What's causing the retail apocalypse? Amazon or the economy?

What's causing the retail apocalypse? Amazon or the economy?

>pic related went bankrupt

Other urls found in this thread:

ssb.no/en/befolkning/statistikker/innvbef
youtube.com/watch?v=JTo3N73hpPg
citynord.no/all-shops
sorlandssenteret.no/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=infoboks&utm_campaign=GMB
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_shopping_centres_in_Norway
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Every store I go to is empty. I know it's even worse in the US and Canada where malls are closing down left and right.

In America, it's because of too many niggers.

This, malls have become nigger playgrounds

Order online and avoid the groid

Strange. Here you only find middle class white people in the malls. Niggers only shop in the immigrant stores/the cheap supermarkets. Most niggers reside in east Oslo though.

Online availability, for instance look at Komplett. First computers only, not it's insurrance, banking and pharmacy. Amazon was for lots of small stuff and shortly almost dwarfed ebay. Online celebs with a wide market sell goods online to profit from the international fame instead of the local, people spend money on merch there is a larger chance that they won't get another one of X from a local store.

Combination of niggers ruining shopping malls and other previously large centers of commerce through loitering, shoplifting, and general nigging, retailers passing off said losses from above nigging onto paying customers by raising prices of products, and it overall being cheaper to buy online, which becomes more appealing because of the hiked prices & lack of decent human beings in the shopping centers.

Both.
In my case, I don't waste my money on chasing fashion and technology trends. I do however, have no car or house payments.

The thing is though, the growth in online shopping is much lower than the decrease in brick and mortar shopping. If you look at the raw numbers.

For now

Jewish investment companies are pulling out all of their money. You don't really know how many retailers are run by these investment companies. Not sure why they are pulling out, but every company that has closed up has lost it's Jewish support

This.
People fucking hate having to deal with niggers so they shop at home.

alot of it is that they keep jacking up the rent in malls. no one can stay in business when you're bleeding money non stop trying to pay your workers and the lease, and it's more than what you're making in a day.

In the US the niggers use malls to hang out at. For the most part they don't shop, they just roam around. Less whites then tend to frequent the malls, which only exacerbates the problems they cause because there is then less capital coming in, which means less security guards and fewer employees (and lower quality employees). So then the nigs go wild because no one is gonna stop them.

It's like a miniaturized white flight and urban decay but applied to malls.

This, and the fact that the internet has made it more convenient to shop. Retailers don't have what you're looking for half the time.

so true

online shopping

If you're interested:

ssb.no/en/befolkning/statistikker/innvbef

Wow. Doesn't surprise me though. Crazy how they're stricter here, because delinquents get thrown out of the malls no matter their race.

Shit breaks less, same reason growth in auto sales has slowed down

Yeah. Massive auto glut, america and europe have imported way to many cars.

Ordering online is so much easier than driving to a store in person, walking around and trying to find what you're looking for wastes so much time. If you do find something it's either overpriced or looks like cheap chinese shit, or worse, overpriced chinese shit. When you order online you cut-out the middle man and buy the shit directly from china for less and because you're seeing photos of it made by the manufacturers it looks a lot less shitty that it does once you actually see it in person. If you ordered online it's probably too late at that point and we're often willing to settle rather than deal with trying to return it, but actually seeing the crap in person doesn't have that advantage.

This too. So many damn minorities.

People's spending habits have changed from 10 years ago. We spend on different things now than before. How many people have a $900 cell phone now vs 2008 and it was just mom and dad that had one, now every one in the senpai has one. Cars are more expensive than before and wages haven't gone up.

everyone in the family***

Job loss is becoming more and more common in Canada for anything that isn't College/University necessary. Places even prefer College/University for entry-level/low-paying jobs anyways, because the debt you rack up from the education means you have significant financial burden and a sort of "obligation" mandating you to put up with more shit from the employer. This is made even worse by the fact that my province, Ontario, ultimately plans on having minimum wage being marked up almost 50% by this time next year. Leading to cutting back on workers(lower quality service) and/or raising prices, making said places less appealing in general. Small businesses are pretty much being thrown out the window, and I wouldn't expect anything that isn't "family owned" to even stay around for a whole lot longer, if only because "family owned" can mean parents running a place and having their dependent-kids work for cheap.

That's how it was 20 years ago here. You'll see user. Start looking for a house in the suburbs, someplace without mass transit. You'll thank me in 15 years.

Used to be that way here too. Watch the movie mallrats, it's we fairly accurate.

I recently started working at a place that "processes" auto-parts as a "middle-man" between manufacturer and recipient... pretty much just outsourced quality control. Obvious problem is that, of course, it is the single-easiest job to automate or "phase-out" in the world. The only reason it hasn't been is because the people who are making the parts, and the ones who are "receiving" the parts cant afford to since the industry is failing. They are however figuring out how to improve production quality to the point that this whole companies basis is a redundant safety-measure , and what do people do with redundancy when looking to cut costs and save their business? This place already cheaps-out on tool-quality. They also have all they need to cut this "middle-man" company almost completely out of the picture as well, as multiple times in the past *few days alone* have had shipments of parts accidentally bypass this company and go straight to the receiver. They just did all the quality control themselves in a fraction of the time because they had multitudes more employees available and better equipment. Not to mention that the last set of stuff was "worryingly" high-quality, as a worker put it. Not a single defect in a crate that typically has at least a 50% failure/defect rate.

I was a "content" NEET for 3 or so years before this job was forced onto me, and I can't say I would be sad to see it go. Not only does the job suck some serious dick, but the whole industry is a zombie that needs to just die. Honestly everyone should be using bikes or worst-case scenario public transit. It sounds like Norway is pretty much this way as it is, with the mountain of taxes I heard about making owning an automobile completely unfeasible or just a luxurious commodity for most people despite the Norwegian wage and work hours.

TURNS OUT GOING OUTSIDE TO OVERPAY IS OVERRATED WHO KNEW

For some reason Norway is a suburban country like Canada, the US and Australia. Therefore we all drive long distances, sit in traffic in our big SUV metal boxes. Regardless of the car taxes, we have to own cars because otherwise we can't get anywhere. Obviously the exception is if you live in downtown Oslo. But there are other cities than Oslo in this country, and even most of Oslo is suburban anyway.

>pic: the decade when we adopted american consumerism: the 80s.

The idea of big corporations that do nothing but we'll stuff is good. It should be replaced by local small business and not my Amazon though.

sell*

>Moods of Norway

Why is the sign in English and not in Norwegian?

Retail is shit and has been for decades. Online shopping has better prices and more selection. Only reason to shop locally is if you can get something that's premium, exclusive, convenient, or fresh groceries.

Because it's a hipster international brand. Look it up, I think they had some stores in New York if I'm not mistaken.

Are most signs still in Norwegian, or has (((globalism))) claimed another victim?

>hipster store
>goes bankrupt
Gee, I wonder why.

>It should be replaced by local small business
That's never going to happen. Big stores like Walmart kill small businesses because small businesses are specialized by nature, so you have to visit several of them to get all the shit you'd need if you just visited one big retail store. The convenience of the bigger stores kills the smaller stores and the convenience of digital stores is killing the physical stores.

Even if all the small stores went digital, you'd still have to go out of your way to find them compared to the big ones like Amazon.

interesting.. i was convinced that this was happening because minorities are making malls in the USA dangerous and shoppers stop coming. This is certainly true to an extent, but if it's happening in a soceity like Norway then something else is obviously causing it.

Bad regulations and amazon doesn’t have to abide by these regulations.

>>Drive thirty minutes to mall
>>walk for 20 minutes through parking lot and mall to store while having to endure niggers, spics, and awful white trash who linger at mall.
>>get to store to find either an overly annoying sales person or no one to help at all (+50% chance to be the one you DON'T need at the moment)
>>find thing you wanted to buy, but it's not your size
>>find no alternatives
>>walk 20 minutes back through mall and parking lot annoyed.
>>drive home for thirty minutes.

VERSUS

>>Log into Amazon
>>click on thing you want to buy
>>buy
>>wait a day or two for item

Not even a contest.

Researching dead and dying malls is one of my guilty pleasures. The story is almost always the same in the U.S.. "Teens" run wild. The mall doesn't address the problem appropriately for one reason or another. Shoppers drive twenty miles down the road to a safer mall and leave the old mall to the "teens". The old mall dies a slow death and becomes a major problem for the community. If there's a silver lining, kikes own most of the major mall companies.

I took your advice before I got it. I live far away from the city.

youtube.com/watch?v=JTo3N73hpPg

Retail prices are unsustainable, the model needs you to continue feeding money to it in order to keep appearances.

Have a look for yourself. A list of the stores in a standard mall (the mall I visited and took the picture in)

citynord.no/all-shops

It’s seriously this. I refuse to deal with niggers or a 400 pound wetback indian chief looking bitch with her 8 child wetback brood running wild in the store while I’m trying to shop. I order the bare essentials online and say fuck it to the rest. It’s also a fucked up feeling when your genuinely excited when your work socks and deodorant arrive via UPS.

Cheap Chinese made knockoffs sponsored by the official companies.

That is a problem but the biggest problem is retail is extremely over regulated.

Alot of those old retailers are really stuck in their own way and refuse to adapt to new demands and practices. That and Amazon too.

I agree, I go out to the store at 7:00 in the morning just to avoid the niggers.

>drive to the mall and spend hours dodging niggers who want to stab you
or
>stay home and order online with free shipping and returns

Amazon new ways is not being over regulated. The government should de regulated the retail business.

Stores in my area almost never have shit that I'm looking for, it's much easier just to order online and be done with it. The only exceptions would be clothes, food, and whatever I might need from Lowes, Rural King, or True Value.

>The only exceptions would be clothes
I find that all mens clothes stores suck major ass, but only beat-out ordering online because you can't tell how it'll look on you or if it'll even fit half the time.

Looks comfy. Need any low skilled Americans?

Low-skill is flooding in from eastern europe. What we need are engineers and software developers. But I mean, I know americans that have taken their education in Norway, and stayed for 20-30 years and loved it. One of my teachers in high school was an american from Dayton, Ohio. He'd lived here for well over 30 years.

Well, the stuff you buy online is cheap chinese crap too.

Low wage growth
High debt
Higher living costs
Virtual experiences
Internet Shopping
End of this stage of Capitalism.

UK is havin a rough retail time
Stores closing
Quarterly reports horrendous.

You have comfy oil fund
UK wasted theirs

Recession global soon.

It is due to the crippled middle class not having the buying power it once had. Using Amazon is a scapegoat to the reality, which is that people have less money every passing day.. and cannot afford luxuries anymore.

Welcome to globalization.

Do you need English teachers with a masters in Germanic language and literature?

Literally NJ. As the black neighbors rose, the more blacks started "hanging" out at malls, the more people went to nice malls in rich white people areas. And by hanging out, we all know I mean loitering in groups and talking shit to people that pass by.

I don't know where this meme comes from. I live in a place that has at least 10 malls within a 20 minute drive of my house and they're always packed to the brim. It's shitty ass stores that sell the same shit other stores sell for a higher price that are closing. (Target Canada and Sears as examples.)

That's how it starts user malls here are fucked they used to be comfy but are crime ridden market bazaar tier shitholes everywhere else even here retail is dying because nobody can afford anything.

Blame cost of living leaving nobody with excess money

Also Norwegian malls suck I was at the supposed biggest mall in Norway near Kristiansand and it was a garbage mall. American malls are god tier, love crossing the border and shopping in them. Canadian malls are alright but not as good as America's.

what a weird brand

Kristiansand mall? That's a fucking strip mall, man. City Nord, CC, City Syd. Those are some good ones. But yeah, you're not going to get anything close to the Mall of America here, and that's to be expected really. The amount of retail you'll find in Norway is artificially low because so many people here shop in Sweden.

Hipsters, what can I say?

I also say "this".

In nj they got a mall near the nice suburbs but also near some bad areas. So the hood people started coming and the suburban whites stopped. They got all these nice stores with shoppers who cant afford to buy anything. Only a matter of time til someone gets shot. Already had several store robberies. Sad.

It was this one

sorlandssenteret.no/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=infoboks&utm_campaign=GMB

Biggest one

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_shopping_centres_in_Norway

most people just spend their money at indie coffee shops now desu

Yeah, Sörlandssenteret is the entire retail area. So that number of stores includes all the big box stores near the mall itself, all the other stores in the retail designated area.

Sandvika is the largest mall.

oh alright. Shit mall anyway.

I wouldn't know. Haven't been there.

NJ anons against niggers taking over malls unite. Make Menlo Mall great again

I have to have packages shipped to a friends house because of niggers swiping packages. Niggers ruin online retail as well.

>oversaturation (too many malls during the spending boom in the 80s/early 90s)
>too many niggers
>people realized they didn't need most of the shit they were overpaying for
>the "atmosphere" of malls died (see: niggers)
>arcades died
>amazon
>retail apocalypse started (CEOs didn't want to adjust spending or profit margins as the times changed)
>those same CEOs kept cutting themselves massive paychecks like it was still the 80s and malls were still booming
>people realized malls are eyesores
>too many niggers
>there's a million other things to waste time on (when malls were first popping up, it was an all day event, and a fun one at that)
>so many niggers

this. they shoplift all the damn time.

In america, throwing niggers out of a place for acting like niggers is "racist".

NJ is irrevocably lost. Too many pajeets, hispanics and blacks thanks to king nigger. You have to keep in mind, pajeets and hispanics can also be very black and will NEVER consider themselves to be black, even when they look more nigger than 56% face. I've worked with hispanics in my time that swore up and down they were partially white or came from white families.

>What's causing the retail apocalypse? Amazon or the economy?

white folks dont want to go shopping any more with all these black and brown monkeys around

For one they are marketing with a tractor. They should switch to virgins.

I worked with a bunch of puerto rican chicks in philly. One day the one told me that her neighbors were such stinky niggers that she could smell africa from her porch.

That's how I get groceries. Welfare niggers only shop after 8am, and there's nothing worse that getting stuck in line behind Nigresha and her 4 kids paying with EBT and a pile of WIC checks for $500+ in soda and chips.
The only problem is some grocery stores only have pavement apes working the registers, so you have to use self checkout unless you want Tyrone breaking your eggs because "fuck work and fuck wipipo."

You seem reasonably intelligent. Why were you a NEET and why don't you find a better/more challenging job?

Surely not a shithole. Trump was right.

Amazon and the economy. Expendable money also mostly goes towards a few very expensive electronics (which you should probably buy online due to site sales and such). Digital goods as well are starting to dominate young peoples purchases, a game bought from steam or PSN isn't going to help any retail stores, same goes for movies and such.

>What's causing the retail apocalypse?
My love for abandoned malls

malls arent closing down left and right, department stores are being replaced with restaurants/cinemas/dicks sporting goods/other venues of commerce

I used to love going to the mall, in fact, when I got my driver's license id chill there all the time. That was around 2007 but even then it was starting to lose it's luster.

The black people thing is totally true but I do remember a time where a kid could spit a little game at some cute scene chicks but that was back in the day. Pre texting and myspace.

I'm 28 and now I'm sad that malls suck but there's just no place for them in today's world.

Niggers also kill amusement parks.

>store opens in black neighborhood
>millions of dollars in loss, ruined merchandise
>store closes
>"muh racist companies, muh food desert"

every time

a big part of the problem in california is the malls are full of niggers and other shitskins.

no decent white person would be caught dead there.

My complete and total disdain for all humanity is causing the retail apocalypse. I would much rather buy something online and wait a week for it to arrive than have to go out and be surrounded by the mindless droves in society. I think that many share these feelings.

Shitty infrastructure. Roads that cant handle traffic volumes now. America is basically still in the 90s infrastructure wise which was fine back then because millennials couldnt drive. Now they can so its like 2 baby boomers worth of drivers for roads that can handle only one

Shit infrastructure makes people never leave their house besides for wprk and just order shit online

man, all our suburbs look EXACTLY the same

Lebs and Abos steal the most here

Closest mall to my home is almost completely barren other than the niggers that just walk around all day