Mousou Telepathy

Croissant is brutal.

But still best.

are they back to one page per day?

That's hurt as fuck.

I don't want Aya-chan to get together with mister "lemme just carry you off to god knows where without asking oh look we're at a karaoke place now would you look at that, also i'm tall as fuck" Just set her down by the side on a bench or something jesus, talk about forcing yourself on someone.

You're right, Aya-chan is such a dumb cunt that even that innocent kid is too good for her.

Seems like it. It's been that way the past two days.

My sadness is infinite.

Given that she can read his thoughts, I'd say Shimizu is not only pure but stupid enough to think that was a reasonable course of action.

The benefit of a mind-reading protagonist is that you can pretty much immediately tell if a character's a good guy or not.

Manlets deserve to lose

Thing is, he litteraly did that so he could be alone with her, she knows he has ulterior motives. Meanwhile mister poker-face immediatly stopped thinking about anything relating to wanting to do stuff with her the moment she dropped, lewd or otherwise, showing only concern for his friend.

I really like Toda and Mana. I want Mana to win, but I also want Toda to win. It's a nasty paradox.
Aya, despite being MC is worst girl.
More Akira and his GF when?

Despite his failings, I like Shimizu. But I also like Toda and Mana. They're good kids, I want them all to win.

Agree on Akira and his GF most of all. Akira's a great bro character.

>He litteraly did that so he could be alone with her, she knows he has ulterior motives
user so powerful, he can read the thought Ayako didn't.

Don't worry, she turns him down after she realizes how serious he really was about wanting to go out with her. The bigger problem right now is that Aya and Mana are having a falling out, this time more extreme than the last time.

Poor Ayako doesn't deserve this.

>plan to split up so both he and Mana-chan can be alone with their repsective crushes
>seizes the moment she's weak and disoriented to get away from the rest
>thinks to himself when they're alone "well i got to be alone with her, not how i expected it'd go but hey"
>she can hear this
I didn't read any thoughts Ayako couldn't

What is happening here?

Mana is actually the best character in this manga. And i don't mean that she's my favorite (even though she is), she is just the most complex character. She's great.

Explain her to me, for I am stupid.

She lost her croissants, bad things happened.

She's just strangely realistic. She's strong willed but is afraid to get hurt, a bit mean but deep down she really cares for her friends. She tends to hold back on saying what she really thinks because she can be abrasive but that's what makes her relationship with Aya so good since she can't hide anything from her. Maybe i'm biased because of my life experiences but i feel like there are a lot of girls like her in real life. In fact, i'd say that the weakest point of this manga is that she's way more developed as a character than anyone else, the other characters are just very one dimensional compared to her.

She doesn't have any competition, the other characters are pretty flat.

She's using the mind reading to shittalk Ayako after getting annoyed with her not dong anything to directly solve her problems or speak out when Hayato misunderstood that she was going out with Shimizu, and how Ayako often complains that she doesn't want her powers despite using it anyways. The most savege part was
>Sorry? Did it hurt? But that's what I really think
after ranting in her head how annoying Ayako was being. Then there's another attack about how despite thinking that there's still work to be done for the school festival, she won't say anything because everyone wants to go have fun when Mana is invited by her group to go out for karaoke.

Basically, she's really pissed off.

>the other characters are pretty flat.

Ironic, really.

Honestly Aya deserves it for being the most half-assed person in existance

Pretty much, yeah. Ayako is easily the most insufferable character in the manga.

Aya is the writers self-insert, I'm not really suprised here.

It's funny, whenever she's talking with Aya and makes those goofy faces, she's always thinking something very specific, so it's weird to see her interact with someone without Aya's perspective on her thoughts. It's an interesting crutch to have been leaning on narratively.

I don;t think she's half-assed, but think she's just become extremely indissive because of her ability. but that aside, from what we can see higher up in the thread, Mana is giving her shit for it as well. She's not a shit person the author is pretending is amazing, she imperfect, makes mistakes and has to grow, and the manga calls her out for it as well.

>I understand that everyone has things they want or will not ever give up on.
>But it's easier if I just don't have things like that.
Aya is frustratingly non-committal and I'm sure Mana is giving her shit for it because she's such a strong personality.

How many chapters behind are translations?

Ayako kinda deserves and needs it, but it still must hurt a lot hearing that from somebody she revealed her powers to, honestly.
Then again, it kinda depends on execution and how nasty Mana is being.

Though honestly, I sympathise with Ayako a lot more than many anons in these threads.
I think her powers did shape a large part of her apathetic approach to life. It's easy enough being apathetic even without having to constantly think about what you "should" know, and either having to play a giant game of pretend with the world, where every second playing makes you a bit more emotionally dead, or reveal important information you know, and risk huge problems for yourself.
It's just impossible to know helpful information and not use it without distancing yourself emotionally from the problem in question. If you don't do everything you can to solve a problem, you don't really care about it much. And the situation where you can't try your best at an important task naturally causes your mind to stop caring about it, since you can't actually suggest any of the solutions you would have, since they hinge on information you shouldn't know.
Add to that the fact she literally can't stay in crowds for long, the fact that everybody she talks to she has to constantly make little lies of omission to, the fact that it's probably just annoying listening to people's private thoughts constantly since we don't police them as well as our words, no matter how shit at social interactions you are, and turning apathetic and reserved seems like the natural outcome.
And the fact that she cares entirely too much about what the other people are thinking is just a personal quirk, but one that would probably arise if you didn't stop caring about people's thoughts altogether.
It's part of why I like this manga. The way it deals with telepathy is surprisingly realistic. I think Ayako's character is an extension of that, so that's why I actually kinda enjoy her at times.

That's what i like about it as well. I've only ever read a few threads on Sup Forums about this series but they all seem to shit on Ayako to an extreme degree. She's just portrayed as a realistic telepath, one who wants to help people out but has to balance how much she can help with how much she should and shouldn't know about a person. And this has caused her to grow very apathetic.

And as has been pointed out, she's not perfect, and I think Mana shit-talking her is an attempt to get her to become less passive, like a wake-up call.

It does feel like Mana is doing it on purpose, while she is shit-talking her with a smile on her face it feels like she's also taunting her with the words she's using. She certainly wants to get some reaction out of Ayako other than the usual one where she lets herself be pushed around. I feel like it's going to backfire at some point though, especially because Toda has already noticed how tired Ayako is looking from working on the haunted house.

Yo I didn't sign up for real life drama. This was supposed to be for when Tomo-chan is on break.

I believe in croissant. She is doing it for Aya's benefit. She is a good girl.

Let's be real
You have not been properly close unless you have fought with your friends

While that is true the problem is Ayako isn't fighting back, which is only going to annoy Mana more.

She suffers from being a "self-insert" character
She would have more spine if she was not pathetic just so audience as insert has her easier

Truth, iv'e had "friends" who stopped hanging out wit me just because we had a fight, and i've even had "friends" who stopped hanging out with me because they had a fight with a different fried and i wouldn't side with them... because i said it was between them and i wasn't interested. True friends stick with you even after you've had a disagreemend.
/blogpost

Why only one page translated yesterday and today? Did they catch up?

No, they said on batoto that real life caught up to them before they caught up with the manga. However now they're only 66 pages behind. When they can they'll do 2 pages but the normal schedule is back to 1 page per day.

>Sup Forums hates beta male protags
>beta male protag gets told off for being a beta male protag
>feels.jpg

You suckers really crack me up.

Probably because it's exam season.

Nah, that's bullshit. I have a ride and die friend since High School. We've never had huge fights, not even anything past "nah dude, that animu you like is garbage".

Life isn't an anime where you can beat the shit out of each other and then skip your way to the hospital hand in hand.

I did not speak about violence idiot
Having arguments with your friends atleast once is natural

That guy is such a fucking loser. I hope he gets left in the dust.

How can one girl be so perfect?

If it ever gets animated I need her with Nonon's voice.

same.
but i dont really like the other guy either.
i like the other other guy with cute college gf

Of course he's a loser who is mentally and emotionally weak. That's why he fits perfectly with a shitty, pathetic girl like Ayako. They're meant for each other because they're so awful.

>a fucking 4koma has better character development than most romance manga
Oh my days, what are you doing, Croissant

Her arc is the only real completed one. I think she and Akira has a leg up on the other characters because they're first and foremost "friend" characters. In any other romcom that wold mean they're flat and foils for the leads, but here since their romantic feelings take up a lot of screentime, Mana and Akira come off the better for it since they focus on other things.

The feels are for Mana realizing her crush ain't shit

The beta protag is Ayako in this case. Toda's just the male lead.

And the sympathy is focused more on Mana than anything else. Her first love just ended, and she's finally come to terms with that fact.