Pre-2000 anime thread. What are you watching, Sup Forums?

Pre-2000 anime thread. What are you watching, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

animebytes.tv/better.php?page=1&action=iso
bakabt.me/torrent/345572/ai-shite-knight-aishite-knight-ai-shite-night-rock-n-roll-kids-kofukusub-chk
youtube.com/watch?v=re8d36wQy9w
youtu.be/WEWUlNFc1WE
a.pomf.cat/fuoczz.webm
youtube.com/channel/UC-Qsijj1sNJEpvcOXW1d3sw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Some based dude started subbing the OG Chibi Maruko-chan, including Yuasa's movie. Also watching Ashita no Joe 2, bummer that they repeated the fasting thing again, hope the next story arc is better.

watched hunter x hunter 1999 recently. do t know if that really counts as pre-2000 seeing as most of it was made in the 2000s. but it was fairly enjoyable anyways. probably gonna start outlaw star soon.

I was watching Turn A Gundam, but only had the first 25 episodes downloaded, and my SD card broke so don't have space to download the rest (I watch anime on my phone), so been stuck at episode 25 for a while. Considering streaming the rest, just so I can keep watching, because I was really enjoying it. Too bad I'll only be able to watch at home if I stream, can't watch during my commute.
I think the visuals are great, but the main robot may have a bit too much detail, it looks awkward. Interesting plot and world, and a good mix of many different things like comedy, tension and relaxing.

>Chibi Maruko-chan

Didn't know about that, cool.

Also, Animebytes' "ISO-only" better.php section has a lot of older shows that probably aren't subbed. If anyone wants to make encodes of those, that'd be cool. I don't think raws exist anywhere else that's readily available to be subbed.

animebytes.tv/better.php?page=1&action=iso

>I watch anime on my phone
>streaming the rest

Good lord.

Such is life on Trump's America.

I still have not watched or read AnJ.

I wish I could just recommend you watch the 1980 version, but a lot of it relies on having seen the 1970 one too. It's a classic though, so worth a look sooner or later. If you like Dezaki you'll like 2.

One of these days. I'm going through shorter series first.

Holy shit, I can hear it but I nearly don't remember anything about it.
Thanks for that weird feeling.

Last episode of Machiko sensei, then I'm going to pop in some old slayers, tenchi muyo, and maybe tiger mask vhs tapes.

Ranma 1/2 is great

Was this ever completely subbed? 12 CR episodes were ripped, and that's all I know of.

Mahoujin GuruGuru. I'm re-watching the classic while I wait for the remake. I also just finished Akazukin ChaCha, instant favorite.

Is Doki Doki Densetsu worth watching?

Discotek is supposedly subbing the whole thing to put on CR because they don't think it would sell enough DVDs, I don't know their schedule but they are up to 45.

I suppose no one's ripping the episodes. I only saw the first 12 episodes by chance because someone made a thread for it. I think the Nyaa upload is hidden, too. The dialogue is pretty simple, but subs rips would still be nice.

Ai shite Knight has one of the best first episodes.

What are some mahou shoujo shows on the shorter side from the 80s?

Are they ever going to approve this damn torrent? I already have it downloaded, but still.

bakabt.me/torrent/345572/ai-shite-knight-aishite-knight-ai-shite-night-rock-n-roll-kids-kofukusub-chk

I need to rewatch it. How's the BD?

VOTOMS and Ruroni Kenshin

>Full subs of Mama wa Shougaku 4nensei out for months
>Nobody's ripped them

Where?

>Some based dude started subbing the OG Chibi Maruko-chan
wait wait WHAT!

It's really boring sometimes, and not as interesting and fun to watch as the classic. Unless you are like me and really love a particular character, I don't think its worth watching.

who is subbing maruko ?

Oh daisuki. You'd have to ask HS or someone with access about that.

Getting ready to watch several shows I just realized had been subbed recently, hadn't been keeping track for awhile but apparently some group that came out of nowhere called Subdiver has done all of Ganbaruger, Gosaurer, Raijin-oh, Dagwon, Musashi Lord and Webdiver (50+ eps each) in like the past 2 years which blew my mind because NOBODY subs that fast for that long. Then I heard Exkaiser has been subbed by Silver Castle and they even finished Goldran that Sasword had been dragging his feet on for almost a decade. Not expecting great quality TL but I am hyped.

Just downloaded all seasons of City Hunter. Been putting it off for years, but I'm finally getting around to watching it.

>youtube.com/watch?v=re8d36wQy9w

Trigun and Sailor Moon. I'm not really into modern anime outside of Overlord.

Watching the shows that made me happy as a child will make me happy as an adult, right?]/spoiler]

I watched The Chocolate Panic Picture Show recently and it's a unique experience. Mostly surprised to find out that it's part of Gainax's history. Also watching Gundam 0083 which is enjoyable, both due to nice animation and the cast being more likable than the average Gundam cast.

Currently watching You're Under Arrest! and my 3rd Rewatch of the Patlabor franchise while drunk

who the FUCK is subbing maruko, I can't find anything on nyaa

>DVD I have on the left
>DL from BakaBT on the right

When was a cleaned up version of RK released?

The Subdiver subs are translated from Korean, don't expect too much.

I saw Please Save My Earth a couple of days ago.

The protagonist was annoying, but it was alright overall.

Should I watch sailor moon guys?

Were Yuusha and Eldran shows some kind of massive hit in Korea?

Very formulaic, but it has quite a few high points and few lows.

Slowly making my way through Maison Ikkoku. I'm on episode 14. I feel like if I went too fast with this, I'd end up chucking my computer out the window due to rage over the constant misunderstandings. And I'm more and more convinced that Godai's neighbors are the worst people on the planet.

Legacy tsunderes are best tsunderes.

I don't remember is I watched the second season. Was it any good?

>the main robot may have a bit too much detail, it looks awkward

Maybe because you are watching on your fucking phone.

Here's what I'm watching, I fucking hate Ataru. He's a stupid motherfucker

Maison Ikkoku. Seems like It's Rumiko's best work

>tfw when you reach an age where pre-2000s anime has become its own niche genre

Just fucking end me.

Childhood is hating Ataru
Adulthood is understanding he is the best character

It's just a cut-off point grandpa, we could have a pre-90's thread but that might die faster.

>it's an user rewatches Lodoss episode

So comfy

I definitely feel like these threads used to be pre-90s.

I didn't get to S2 yet but the first one is bretty good.

just started this

Just finished Gunbuster and the old HxH anime. What should be next?

It would be her best by far if it weren't for the shitty side characters.

The romance is still a class above what most of japan has to offer though.

Not only that, outside of what was airing that season there was very few threads about post-2000 anime except the really big hits not all that long ago.

90s anime took up most of the out of season discussion on Sup Forums.

Now, you should watch Memories.
Then Do you remember love
Then Neo-Tokyo
Then Dominion Tank Police

Diebuster? The new HxH anime?

What do you guys think of Battle Angel Alita?

I liked it, probably one fo my favorite anime movies.

anything wrong with diebuster?

Currently watching the 1972 devilman (ep18) will probably start watching Mazinger Z after I finish devilman.

G Gundam

Shit's getting pretty hype right now. It'll be weird getting back into the usual Gundam formula after I finish this.

Finished Now, Then, Here and There. Now going to Lain.

70s anime is underrated as shit. I mean its definite its own vibe and not at all like what anime became in the 80s but thats part of its charm.

Also they had the best OPs and EDs.
youtu.be/WEWUlNFc1WE

Oh, yeah. Watching UY too. Lum is the classic best girl.

Currently watching Musekinin Kanchou Tylor

The last pre-90s anime I watched was Dirty Pair.

None because Baka BT is seckret club now.

On episode 25 wbu

I just started on ep 2.

Yeah recently watched Ashita no Joe(S1), Ace wo Nerae and Lunpin the third(1971).
I am more of a "new" anime fan and really started to watch anime seriously around 2010.
So the majority of the anime I watched are post 2010 or from the mid 2000s.

I am currently planning to watch at least a show from every season from 1970 up to 2010.

a.pomf.cat/fuoczz.webm

It does for me. Most modern shows just don't have the same amount of heart.

Gundam is a safe choice

Who is the worst character, and why is it Gourry?

Started watching Serial Experiments Lain a few weeks ago and really wish I'd watched it sooner as it's become one of my favourites.

finally got around to watching kimagure orange road

literally maison ikkoku except 2 girls instead of 2 guys

The second in command is hilarious.

Are you a true connoisseur?

Eh you might want to skip lain unless you are a completionist for popular anime.

Dayum, looks like everyone's watching this.

lain is fucking boring. I saw it recently and it felt like dull philosophical 90's matrix esqe garbage except with no excitement whatsoever. Would not recommended.

It had a baller OP though. Fuck I'm such a sucker for good OPs. I'll watch anything with a good OP

>Now and Then, Here and There

Can somebody explain why this show is liked? I get the appeal of dark shows, but it seems pointless to just have an entire show filled with unabashed suffering and no eventual payoff for any of it.

Currently making my way through.

>Aura Battler Dunbine
>Kimagure Orange Road
>Dirty Pair TV
>Cyber City Oedo 808

Recently put Cardcaptor Sakura and Captain Harlock on hold, and want to go back and finish Patlabor TV and Mellowlink soon.

Do It For Her

That's not mars though

I haven't started Orange Road yet.

>all these fucking OVAs and movies

Jesus christ.

still counts

I started Votoms, just finished the 1st episode. I like it but I'm finding it hard to believe Chirico is 18.

Votoms is fucking great. Good MC. Had some combat autism tho. His autism allowed him to play his "i was pretending to be retarded" scheme to the very end with the main badguy.

Many R1 DVDs were known to have really incompetently done encodes. Don't know if that's the case with what you have.

He's an autistic 18-year old who's seen some shit.

exactly.

Mercury is best scout.

In Japan, the 80's lasted until about 1994.

Watching Metal Idol and one would think with the dub singing being so good the actual dub would be something of note.

youtube.com/channel/UC-Qsijj1sNJEpvcOXW1d3sw

Not just Japan. The 90s really started at some point between the collapse of the Soviet Union and the start of Bill Clinton's presidency.