Why can't normalfags into mecha?

Why can't normalfags into mecha?

To me, it's the extremely generic mecha designs, half of the time I can't even tell them apart. Post some good designs that would actually convince me otherwise.

Thanks for the recommendations.

Because to them mecha mostly just means Gundam and it's hard to get into it because of the amount of titles.
I'd change 8th MS to Escaflowne on that list.

because gundam loses it novelty when you aren't a lil dicked kid.

Gundam Wing was one of the most normalfag anime ever in the 90s

But for some reason, the new generations of western anime """"""fans""""""" hate mecha

You just described every shonen ever, yet those are still popular with normalfags

the last good mecha

The only non shit mecha on that list is EVA. If CGL is supposed to be mecha then so is fucking guilty crown. TTGL is really borderline as well. They can't get into it because it's giant robots which to them is more childish than super powers. Doesn't help that the biggest mecha franchise in form of gundam keeps recycling ideas. Unicorn and Zeta are basically the best two and they borrow so much shit from eachother. Stuff like Fafner simply is too obscure for the average viewer and most other shows are generic or simply shit, se Valvrave, Majestic Prince or Break Blade.

Sure

>I'm a pathetic faggot but in a mecha I'm boss

>implying there are any good Mechas

>Unicorn and Zeta are basically the best two
Both are garbage.

'Cause they are BETA

What is it about MS 08th that sets it apart of other Gundams?
I know some who trash Gundams but love the 08th

Good Pokemon design.

Dumb romance that appeals to teenagers. The show is really stupid in hindsight.

Fuck off Pablo

Is that meant to read
>"I don't like mecha but... when there's an actually good mecha show that holds up beyond just goofy looking robots fighting, I can enjoy it."
Because that's what that image conveys.

The bottom row doesn't fit that statement at all. And like I said earlier, CGL isn't a fucking mecha. Just because there are some robots doesn't suddenly make it mecha.

Done, I don't want to kill my connection

Actually I'll redo the last

They are full of retards that's why

Vilkiss is one helluva a design

For me, the problem is that they are always Deus ex Machina; Titans. Whereas they should be glorified tanks. Shows that are good and have mechas are good despite the fact that they have mechas. Big O, for example. It would have been better if it focused on the gadgets and negotiating. Of course, as their role as programs gave credibility to the cliche, but it could have been done otherwise.

Because they associate it with kiddy stuff from the 90s. Power rangers, transformers, that kind of thing.
Mecha being mostly boring political stuff certainly doesn't help.

I consider myself pretty normalfag on things related to anime (I have watched 150 series at most) and I only watched Mobile Suit Gundam Thunderbolt and Cross Ange as mecha.

Why do you keep making the same thread?

I love mecha tropes, but /m/ is a cancerous shithole with their elitism that doesn't even make sense in most cases.

Because most mecha is perceived as childish by normalfags

Why can't /m/ autists stay on their Gundam containment board where they endlessly argue about which one of is the shittiest

You literally posted some of the most normalfag mech there is. Nice try newfag. Lurk for ten thousand years before posting.

/m/ is the only place on the internet that gives a shit about A/Z

1. Because people think they're smart by saying "Mecha shows are just toy commercials" while guzzling down their manga/LN/CD/BR/Idol/Seiyuu commercials

2. Realismfags think they're smart for pointing out how unrealistic they are when the greatest myths and epics are about as realistic as a mecha show

3. Womenfags do not understand the beauty and connection a man can have to fortress of steel and poisoned the genre with the need for cute boys to relate to

because mechas an extremely old and bland genre, and each company doesnt really understand how to make it interesting aside from wannabe heavy politics or really in-depth psychological shit
but also because no one new to anime wants to join in something like gundam, and eva/cg become bored subjects for normies

Just two days ago I saw this design Kaneko did for Zone of the Enders that's basically a SMT demon, and now I find out there's a cool Vic Viper too. I should really play those games.

What's the bottom middle? I think I watched it ages ago but I can't remember anything about it.

Great designs stuck in mediocre shows.

Well I can't into mecha because mecha just doesn't make sense to me.
The human body is not the most combat worthy design in nature. I can't see a humanoid mecha outdoing a tank, jet, or even something like an AT-ST so long as they're using the same technologies.
Really the only believably useful mechs I've seen are in Metal Gear (All terrain nuclear launch vehicle), Evangelion (It's more of a giant cyborg that could be piloted rather than a mech), TTGL (it had the ability to combine with other machines), or anything with human sized exosuits (since it allows you to use/scavenge weapons and tools already made for humans).

Maybe it'd be more believable if they just used the humanoid mechs for rescue/retrieval, but for combat humanoid mechs are generally sub-par.

boku no lurk more

Because it's stupid. They are plastic toys for kids.

this is why I hate Sup Forums.

Inhert was actually designed by the SMT guy if I remember right. I know at the very least that it was the only mech in ZoE that was designed by another guy who wasn't the main designer.

FMP is the only one with well done mechas that actually make sense. CG also kind of counts until they started flying.

>not being spoonfed
>you're all faggots i hate you
Welp if you're too stupid to know what google is you don't get to know certain things.

Because you want to be spoon fed like a little shit. Much less on an anime with a character that's been on the Sup Forums banner since like 2004? Also, it's possible to find the source without asking us just from that image. We don't spoonfeed sourcefags because it actually does make the board worse

Why the fuck do you watch anime if you can't suspend your disbelief? Do you exclusively watch slice of life or something?

I don't know but they feel pretty gay to me.
I just hate how the mechas look, move and fight.

Is this what being triggered feels like

I can suspend disbelief to an exent.
But I watch mecha with more of a science fiction mindset than an anime mindset, and as a fan of science fiction, lazy writing and lack of research annoys me.
The technology can be unbelievably advanced, but it must be believably useful or superior.

Even if someone were to watch it with a sci-fi mindset most sci-fi stuff is rule of cool first realism second.

And it's not like every series doesn't have its own little explanation for why mechs are a thing.

Isn't that the whole power fantasy aspect of it?
You're a whiny, useless piece of shit but once you're in the giant robotic weapon you can actually do stuff.

I've yet to see a single good argument. People only ever parrot these:
>muh realism
Autism. You might as well not even watch anime.
>boring/too much politics/not varied enough
Not an argument. It's one way to prove that you haven't actually seen anything.
>hurr toy commercial
Not an argument. Most anime in any given season are a commercial or advertisement for something (LN, VN, manga, video game, seiyuu idolshit vehicles).

Basically, it's just uninformed idiots being uninformed, which is the majority of current anime consumers.

Because their exposure to mecha media likely amounts to Transformers and little else which makes them see it as dumb shit for kids.
All giant robots are Transformers etc etc.

I'm surprised Gunbuster isn't on there.

I don't mind mecha, but I can't enjoy mecha for mecha sake, I just don't really see the appeal much.

Mecha fights are generally just either the same kind of fights you get in a fantasy tactical battle shounen like Naruto, but with technology instead of magic, or they're the kind of fights you get with a "genius strategist" anime like Tenkyou no Alderamin.
And I haven't found many mechs whose design I like, so it's just like watching generic anime fights with terribly designed characters.

This.
Most mech anime would be better without mechs.

>Mecha fights are generally just either the same kind of fights you get in a fantasy tactical battle shounen like Naruto
Not true.
>or they're the kind of fights you get with a "genius strategist" anime like Tenkyou no Alderamin.
This isn't a bad thing.
>And I haven't found many mechs whose design I like
Hard to believe unless you haven't seen more than two shows.
>so it's just like watching generic anime fights with terribly designed characters.
Not an argument. And terribly designed characters isn't really specific to mecha shows. I can't think of anything that egregiously stands out besides Betterman which has some baffling character design choices.

Personal opinions and sweeping generalizations don't mean much. Like I said, uninformed idiots being uninformed. Feel free to grace me with a (You) desperately trying to prove me wrong.

You're the only desperate one here.
>literally in a thread about personal opinions
>people start posting personal opinions
>counter personal opinions with nothing more than personal opinions and baseless statements like "Not true" or "Not an argument"
>states that personal opinions have no place here
Either a half-assed troll deserving of no more than a single (You) or you're actually retarded.

Concession accepted.

I just want to laugh at you because you lost to an autist who thinks he's cool by denying (you)'s

I suppose most mecha fans are generally aroused by military-type stuff (am I wrong?) and I don't like that at all.

Incorrect. I just like giant robots with a good story that I can believe. It doesn't have to be military themed at all.

Ok, cool. I still don't know hoe to get into mecha tho, it's a bit scary just seeing how many Gundam series there are, and pretty much everyone seems to be talking about this only (asides hits like OP's pic)

what's middle bottom?

If it weren't for the giant dicks on the mechas, ZotE mechs would be god-tier. As it stands, they're only amazing.

You are not "most mecha fans". You are just one of the many types of mecha fans that exist.

Is this.. is this what i think ?

>If it weren't for the giant dicks on the mechas, ZotE mechs would be god-tier.

I'm sorry, I recognize this is a sentence, but it's not actually saying anything that I can make sense of.

Someone help me out here: I gather that it's about ZotE mechs being god-tier and that's all I can make out.

Too much violation by cannon shells and plasma for normalfags.
Also should have replaced Aldnoah Zero with Fafner.

You mean there are people who don't like certain types of anime and only stick to one area of it? Why can't you just keep an open mind about things and delve into a bit of everything like me?

>With Fafner

user, that's not true. Getting non-mecha fans to watch Fafner is like getting people to pull teeth. Hell, I only ever watched it because I bought SRWK for King Gainer, GunXSword, Godannar and Zoids and only after playing through the game and seeing that "Hey this seemed kind of neat, might as well watch it" did I do.

>Fafner
Fafner was fucking garbage.

I can't into google-image for some reason, but searching for Sup Forums's mecha recommendations worked

Exactly, it fits with everything on that list.

Welp, atleast you found it. The names been said earlier in the thread aswell

Reminder if you liked
Cross Ange
Gundam Thunderbolts
Gundam IBO
Valvrave
Gargantia
Anything in OPs image

You have no room to talk

What's wrong with Cross Ange?

Well showing my juniors Right of left did the trick for me but then again they grew up watching Gundam Seed on tv otherwise most wouldn't get pass Hiraiface and early 2000 animation.

So I just watched the first season of this so so ass anime and I just have to say, HOLY SHIT. Inaho has to be the most BLAND, personalty less protagonist I have ever seen.

This is not hyperbole, this motherfucker has almost no fucking definable personality traits save for his lack there of. He is soooo fucking bland.

I know some people like to give protagonist like ichigo shit for being kind of bland and one dimensional, but shit, even he tops this boring mother fucker.

He was so monotone and just nonchalant throughout the whole series that I was convinced it was a plot point. But I was wrong, he is literally that borderline autistically indifferent to emotion.

not that other user, but
>Not true.
okay, sources on that they aren't? literally any fucking mecha show i've watched has been generic shonen fight 2.0 with robots-- esp popular titles like eva
>This isn't a bad thing.
it isn't, but it's extremely overplayed in the mecha genre which makes most mecha shows fucking boring
>Hard to believe unless you haven't seen more than two shows.
in general mecha shows don't have top tier design, or like schwarzmarken they're just plain mechas. it's not hard to understand someone can dislike how mecha anime looks, get off your high horse
>Not an argument. And terribly designed characters isn't specific to mecha shows.
you also really don't have an argument here, you've assumed that someones watched 2 mecha shows and thats why they don't like mech
>Personal opinions and sweeping generalizations don't mean much. Like I said, uninformed idiots being uninformed.
so then you argue against someone with personal opinion?
what the fuck?

i don't like mecha but i like So Ra No Wo To...

Big O was laughably bad, with or without the mechas

Are Aldnoah and FMP really that popular with normalfags? The rest of that image makes perfect sense, but is there really nothing else to put there?

They killed his character, even the butcher was surprised at how much they changed his design.

Do not bully autism-kun

>tactical battle
>nardo

>?!
Did he actually have a personality in the manga? Is it one of those sad cases?
Poor bastard.

Not him, but if you really prefer hard sci-fi it's distracting.

Talking shit about FMP and 8th MS Team? God you are literally the worst kind of shit. CG and some of the others could be argued as not a mecha series since the mechs aren't a big focus, but you can fuck off otherwise.

I want more fighter jet mecha shows. Other than Macross or Area 88.

Can't believe people like TTGL. It's such a blatant Getter Robo clone

Full Metal Panic. next season never.

Sup Forums is the elitist board though

>muh realism
Why are you on Sup Forums?