Kusuriya no Hitorigoto

> Be an average girl
> Gets forced into being a concubine within a large harem.
Why is this allowed? Manga next month.

Other urls found in this thread:

arianrose.jp/
novelupdates.com/series/『shirayukihime-to-7-nin-no-koibito』to-iu-18-kin-otomege-heroin-ni-tenseishiteshimatta-ore-ga-zenryoku-de-oujitachi-kara-nigeru-hanashi/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Pretty ideal life if you ask me

You look at this and tell me if this looks comfortable to be in.

Is this Shojo or Shonen?

This is a female lead but being published in a shounen publication. It's hard to tell, but it is a mystery-drama.

Looks pretty. Does her master ever fall in love with her?

She's average. Has freckles. Not that curvy.

Maybe... though the novel describes her as average. This is the non-light novel version. Looks more average here.

>as freckles
So already confirmed to be good looking.

Captcha: Gaylord.

The cover looks nice. Wish they kept that style.

Eh, shino touko's style is still decent.

I meant the art style. But I like freckles, so I think she's cute too.

I would read this, except that harem situations make my heart hurt. I hope her master falls in love with her.

>nice shelter
>warm, beautiful clothing
>decadent food
>just has to put up with some bitching from people around her (oh no people are saying mean things it's the end of the world oh no)

Ideal NEETlyfe.

It's fucking boring.

Unless it has something to do with politics, harem just makes things rather contrived or just nonsensical in many cases. Harems suck unless it has some meaning.

She'd be just as bored as a normal woman outside of the palace.

At least she would be working. It's alot better than having to do this kind of crap.

Was artist of LN changed after third volume? Because artstyle of the covers look completely differet

Manga art announcement. LN artist is still the illustrator of OR.

しのとうこ is still the illustrator?

When's Hero Bunko finally going digital?

They pulled their stuff out of bookwalker last time I remember. Epubs gone.

Why? Being printed only at this day and age doesn't amount to anything.
Especially if they were BookWalker only since it's quite secure. No public methods of ripping.

I mean these two, vol. 1

and vol 3 art looks too different. Is same artist? This one looks similar to Hanaharu Naruko

*vol 4

I don't understand. The style here is still the same. Like here

Translation when?

Until that translator that tls lewd josei smut WNs finally gets to it or we wait until the sheeprabbit gets to it.

>lewd josei smut WNs

You have my attention. I desire names and titles.

I don't want to die in an otome game.

Thanks user!

Beats me, probably because of some disagreement.

Is there any pattern to this? Are we getting more and more series adapted?

arianrose.jp/
Holy shit. We are getting more adaptations on the rise.

A shame it's not anywhere, this looks pretty good.

It's a very common plot in historical Chinese and Japanese romances targeted at girls

Ending up in the harem of a powerful guy and having to deal with scheming and bullying from the other women until he suddenly falls for her

Sounds like ye olde stock shoujo plot.

It's good though, since it removes any ounce of narrative agency she might have. Of course she couldn't help but fall for him, shikataganai

Kinda yeah, the sort of harem tale goes back to east asian oral tradition. Chicks love stories about being swept up into the world of a powerful man (think Cinderella), being ravished by a man in a storm of passion (he made me do it, tee hee), and of course being made to submit to an authority figure (yes sir).

Ur-Shoujo stories on the other hand were much more chaste. The sweet, innocent, dutiful confucian girl would be taken from her family somehow and would brave various perils until being saved by a handsome and chivalrous youth and brought home again. Openly portraying romance was taboo. At best it was just some indirect shipteasing blushu at the boy.

>being ravished by a man in a storm of passion
But then she has to share him with other women; how unsatisfying.

That's actually a plus, in spite of what they say. As long as she gets to be top bitch of the harem.

Maybe some people enjoy that, but I see that as making the best of a bad situation. I hate harems because I always find one girl to identify/insert as, and watching her having to compete with other girls is too frustrating. The thought of the male love interest actually sleeping with them would drive me crazy. The only way to salvage it would be if he pledges love to the feMC and stops sleeping with other women, but I guess that wouldn't be very realistic.

Now I want to rewatch Kumo no You ni, Kaze no You ni.

That's the thing, you don't love him. You just indulge him once in a while to keep your position and then continue enjoying your nice relaxing NEET existence. Maybe once in a while your handmaiden will complain about other bitches badmouthing you, but does it even matter? She's currently running a comb through your hair that could feed a poor family for a year. You're free to leisurely study the arts, and even philosophy as long as you don't publicly pontificate. Every single day you wake up knowing your existence is secure in a warm, spacious, giant mansion with beautiful scenery and well-maintained gardens, eating delicious foods that you can even special order once in a while as long as you don't abuse your privileges. To top it all off, it's not like you're any less free than you would be as a dirty wageslave in a rundown shack doing whatever cheap waitressing or labor you could find, and you'd be exposed to significantly more danger there.

She has it good, really.

Why, premise itself is similar?
Wait a minute, isn't she still working?

That doesn't surprise me in the least where some poorly written harlequins are done. As long as he cares about FeMC the most, it's all good.

It may be preferable to living in poverty, but the idea of living without romance is too tragic. I turn to 2D to experience true love, not for this kind of sterile, materialist setting. I guess I just don't understand people who would willingly fantasize about such a thing.

I know harem isekai is very popular in China, but they are an extremely pragmatic people, particularly their women, so that doesn't surprise me at all.

Like these?

It feels like a large, plastic wall though. Sure badmouthing is a non problem and she has the most secure life of any other person, but it feels so artificial it hurts.

Not that she needs to reject it for """excitement""", but damn the cushy life feels less than ideal.

Passionate "true love" doesn't exist, user. The shit romance stories peddle generally lasts a few months at best; if you want a great lifelong relationship after that, you need to build what is essentially a very close friendship and partnership. And yes, things like money, matching interests etc. are crucial for it.

There's nothing tragic about not being retarded.

Life in general is less than ideal. For a woman outside of a proper courtyard mingling with the general public, a mere plastic wall begins looking really nice compared to the danger and drudgery of an ordinary existence.

That's fine, everyone reads wanting different things. I usually don't particularly care either way, but I'm starting to get so sick of the "this absolutely has to end in real mutual love" stories that I would actually kind of like to read from the perspective of a more peaceful, pragmatic person that is content with a leisurely existence.

I thought the thread was for the series itself, not a debate on the ideals of love.

I know it usually doesn't work that way in real life; I've been married for a while and I know how limerence wears off over time. But I can still find that ecstatic feeling in fiction sometimes. I don't see a reason to read romance aside from evoking that feeling, but maybe that's just my 恋愛脳 speaking.

I can accept that people read things for different reasons. I just wouldn't classify this kind of loveless story as "romance".

Why does harems like these make more sense than regular harems we see nowadays? Regular harems meaning heroines just fall in love for very little reason beyond mc being just nice or some savior?

Because regular harem (male and female) is just an excuse to get tons of cute girls/boys in one sitting for the audience to fawn over. Shoujo harem is just the infighting and internal politics. Still trashy in some areas, but unfortunately not as shameless.

Welcome to modern Sup Forums, where moral debates are part of the norm

> Shoujo harem
What about the harems that basically involve mostly political marriages and kings with concubines? Are those considered trashy?

Depending on the work, yeah, probably. If they play up how the kings and concubines interact or turn it into a soap opera of backstabbing and infighting.

But on the whole, no.

Estelion is pretty dead nowadays, I don't remember the last time he translated Second life, at least he still does Kenkyo and Jashin Average from time to time.
novelupdates.com/series/『shirayukihime-to-7-nin-no-koibito』to-iu-18-kin-otomege-heroin-ni-tenseishiteshimatta-ore-ga-zenryoku-de-oujitachi-kara-nigeru-hanashi/

Still talking, just inactive. I even heard he might scanlate this series.

I'll usually accept harems on the following:
> Kings take concubines or wives through political marriages.
> Becoming part of the harem involves infighting or "concubine wars" to have power.
> MC or person is actually charming and actually has decent interactions enough to warrant love.
If there's something lazy like mc being nice or some shit to the heroine or along the lines of being a savior white knight, then you can consider it just a contrived harem with shallow depth.

I'm happy for any free stuff, if he wants to do something he'll do it, if he doesn't he won't, I don't see the point in acting like a spoiled brat and demanding him to do things he isn't even paid for so I'll just wait.

I never complained. I just said he was considering on scanlating the manga when it comes out.

Yeah, I hope he or someone else competent picks it up at some point.

The girl looks cute as fuck in this art.

She's plain.

Then they should stop drawing her cute as fuck.

The standard of plain within the anime/manga world is either above average or cute.

I wonder if the manga artist is able to capture Shino-san's style of art.

The MC in this situatiom would be one of the plain, lowly concubine here, wouldn't it? So instead what makes it worthwhile is:
>FeMC keeps her head and tries to act logically to earn a decent place in the Center's harem
>Also has character to her
>All other concubines aren't just shrieking shrews aiming to make the FeMC's life (in particular) the worst
>Harem center is actually a worthwhile fellow, but not Marty Stu levels
>Keikakus are well thought out by at least the leading players

The newest member of the japanese young frankenstein family is pretty cute no homo.

Would it be hard for the manga artist and match the LN artist's art? Shino Touko's art is pretty good.

Due or Doai is one of the best boys.

Is it me, or are her freckles getting more or less apparent (without make-up)?

why is it not on nya

Because there's no epub/scans? Or next month?