What the fuck happened?

What the fuck happened?

As someone who only knows the basics about this series, and has seen Higurashi: When They Cry abridged, I can wholeheartedly say that I prefer the newer artwork.

>he doesn't like mitten hands

Stockholme please go.

mmmm armpit oranges

that's not even an accurate comparison, you nigger. I know there's a VN-only comparison somewhere out there, I wish I had saved it.

What are you bitching about? How is it not accurate?

VN artwork is being compared to an anime.

DEEN. The original art will always be the best, as the new stuff simply isn't as expressive while diverging from the author's intentions.

Quality is not how to visually express emotions.

That doesn't stop DEEN's art from being inferior in comparison to the VN when it comes to expressiveness. In this case Ryukishi's art isn't high grade in the first place, so technical quality isn't factored in.

Ryu can't draw, but his expressions are definitely on point for what he wants to get across.

How did Ryu07 feel about the OVA's getting so fanservicey?

Is the Higurashi anime a meme? I just picked it up from my backlog and it's pretty awful in every aspect so far.

What was the author trying to express in that art from the VN? Hideousness?

You can't take it too seriously. People mostly like it because Shion best girl and has a lot of fun light heartedness mixed in with all the gore.

Pretty much. It can be fun if you treat it like a trashy horror movie. Read the VN instead, it is far better.

Kinda meme. The 2nd season gets better, but you have to get through the 1st season, which is a lot to ask.

Emotions largely. Ryukishi has smug faces and shit eating grins among others down to an art. You can't seriously claim that anything that Deen makes looks nice though, much less the Higurashi anime and its QUALITY.

Do not read the VN. Especially if you've watched the anime. It's R07 so it's trash. Also there are better VNs out there

And somehow the anime is superior? Saying that you shouldn't read a VN just because there exist better ones is fallacious at best. Maybe people have already read Cross Channel or whatever the fuck you consider the best VN ever made.

Like what? The only thing that is even better than WTC is arguably Ever17 and MLA.

Lurk forever. I'd even put Sharin no Kuni over this garbage.
Hideous

>Sharin no Kuni
>over WTC

Grisaia did what it set out to do but better.

Alright thanks, figured it couldn't just be me. I'm not one for VNs so I'll pass on it, but will stick around for a bit. Worst case I'll just keep it in the background while I do somethign else.

To follow up, the manga is actually decent and worth reading. I would generally say for Higurashi

VN>Manga>>>Anime

And for Umineko

VN>Manga>>>>>>>>Anime

You'd better not be talking shit about Kira faggot.

More like Manga>VN for Umineko, at least for Chiru.

I hated the original Higurashi VN because of the artwork. How are you supposed to take something seriously when it looks like it was drawn by literal retards?

The anime artwork steadily increased over time. Although the last two have been a step back in terms of art style they're still a vast improvement to the original.

Why would you not read the VN, it has the best soundtrack, and voices if you so choose. Which makes it 10x better than the manga. Manga is for reading after you read the VN.

The changes that the manga made are nice, but you are right in that reading both is ideal.

Original VN is flawed but updated versions make it way more bearable. Also, you'll miss out on bath towel Satoko

Wasn't he the one who wrote them? Some of the episodes in Kira are just adaptations of some of the extra VN arcs that were released.

because its even worse than the anime, kill yourself retard

Are you retarded?

are you?

You can compare VN artworks, because there about 5 renditions of it. Comparing VN artwork to anime artwork is fucking dumb.

Not sure why I had to point this out for you, fucking retard.

>drawing a still sprite well is harder than an anime
literally brain damaged, end yourself moron

Ever17 is overrated as fuck. Yes, it has possibly the best twist of all time, but all the routes up until the last were snorefests.

Both WTC franchise are top tier in terms of endearing you to the characters. You just wish you could hang out with everyone. Can't wait for the next one.

One Christmas I got a friend of mine this pillow since I knew he liked Higurashi... and I kept teasing him that he kept playing "Japanese dating sims". (Though I knew it wasn't one, I knew it annoyed him when I called it that.)

Everyone from Umineko is self centered though, wouldn't want to hang out with any of them.

PS2 sprites are good
Umineko PS3 sprites are good

So for the next game, would you want to see references/cameos of the Higurashi cast or would you rather R07 just left it alone?

Just do what he did with Umineko.

>go into the show expecting it to be little girls killing each other and horror
>by the last arc there's a time travel plot with thousand year old loli and all the girls join together and preach about the power of friendship

what the fuck happened?

Should've just read WTC3 and 4.

>Higurashi
>Rememebr when that and Elfin Lied were the go to edge anime
Damn does this take me back

the last one is not real right?

Those were the OVAs.

>le killer lolis xD
This is why secondaries are cancer.

which no one watched