's like the Warring Kingdoms - it's not famous/popular because fujos like it, they just cottoned onto an already famous and widely-depicted set of historical figures.