What are your HONEST thoughts on Re:Zero?

Volume 4 was shit and cringey
the rest was pretty good, enjoyable
rem was and still is best girl

>Re:______

I like it, it's not the best anime I've ever seen but I still enjoy watching it

>Liking Re:ddit zero

I just burned through episodes 1-10 and have enjoyed it a lot so far.

It was ok. Nothing great but not bad.

5/10.

I find it curious how there are more fags like you shitting on re:zero than there are people shitting on naruto these days. Makes me think.

I liked it, Subaru a cute, I just skipped his autistic rage after Julius kicked his ass. Also Remfags annoyed me to no end because the director and Taippei decided to cut Rem from the ending.

Rem is cool. Subaru gets better slowly. Emilia is shit. Plot is alright.

The anime is flawed and is missing a lot of important show changing scenes in the later half of the season but I liked it a lot. It has some quirks like the MC being a autistic sperg but that allows for him to develop and be "redeemed". Some scenes were absolute K i n o because of the OST.

cringey main stream shit

I enjoyed it a lot, it missed out some important details from the LN and certain episodes weren't all that great but overall it was a fun ride. A lot of the hate it gets on Sup Forums is mostly because we're a bunch of contrarian cunts who like making bait as opposed to discussing things.

Yeah, pretty okay show. Concept was interesting enough to keep my attention for a while. Don't really have any intentions of finishing it soon.

Subaru carried hard. Rem sucks.

I really liked Emilia, I found the world interesting, and Subaru was okay for a MC.

Perhaps most notable however was the fact that the death scenes got to the point where they were somewhat like Another in that they are unintentionally hilarious.

Dropped halfway, didn't really like it so I don't even remember most of it.

I enjoyed the first 10 episodes, but afterwards it really dragged. I hate the way it relies so heavily on the reset gimmick, and a lot of the time the MC is an annoying cunt.

I like it. It should have ended at episode 15

>Local man slays Whale of Gluttony and Archbishop of Pride
Subaru could kill anybody in universe except for Reinhardt and Satella

It was alright. I won't read the LN but if it gets a S2 I'll watch it.

Also I'd prefer it if the main characters with Crusch, Felix, and Reinhardt. They seem much more interesting.

missing out friend

—When Subaru returned to the Capital, heard about the attack on Rem's group, saw her condition, and learned that there wasn't a way to bring her back, Subaru unhesitatingly stabbed himself through the throat with a dagger. He couldn't remember what he felt then. Having achieved everything in the optimum way, answered to everyone's expectations with all he had—and then losing it, made the deed nothing he felt any reluctance toward.
If he was going to lose Rem, if he was heading toward a future without her, then he'd undergo the suffering no matter how many times it'd take—that alone did he remember.
Stabbed his throat, and with the blood and the pain and the heat and loss, he felt the sensation of himself departing. When it cleared, what Subaru saw before him was a bed where Rem lay.
The respawn point had updated. The point to redo had changed. Subaru had been thrust into hell. Thinking something must be wrong, Subaru went to commit suicide once more, but hesitated. It wasn't that he was afraid of pain or death. It was simply that he had realized it.

Hot garbage

It was shit, and I hate myself for not dropping it during the mansion arc

It wasn't absolutely terrible but it was really boring and uninspired for me. It was perfectly average and a little uninteresting. I kind of wish it was terrible so it'd leave more of an impression.

It taught me that shows where the protagonist can't do anything on his own are worse than shows where the protagonist can do everything on his own.

Tried watching it but dropped it around episode 3 or 4. Wasn't going to watch some retard MC flounder around in a time loop. Endless Eight at least made it enjoyable by having little details change per loop that you watch out for, but having the MC just run around doing stupid shit after the first time was too annoying for me.

because naruto was fucking awesome at one point and re:trash wasn't ever good

Great animation, MC slightly above average, everything else is meh.

That Subaru is a massive fucking pussy.

Satella is under the impression that Subaru could kill her.

the first arc or two were really good, the all of the third one was comically bad, culminating with the hot pile of garbage that was 16 or 18 or whatever

>unintentionally hilarious
The author is literally a butcher. He enjoys death scenes.
They didn't plan out the third Arc too good.

I was on the verge of dropping it during whatever arc where he kept dying at the mansion was. Shit dragged on way too long.

yea that wasn't as good as the first one, but it wasn't awful

It wasn't terrible but it was starting to annoy me, especially right after the first arc that was exactly the same. Show got better after that though.

Really? The third arc was by far the worst

I'm gonna be honest I barely remember it. I just remember being less annoyed after the second arc.

>harem
shit

It was the one where he kept on trying to go back to the castle to save everyone but then he kept on getting caught by betelgeuse and mind fucked.

The episode with pack freezing him solid was kind of cool though.

There at least seemed to be some progress there so I didn't mind it as much.

Better than re:creators but still really bad

>Endless Eight at least made it enjoyable
wew how many layers of irony are we on right now?

>Re:Zero?
Surprisingly good.
>mc is not a teenager
>mc actually has a personality
>the fantasy world isn't a great place to be in (hello Witcher)
>secondary characters SURPRISINGLY don't trust a complete stranger MC on anything
>everyone has their own agenda and character

I loved the fuck out of it.
It's like the author hated Isekai genre and makes his own Isekai to shit on it.
Almost like Watchmen did, which is why watchem is literally the only good superhero movie ever.

>>mc is not a teenager

He's about 20

Remfags are lunatics.

It's interesting/enjoyable.
I've read the summaries up until Arc6, I think. The WN was still on hiatus. I wonder if Puck will come back

He's 17.

Even if he wasn't literally a teenager he looks like and acts like noe.

>volume 4

?

I thought it was unbearable trash and I couldn't get past 4 episodes without dropping it.

>Subaru
>70 kg

Why are Japs incapable of assigning accurate weights to their characters? The guy is at most 60 kg soaking wet.

>Crusch, Felix, and Reinhardt
How did you come up with such a weird line-up?

>harem
There's no harem. Who exactly do you think are in "Subaru's harem"?

>132 pounds
Anorexia isn't healthy, user

The third arc(after the first 12 ish episodes) is far better

>He's 17.
Well at least he's not in school and not an otaku self insert.
>The guy is at most 60 kg soaking wet.
He's supposed to be in good shape.

He's 5'8" and very thin. A thin but muscular 5'8" is 130 to 135 lbs, not 155 lbs.

The soundtrack made it seem as though it was something other than mediocre.

have you seen his dad?

Crusch is best girl.
Reinhardt is interesting.
I have a soft spot for Felix because I'm a born healslut.
>also it makes sense because they're all connected

Reinhardt is probably the least interesting character in the series

More interesting than Subaru or Emilia.

You are a good person

>not in school
Hikikomori. He's skipping.
>not an otaku self insert.
This one, I'll cede. But
>not an otaku
here's his room.

My honest take is that I dropped it after the three episode rule, because it wasn't interesting. Seemed pretty bland, generic and done before, to be honest.

>Well at least he's not in school and not an otaku self insert.
did you even watch the show

In what way

Not him but a wet sack of corn is more interesting than emilia.

Reinhardt's relatively generic yea but at least he's got a motivation. Emilia is without a doubt the worst character in the series.

Why does Subaru have absolutely shit gains with a father like that? Pathetic stick-like legs and next to no musculature in his shoulders and arms, all topped off by the stack of dimes he calls a neck. What a failure.

This. I actually like her design a lot but her personality is complete shit.

can't make gains without a good diet, his dad cooks for himself and his mom gave subaru a plate of peas

Ferri isn't a healslut, he's much too judgemental.

user called himself a healslut.

It made no sense and was annoying at times, but had good potential and looked nice 4/10.

user associated Ferri with healsluts.

It's weird: a mishmash of shit and inspired all jumbled up. Like the fact that Subaru's resolution to each arc has a solution that can be thought of as "normal" -- that is, part of a normal, non-looping run -- whereby the magic learnt earlier comes back to help him with the dogs, the giant tree mentioned earlier comes back as part of the plan to kill the whale & Reinhart, who he encountered earlier, comes back later to save them from Elsa.

That's honestly pretty good -- I could see a run of the mill story resolving each of the arcs just like that sans looping fuckery. And it's nice and subtle and not in your face, either. Subaru and Rem's characterisation is another one: they're well thought out and presented decently that I've got a pretty good handle on who they are.

And yet, you've got the trap cat boy who doesn't really seem to have any explanation for his behaviour. Why is he acting like this? Fuck if I know, and fuck if the show wants to explain it to me. He's just there because trap cat boy man-pussy, I guess. Maybe it gets explained in the LN, or later on, but until then, I've just got to put up with this guy, hanging around. And that's pretty shit. That's what I'd expect of normal Isekai stories: characters included because they seem to tickle the author's fetish, somewhat.

The show lives in this weird state known as the cake paradox, whereby it is both above shitty isekai tropes and yet revels in them all the same.

When Ferris was born, he was locked in his family's basement for 9 years until Crusch saved him and they became family. It's not said in the anime, but Crusch is actually wearing men's clothes. As a kid she felt that she needed to be more manly so she started to do so. Ferris wanted to support her crossdressing by crossdressing too. So they are both crossdressing. So that's why he dresses like a girl.

As to why he sometimes acts like a fag, he just likes to tease people. But he's straight.

>Maybe it gets explained in the LN, or later on, but until then,
Ferri got a side-story LN about his background.
Either his parents has distant demi-humans blood or (more likely) his mother had an affair.
So they hid him out of shame. Also he taught himself necromancy, or something?
Eventually Crusch and Fourier (Crusch's fiance) met him, then busted him out.
He became emotionally dependant on them and nearly went to bits when Fourier died (plague that killed the royal family).

He dresses in drag as a way to support Crusch.
She had a hard time when she started having to dress like a guy.

His jerkness comes from being raised, abused, and malnourished in a cellar throughout his entire childhood.
According to the author, he was on track to become a stereotypical kill-everyone-with-a-horde-of-undead darklord before he met Crusch and Fourier.

Subaru is insufferably annoying. There's no nuances there. He's just terrible, and the show is shit

Crusch-sama found Ferri without Fourier, Fourier wasn't Crusch-sama's fiance and Ferri wasn't abused in the basement. Well I guess not giving him much food is abuse too.

Very thin is a product of the art style and how the artist draws younger characters. He's supposed to be surprisingly muscular. However, everyone thought he looked too old when they drew him that way.
>Reinhardt's relatively generic yea but at least he's got a motivation.
He's basically the autistic god of justice. His family hates him, he has no intimate personal bonds with anyone, and can't read social cues and situations despite being able to read minds.

That actually looks much better. Subaru's build is more suitable, while Emilia's bland looks and outfit fits her character perfectly.

It's great but I found that I've gotten the most out of reading the manga afterwards because it handles the characters better. suberu could be really annoying though, like he's just a bit too much of a stupid spaz for the character not to just fucking kick him out.

Yeah, and it probably fits better with how everyone says he's got a scary face and eyes. It also suits the kind of guy who keeps spergraging at everyone in the WN.

>Rem

who?

>Hikikomori. He's skipping.
He was working in a shop he got Isekai'd from

>173 cm, 70 kg
That's pretty reasonable (and around the average), though.

Favorite show to be honest, there maybe better shows but I like this one more.

Jesus, it has been a year already?

I haven't been tracking the occasional threads; what's the progress on the translations? Both of the LN and the WN.

WN translation is chugging along

Which arc are they on?

I don't think he was working there. He was just doing a bit of shopping.

Decent story with an awful fanbase filled with remniggers and waifufaggotry that drowns out 99% of discussions.

I think they're almost done translating 4

Oh, that's damn solid progress. I'll look around, thanks.

I only know about the gay cat

I've never hated an MC more than in Re:zero