What the hell happened?

Pic related, did the author just die?
Also post Natsuos

Other urls found in this thread:

deadscanlations.tumblr.com/post/159129079784/afternoon-four-seasons-anthologies
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I think they did die though

Author was dying I think.

He was dying long time ago too. Is he still alive or fixed up?

What was the disease?

He supposedly had cancer and was going to resume if/when he got better, but I can't remember seeing an actual source for that and don't see one after a few quick Googles.

I hope her brother accepts her eventually.

Do they fug?

He did apparently did something for the Parasyte anthology in 2014, dunno if it was an older work. But no series after Teppuu.

>not translated

What with these onehit authors?

yeah and she tops

Isn't this Teppu? I thought it did end, it just had a bit of a rushed ending

>get into mma
>find Teppu and All Arounder-Megaru
>both are going full steam
>get my legs broken in a car accident
>they both go on haitus
>i get back to training
>both come back
>so happy I don't know what to do
>Teppu ends with no hopes of a sequel or new manga from the author because they are dying
>All-Arounder on hiatus again

it hurts Sup Forums

Meguru's been over for a long while, TLs are just super slow

incidentally, I don't recognise the chapter or scene the OP's image is from.
It's not after she fights Sanae, is it?

Probably because they don't want to handle the workload that is required.

KSKM is worth checking out.

Karate Shoukoushi Kohinata Minoru?

Not that user but
That isnt about cute girls,right?

His chapter was first published either in the February or April issue of good! Afternoon in 2016.

>onehit
I don't know if Teppu was popular, but have heard that it was one time so. Two of his one-shots won an award each, one which won the Grand Prize for Fall 2007 (pic related). There are raws for both the one-shots here:
deadscanlations.tumblr.com/post/159129079784/afternoon-four-seasons-anthologies

>It's not after she fights Sanae, is it?
It is.

Not really, the only cute girl is the main girl.

The other award-winning oneshot is the one at the top right in this pic.

You tell me.

No it isn't.

I loved the fucking ride but i just had to see the ending, it's everything (okay, most of the things, one particular thing) that is wrong with the manga industry. Now it pains me to see anything related to it.

oh.
thanks
i read it but thanks user for the recc

Did he really get cancer? I can't find a single piece of information about that or much of anything.

He did. It's in the extra pages in the tankobon release.

It's all speculations. All that's known is that author was indeed ill for a period of time, hence the hiatus.

>What was the disease?
a cold

Can anyone post it? Do you mean the part that she dreamed of?

This part is real. He did answer.

This is the one that might not.

And that is in response to an earlier part/ in the middle of the match.
1/2

2/2
which shows him turning up, so his latter reply affirming it to her implies some form of reconciliation.

Unless you're going for the "delusion/hallucination from being put in a choke-hold" angle.

Also, I've made a mistake, those were already in the magazine releases. The tankobon extras I was thinking off were from vol 7, not vol 8.

Anyway in vol 7, you do specifically see the brother attending the match.

Oh and here's from the extra chapter in vol 7 which further shows her giving him the ticket.

1/2

2/2

They had cancer

There needs to be more manga about fit chicks doing fit things.

This one's being worked on.

What was the point was of Natsuo's story?

I'm pretty sure it's a dream, look at the clothes he wears when Natsuo cries (2 page spread) and compare them to when he walks out. I could understand why he'd change his shirt but not the pants.
Then also look at the position of the backpack while they're watching the movie and when she's asleep, she'd have to have put on her jacket assuming it wasn't a dream (as she hasn't it on while they're watching). She also mentions a dream during her lunch with Kei, one which she felt was embarrassing.
Their relationship healing up and becoming a happy and good one is what Natsuo wants deep down, but has a hard time admitting and which makes her embarrassed to think about it, she's being true to her emotions in her dream. Therefore, her having a dream about such a thing would make sense. Also, there's milk and pocky (I think that's what it is) on the table while they're watching the movie, that scene is almost a perfect experience for Natsuo.

The file you uploaded is from AB isn't it? The raws on nyaa are slightly worse than that (pic for comparison).

That's exciting to hear. I won't expect anything but either way I'd really like to read everything by Moare Ohta.

I've given the point Teppu tries to makes some thought before and I'd say it's the importance of empathy (and kindness). There's even a page in the 2nd chapter foreshadowing it.
The point of specifically Natsuo's story however, while I haven't given it too much thought yet and which is why I can't say there's a main point, some points I'd say includes forgiveness (including forgiving yourself, which happens to be a reason as to why I find Natsuo and Reki to be similar), acceptance (in society in general, specifically Japan and also being able to accept yourself), empathy and honesty (in one's actions and to oneself).

Here's the page from chapter two.

Here's some Natsuo.

To expose the world to ringi's greatness and forever deny us her having a proper fight

People like to think of Natsuo as arrogant, even though she says she herself can't take on Ringi.

Did she raped her brother yet?

Depends on whether or not he stopped being an idiot towards her or not in the end.

What was his problem anyway?

Surely isnt simple jealosy

Still the best scene.

He had an inferiority complex, wanted to become gar but Natsuo (inadvertently) and the rest of the reality he faced (pressure from society, his own expectations and goals) crushed him, which lead to him secluding himself. His passion still managed to live on though and is what Natsuo was jealous of as a child.
Natsuo was able to finally find a passion of her own in the end, a good happy ending.

How long have you been training MMA?
What do you do?

Next chapter.

>a good happy ending
But Teppu ended, that doesn't make me happy at all.

>see a thread full of pics of your waifu
>be reminded that her series is over and you'll never get more
me right now

>tfw we'll never see Ringi again
This one hurts the most.

Turkish wrestling

Teppu has a lot of references. Cameron Diaz alone has worn t-shirts with The Strokes, Mars Volta, The Hives and PM5K (and I think there was a band or two more) on them.
There's also references to Evangelion, Dragonball, One Piece, SnK, Wolverine, McGuyver, Wesley Snipes and of course stuff from the MMA scene (tournaments, people, moves that have been used) as well as many famous actors (one being Cameron Diaz, but also Jason Statham, Van Damme, Segal and more).
There are also some things which most likely are references, but too bad for me that I don't know what they are to. I'll post some in case anyone wants to help out.