How excited is Sup Forums for this?

how excited is Sup Forums for this?

i can't wait to watch the action-packed adventures of Light Turner and his sly, African-american adversary L

I didn't really care for Deathnote so I'm certainly not going to watch what will probably be a terrible adaptation.

Shouldn't Light be good looking?

nah they're going with the "school shooter" look for Light in this version

looks like they are changing the characters quite a bit
I don't expect it to be great but I wanna see it anyway

If they're keeping it short it might actually be better.

it's just 1 movie
imo it would be better as a mini-series

They're actually adapting the parts of Death Note that weren't terrible if they only need to fill 2-ish hours.
I'm not expecting anything amazing but I figure it'll be enjoyable.

Just like with GitS, I'm curious, but I won't be forking over my money in support of adaptions.

this gets no money, it exists to be ridiculed just like you user kun

Why does he sit like that?

Maybe his butt hurts.

Doesn't look anywhere near as bad as people are saying. Looking forward to it, honestly.

>looking forward to anything from Netflix

>L literally has fucking shoes in that image
It looks fucking awful.

Netflix has barely any creative input in their stuff. They just fund shit that will make money.

Why do westerners always try to shoehorn niggers in everything?

>Nigger is the smartest man in the universe

Blatant propaganda

It was tough to make something more cringey than the original anime series, but boy, from the previews, I'd say they really outdid themselves and cranked that cringe up to 11.

Netflix wants propaganda. Expect lots of Black Live Matter and white privilege crap.

well the original could trim some fat for sure but I don't see how they can pull it all together in 1 movie
I guess we'll find out in august or whenever it releases

The movie will be worth it if they do the potato chip scene.

What's the point of watching a train wreck if there are no corpses ?

No matter how you cut up Death Note, there isn't a satisfying conclusion unless they just make up one.

Once you get past Naomi, there's just not much of quality left.

[citation needed]

>Dear White People
>Bill Nye Saves the World

It'll suck, so I don't really care.

That said, I hope the guy they chose for L is pretty good because if not, I'll be upset that they didn't cast the Mr. Robot guy. I only saw like 45 seconds of an episode once and the only thing I was thinking about was how he would make a good L.

your either old or live in the middle of America

>t. nigger

They should have made a slav act as L.

Go home Sup Forums you're drunk. I don't even know what you're talking about though.

>"I hope the guy they chose for L is pretty good"
>Literally a random negro chosen for diversity

Keep Sup Forums in Sup Forums you fucking faggot

I'm only going to watch it out of curiosity.
I have a netflix subscription, but I'm going to pirate it anyway just so I don't raise the netflix view count, thus giving them any money for what is probably trash.

I don't know, I've never even heard of the guy. If I were putting on a stage performance of Death Note, I'd pretty much just hire someone for L on the basis of whether they could creep me out. It's something that I doubt even all good actors would be able to do.

If that person is black, that's fine. You're probably right about the diversity casting though.

>Saying Nip, Jap, gook, Chink is acceptable
>Saying nigger isn't

Why nigger posters such hypocrites?

>Literally a random negro
he's actually pretty good in Atlanta
>chosen for diversity
probably

>i can't wait to watch the action-packed adventures of Light Turner and his sly, African-american adversary L

Nice try, tumblr.

>Original character is Pale for a good reason
>Actor was "Probably" chosen for diversity
>"Probably"

It's blatantly obvious that he was picked because of "MUH representation". Go away shitposter.

at least get someone who can squat properly with heels on the floor.

The original character is supposed to be disturbing and off-putting to look at, so maybe they're pandering to the racists by just casting a regular black dude.

Looking at the trailer, they show horned a good amount of action into it and not the good suspenseful stuff we got in the manga.

>L
>shoes
Really, nigger?

It's true that the series stops being 10/10 after Naomi's death but it's a solid 9 up until L bites it. Then it falls quickly to a 6 or 7

L's race doesn't really matter to me. As long as he acts weird and autistic and offputting, he'll work.

>casting a nigger as L
I don't care if you're racist or what, you CANNOT deny this is some dumb shit. It's impossible.

Eh, I'd go:
10: Beginning until Naomi's death
9: until Misa's appearance
7: until L's death
4: until end

Even worse, the nigger won't play an autistic L at all and try's to be cool and shit.

>Netflix wants propaganda.
As points out, they just fund what they think will make money. That means they're probably not going to be putting their name on stuff likely to offend a lot of people, and if you're from Sup Forums then inoffensive = blue-pilled liberal trash.

In other words,

looks pretty gay from the get go

if it's gonna be gay anyway hopefully they include the footrub scene

rather hope they all die from a stroke. that picture alone gave me aids

That's one ugly fucking Light.

I have higher expectations for this on than GitS, both because it looks like they might actually be puting competent people on the project this time, and because I think the source material could benifit a lot from pairing it down anyways. How good it is will all depend on how well they're able to develope Light's character as a bored sociopath with a god complex rationalizing his actions to suit his own selfishness. Hopefully they won't go this route

You just cant make this shit up.

He actually played a pretty autistic character in Atlanta.

The way he is sitting is triggering me.

You can practically feel how tense his muscles are in the ass area, like he is afraid not to sit on flaming hot dick or something.

L has entirety of foot fucking down, full slav. Even I can do that shit and I have pretty fat thighs.

I am platinum mad that Light is ugly. I don't care about L's race (at least black people can be charismatic) but Light being an ugly beta nerd is an affront.

>tldr greentext longer than the post he was quoting
I'm glad this post was deleted.

we wuz detectives and shiet

>157 vs 71 characters
>longer
What did he mean by this?

>Saying Nip, Jap
>acceptable
sage for off-topic

Alright, almost as long. A third of that post had nothing to do with what the deleted post was referring to. Doesn't mean your epic meme cuck we wuz post was any funnier than not.

>first post with the 37th IP
>your post
What did he mean by THIS?

you're not the only phoneposter on Sup Forums you silly billy