Was Kiznaiver a misunderstood masterpiece?

Was Kiznaiver a misunderstood masterpiece?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rYboyROGTnw
youtube.com/watch?v=mgllE3PXZnM
soundcloud.com/romshke/boom-boom-satellites-lay-your-hands-on-me-extended
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It was too intelligent for your average Sup Forums user

What was the message again? Everyone should share each other's pain right? Because people don't understand it and therefore leads to problems.

>Kiznaiver was garbage
>Mayoiga was garbage

How does Okada keep getting work?

At the very least the threads were some of the best shit of the season. God the shows disappointed me though. They ended up being so basic.

>>Mayoiga was garbage
Factually incorrect.

Mayoiga was the truly misunderstood masterpiece of spring 2016.

No, it was the opposite actually. The message was "Wow, it really IS possible to understand someone's pain without being physically linked to them after all, huh?"

>Mayoiga was the truly misunderstood masterpiece of spring 2016.
Yea sure, and Glasslip was the misunderstood masterpiece of summer 2014.

It was good, but the pairings were all wrong in the end, mostly.

Pic related.

>Everyone should share each other's pain

sounds like communism

Yes and?

What did the main plot and the climax end up being about? I dropped it at episode 3.

>The message was "Wow, it really IS possible to understand someone's pain without being physically linked to them after all, huh?"

Head, meet table

Talk about boring premise

This. I kept waiting for the twist that would make it entertaining. Something, anything that was interesting.

The show really was just about some misfits who had emotional baggage finding out they could work through their problems as a support group.

The whole sharing pain thing isn't even relevant to the show.

Nope, just another shitty teen soap opera. The premise was actually interesting, too bad it was wasted on this garbage.

Mayoiga was Mizushima's work, she only wrote scripts, same as adaptation works.

How were people praising it for the visuals?
the character designs look way more generic than any other Trigger anime and the color choices are weird and all over the place, almost as if they were trying to badly copy the monogatari series

Kiznaiver is Trigger in name only. Most of the creative team associated with the studio's image had nothing to do with it.

say what you want about the show, I think we can all agree that the OP was truly the best thing about the show

No it was just a big disappointment.

No, the ED was.

Looked pretty good to me. The only colors that were really all over the place where in the character designs, it was nothing like monogatari

This. Its just Valvrave v.2

I was more upset at how hard they pushed the main couple, as if I was supposed to give a shit about either of those two characters. Regardless of the justification of the story, being emotionless and apathetic did not make Katsuhira likable in any way. Noriko was an even more unbearable character and it got even more irritating when the cast started trying to convince me that she was totally their friend and they cared about her.

holy crap, yes
The only problem with this show I had was this fucking whole-out-of-place love square that just fucked up the ending and the atmosphere of the whole title.
I mean, hell, I myself felt really broken and sad when all of these characters were lying on the ground saying stuff like "aw shit it hurts wtf is that", cause It was a rare occasion of me really falling in love with characters. Yeah. Only to be really dissapointed in them in the end.
At least the bitch-grill and not-fat-anymore-guy came to be together in the end.

Sup Forums can't appreciate well written anime

I thought the emo scene died out 10 years ago. Does Japan still have one? The fuck is up with all these angsty teen melodramas?
"MUH sharing pain", no, fuck off and deal with life you thank-you-mr-skeltal skinny faggot, sort yourself out.

If by misunderstood masterpiece you mean a waste of good direction and budget on a subpar script, then yes.

It was so well crafted, dropping it at episode 3 (when I understood the story wouldn't lead anywhere) made me sick to my stomach.

>subpar script
how?

What
So what does that mean?

Because I say so. Not that I remember much of it now but I think that's for the better.

It was a Trigger show written by Okada, it never had a chance on Sup Forums. It was destined to be shitposted to oblivion. That being said, i really enjoyed it. I think it had some pretty emotional moments and a nice message. It's my favorite Trigger show so far.

It means that the show is pointless and every character had aspergers

But what was the message?

>The modern version of the 7 deadly sins are these shitty anime archetypes that happen to correspond with the cast of the show.
If you didn't drop it at this line you only have yourself to blame.

The OP was garbage of the most generic kind.

its better than that trash little witch academia, i actually cried on the 7th episode I think

>i actually cried on the 7th episode I think
You must be a real sap to have cried to this garbage

I never watched tbe last ep and i dont plan on doing it, but what were the final ships?

Was that when he saw his childhood friends who were fucked up and he broke down? Because i actually got a little close to crying when I watched that.

not-kamina x redhead, nori x kacchan, yuta x hinoka, not sure if the 2 hipsters got together

Wait who did chidori get with?

not-kamina

I like the main girl design, it's 10/10 for me.

Who is that? The big ass guy?

katsuhira is my favorite trigger protgonist

It's the most beautiful show trigger has ever made.

So the big ass guy? Because i forget the names and you have both guys in the pic.

I liked him. Shame the writing sucked though.

Trigger should put Hiroshi Kobayashi on their next show.

youtube.com/watch?v=rYboyROGTnw

Thanks for the link, I like that ending.

Nah. I it was just another Okada forced drama anime (where she makes love triangles out of nowhere and without any buildup whatsoever), with cool character designs.
Like in Mayoiga, Okada tries to be deep by shoehorning in psychological edge to make the viewers feel sad for her characters,
but it just fails.
>This contract that binds us together makes us share our pain together But wait OH SHIT what hurts the most is psychological/mental pain!!!!!!
>WOW people who act all happy around others can actually be sad on the inside!!!!!
Man was I glad to see both flop. I remember the unending stream of Mayoiga threads where anons would try to piece together and analyze every little thing, only to have a retarded "reveal" that the village triggers the characters.

Wasn't there like a rape scene or something?

This meme about Kiznaiver being visually incredible is blown way out of proportions.
It has above average animation and and some good storyboards, but the background designs are plain and generic and pale in comparison to LWA's and KLK's, and even the character designs themselves are far from memorable and with inexplicable choices of colors.
He did one episode of LWA and will probably work on the next Imaishi show.
Working as a series director is obviously a bad idea for him, he should stick to directing and storyboarding single episodes.

youtube.com/watch?v=mgllE3PXZnM

This one?

He directed and storyboarded episodes 5 and 18 of KLK, which were the best ones.

No. Its just an average okada style shitty melodrama.

Depends what you're looking for. The cinematography was excellent but Amemiya's episodes had better directed action and Imaishi's had superior dynamism and flow.

scum

I loved the show until the last three episodes, but the emotional Sonozaki stuff was great. I just hated the shitty forced love problems that they threw up all over us during the last quarter of the series.

It will be better if it toned down the drama.

No, but at least has the best opening of the year

People misunderstood that it would be good.

this, was listening to it as I saw the thread

soundcloud.com/romshke/boom-boom-satellites-lay-your-hands-on-me-extended

I enjoyed it, it had nice visuals but the problem with Kiznaiver are the characters maybe with some exceptions like Yuuta and Okada's selfi-insert.

Pic related.

Only good part

Nah. It was an okay show that disappointed because it could have been so much better. Just needed more episodes, or less drama to fit in the few it had.

It started with a love triangle, followed by a good side story, then the last episodes were suddenly trying to resolve a love pentagon that was barely just introduced.

What was the megane author girl's name again? She was crazy but I loved her design. Then again, I think she had the biggest tits in the show.

>Mari okada anime
>masterpiece
Pick one and only one.
Feelfags will defend this shit with their lives.

I should have dropped this on EP 1
At least Nico and the autism love couple were cute

I would say it's good.
Except for the writing.

I wouldn't call it a masterpiece but it got way too much shit because
>hurr durr Okada