ITT: Sequels that killed a series for you

Nise was shit

How's that senpai,
Also not that season 1 was good, but I dropped this shit real quick

Nise was a piece of shit except for Kaiki

My brain hated it but my dick loved it.
Balanced out.

Neither of the sequels hardly even changed up the formula. Are you retarded?

Third season of yuru yuri sucked.

This is the most recent one that comes to mind. Couldn't get past the first episode.

forgot pic

Nise was bad but you're really missing out if you stopped watching after that. It was just a low point.

How can one man be so great?

Bake was an intellectual piece of high kinography

Nise was just fap bait for thirsty siscons

Nise was noticeably slower and less focused than Bake. It mostly got back on track with 2nd Series.

@156421962
(You)

Clearly Monogatari's lowest point. I liked the OP songs at least.

>I liked the OP songs at least.

Monogatari as a whole has garbage OP's, only the ED's are good.

Skip worthy

Y O U W H A T

c'mon dude

ren'ai circulation is an all time classic

Bake was just fapbait for other fetishists

Kaiki and Nise 11 redeemed the whole season

without nise you wouldn't have this

nadeko got the best OPs

This absolute piece of shit. But it didn't ruin the series for me. It just tarnished its legacy and was totally unwarranted.

does this count because it ruined the entire franchise for me

Once you get done with the femdom fetish bait garbage Nise is great.

Neko was good and Nise was fine, everything after was horse shit

>femdom fetish bait
But wasn't the whole of Nise just Koyomi molesting his sisters?

There was the first couple of episodes with really gratuitous scenes where Araragi was tied up in the cram school. Other than that, it's every character taking turns at bringing their best banter. People give it shit for nothing happening, but tons happens relationship-wise and that's one of Monogatari's biggest draws. I'll trade monser-of-the-week for that any time.

Oh c'mon most of second season was great. Way better than nise. Kabuki was probably the lowest point imo. I cried like a bitch at the end of oni

Crab is way less worse with that shit in Nise than she was in Bake. Half of Bake was just Crab repeatedly kicking Ragi in the dick even after he saves her only to act sweet at the very end like that makes up for it.

S2 is the best season you fags.

>Darker_Than_Black_Season_2.png
Magical girl with random remunerations and Drunk Hei was terrible.

Nah

Nise was misunderstood, Monogatari truly is 2deep4chan

KYS.

But Nise is the best one?

Luckily, Neko Kuro followed it and completely reincarnated my love for the series as a beautiful butterfly.

Yeah, I didn't connect with it after the first arc of S2. Shame because I found the series to be really interesting when I first watched it.

I think seeing so much shows with that same Shaft style and direction made it feel less special and more quirky, almost like a gimmick.

>Hanekawa arc
>not shit

I've been reading the Vertical releases of Bake and the sexual tension between Ragiko and Kanbaru is so fucking arousing.

Hana is my favorite arc.

But Nise is the highlight of the series. Best music. Best girls. Best ecchi. Best villain. Best pointless conversations. Best RRRG.

Why do people not like Nise? Personally it made me interested in the series again because I didn't enjoy Bake that much

You forgot best OPs. Marshmallow Justice and Platinum Disco are amazing.
They're just being contrarians.

That usually means you didn't get it

Code geass

Horrible mysteries. Just awful.

>KAREN IS STUNG BY A SUPER POISONOUS SUPERNATURAL BEE, OH MY GOD!
>Oh wait she wasn't. Nevermind.
>Oh, there was an occultist huckster here too. I guess. He was cool. Maybe he'd have been cooler if he did something.

>OH MY GOD THERE'S A BOUNTY HUNTER TRYING TO KILL MY SISTER!
>OH MY GOD TSUKIHI IS ACTUALLY IMMORTAL!
>OH MY GOD MY SISTER IS ACTUALLY A... wait... no, she's still my sister. Nevermind.
>BUT THE BOUNTY HUNTERS ARE STILL... wait... no... they just fucked off... Nevermind.

It wasn't like Shaft wasn't still being avante garde hipsters, or that the soundtrack wasn't good, or that the setting isn't interesting. The problems are all solved via conversations, and while sometimes that can make for a really engaging back and forth, in this nobody really did anything or resolved anything. People just stated various facts, perhaps disagreed or reinterpreted those facts, and then the antagonists for that arc left.

It's really a poor follow up to the first season's arcs, which had a weight parasite being banished, a sort of Twilight Zone style arc about trying to break a getting lost curse and finding out one of the people affected by it isn't what they appear to be, dealing with a monkey's paw 'serial killer', and being asked to help break a sort of school urban legend curse and find out it's worse than it appears.

Varied problems and each had solutions where people had to take actions or learn new information and react to it.

Frankly I don't think anyone at all really gave a damn if Tsukihi was a phoenix. I certainly didn't give a damn when I found out. It was, as I was watching it, no different than how in the Simpsons Principal Skinner turns out to be a fake and then everyone agrees to not discuss it ever again because it doesn't really matter and everyone is happy with the current circumstances. Only being a Phoenix all along didn't change anything one iota.

>watching Monogatari for the action

I was just about to say this

I didn't say 'action' as if I want a damn fight scene, I said the mysteries were terrible and characters didn't do anything of note.

Problems that resolve themselves are not interesting to watch. I certainly don't remember any action in Snail's arc from season 1 when it came to solving the mystery.

What works for a LN does not make for a good anime season. If there had been an arc with more substance alongside Bee and Pheonix, then it'd have probably have been much better.

Really it was just a lot of foreplay for what came next, and I wasn't really interested in what came next after being bored for 11 straight weeks.

Nise wasn't as good as Bake but I still liked it. It was 2nd Season onward that really shit the bed.

nise was better than bake in both writing and execution
y'all're faggots

Honestly I didn't like any of the monogatari series after bake, other than the last arc in second season.
I haven't seen the movies yet, or spooky boogie's series or whatever the fuck she's called.

The mysteries were terrible in Bake too. "Oh, you lost your weight because it's a homophone to emotions in Japanese" is not compelling either. The plot very blatantly takes a back seat to character interaction and growth. I think you should have realized that sometime around when Shinobu time travelled so she could face her past self.

bakemonogatari was already Twilight tier though.

Psycho-pass 2

Technically not a sequel but deathnote continuation after Ls death fucked it up

Neither is really about the mysteries

Honestly drunk Hei could have been a fun concept if they did it right. Instead they added in a bunch of shit that didn't need to be there and screwed it over.

I never thought I'd get to post this about Monoogatari.

THIS!

What do you mean by that, i love all of the ops except kanbaru's

Single handedly saved the show

god motherfucking kanbaru i swear to GOD never before has my dick been so erect

SnQ deserved better S2.

The only thing nise did better than bake was Karen. Best girl. Too bad they completely dropped her afterwards.

It' s one of the few series you can post this and actually be right

It never existed. They canceled it before they start, remember that?

SEED Destiny.

GunGrave s2

Yes, yes it counts.
Not only did it make the entire event of the 2nd game pointless, but it also managed to destroy a pretty cool villain.
Each time someone talks about this show, it makes my tension rise, so many missed opportunity, so many possibilities thrown away for "muh mindhack".

Nise was shit because it focused too much on Karen. If only Tsukihi had more screentime

P.S : at least, the threads on Sup Forums were a lot of fun.

Patrician opinion.

>mind hacc ruining a mystery VN series
Where have I seen this before?

Bones is the master of shitty sequels.