Any Ojisans (28+) here...

Any Ojisans (28+) here? Just wondering if your tastes in anime matured over time or if you still watch fotm cute shit like Eromanga Sensei. If you do still watch those types of series do you feel weird at all?

I'm 27 and my tastes have matured to the point where I only watch cute shite

Im 50 and watch Boruto.

I'm matured, and I only watch cute shits. Higher form of Cute shits, of course.

Nowadays I mostly watch romance or action stuff, I'm currently making my through Patlabor, Rose of Versailes, and Youjo Senki. The last thing before that was Time of Eve. There are a few things long running things, like Gundam, that I'll check out if new entries pop up.

Watching cute shit fulfills that mature desire to have a cute daughter to take care.

I'm 26 and I rarely finish anime I start any more.

30+

I never cared about the whole "Cute girl" genre and skip them 9/10 times. Exception is To heart due to nostalgia.

On the other hand i read way more manga than i watch anime, as i always have done.

29 and I wouldn't say matured over time. I just came to watch more of the older shows from the 80s and 90s a lot more than when I started out. But I still watch the current ones and moeshit. I would say my range has expanded but my taste has remained relatively stable over time.

I'm 28 and I never liked juvenile shonen/harem/moeshit, so no my tastes haven't changed.

31 here. Pretty much exclusively watch QGDQT and comedies. My tastes were a lot broader in my teens and early twenties.

Patlabor and Rose of Versailles or top tier animes. Rose of Versailles is probably my number one anime, actually.

I'm 30 and never watch anything but CGDCT or harem. Fite me.

Reminder that 10 pages later she's taking his dick

I'm a wizard. When you get to my point you don't care whether you watch 'mature' stuff or not. You just want something to pass the empty pointless hours as you kill another day.

I just realized I can't fucking spell.
>CGDCT

I'm over 30 and my taste in pretty much everything is still basically the same as when I was like 13.

I'm 30 and I still watch dumb stuff. Though not eromanga because everything I've seen looks like hot garbage.

>caring about maturity

Just watch what you enjoy, don't bar yourself from something because of a subjective thing as "maturity"

Somewhere back in high school I started turning away from the regular shounen stuff and got into shoujo. Guess I'm just a sucker for cheesy romance.
Anyway, a few years ago, that started to give way to mecha and things from the 70s and 80s that people remember fondly. I do keep up with a couple things each season, I'm really digging Warau Salesman New and Little Witch Academia, but for the most part I'm looking for mecha and classics.

29, barely watch anime anymore. Just some clips on Youtube to keep up with the memes.

Basically this. Is "waiting warmly for death" a genre?

42 here, watch mostly cgdct now a days.
For this season it's FA:G, Clockwork Planet and Eromanga.

In other words: Fun things are fun.

32 here, favorites for me this season FAG and Alice. The only shit that I have outgrown are shounenshit and haremshit.

>mid teens watch shounenshit cause its got action, power levels, things look cool and flashy
>early 20s watch anime with interesting stories and characters
>late 20s watch cute girls doing cute things because this is where you realize how much bullshit you have to deal with in everyday life so you just want to watch cute shit to forget about it
They don't think it be like it is but it do.

I'll be 28 in a month, what is the point of continuing?

>what is the point of continuing?

Only a few years left before I become ojisan eh?

There are some shows I don't enjoy any more, but would have loved back in the day.
Something like Renai Boukun is a good example. Or most shounen.

Now I mostly enjoy romance, drama, CGDCT, slice of life, and science fiction.

I'm a 30 year old professional and all I'm watching this season is LWA, eromanga sensei, idolmaster cinderella girls theater and ai-chan

You got it wrong OP, most people mature from action and power level anime to cute things, this is why most anime connoseurs and veterans are KyoAni fans.

Lemme tell you, there is no point to your mundane existense besides being too much of a chicken to an hero yourself.

KyoAni girls aren't even cute.

29 and there is nothing wrong with watching cute shit. Watching exclusively moeshit is a problem though.

I'll let you know when I find one.

Stop falseflagging.

Say that again to her face not online and see what happens.

Ive been watching the same crap for 11 years. Im 28 now.

You have the progression of tastes all mixed up OP.

Younger people get into "serious" or "pretentious" or "art house" anime, I remember I did the same thing.

Then as you get older, and you realize how truly awful it is to work for a living, you start to really enjoy cute SoL anime for their true healing potential.

I'm 27 and I've been watching most seasonal anime since 2010, when I was 20. I don't know if I'll ever stop. It's an addiction at this point.

pretty much

Anyone here want to be my senpai

28 here, over time I stopped watching any anime unless it involves 'cute girls doing cute things'. Anime/Manga excels most at cuteness and lewdness, no other mediums compare.

No, I'm just less shameful about being terrible. Liberating, really.

Pretty much this. When I was younger I was embarrassed about everything I was interested in, now I just let it all out and it feels great to be a waifufag.

18 year old me's favorite genres were harem and comedy.

28 year old me's favorite genre is melancholic slice of life fantasy in a mysterious setting.

I'm 27 and started downloading anime when I was 14, never really stopped after that. I keep up with seasonal stuff but only finish the series I really like.

18 year old me's favorite genre was romance comedy

28. nothing has changed

43 here - yeah they've changed a bit, slanted ore towards mahou shoujo and cgdqt, but there is no genre I particularly dislike

You look like gentoo man

>blogging is now allowed
Good job, mods.

I'm 29 and I just finished Yuri on Ice

I have been wanting to get into Gundam or something with a lot of well animated explosions and such

I'm still 27 and yes, I love dumb shit like Eromanga-sensei because it appeals to a lot of my tastes in fun lewd stuff. Why should I feel weird? Growing up means realizing there's no point in trying to be "mature" and just enjoying whatever the fuck you want to enjoy, as C. S. Lewis pointed out.

34 here; I pretty much only read manga now. I never watched many of those kinds of shows to begin with.

I know that feel.

I didn't know I had a split personality separated from me.

25 here, Can't get more patrician than this.

Not sure how much my tastes have changed, but my viewing habits definitely have. Nowadays I don't start watching anything that's currently airing until the season is half over so I can have the garbage filtered out for me by the dedicated otaku. When I was younger I felt compelled to try and watch everything that was airing. Now most of what I watch are rewatches or older shows.

As I've gotten older I've gotten more and more into yuri. Male characters in anime are less and less capable of carrying a romance it seems, and cute girls are cute.

Did you live in Japan from 2010-2014?

Went from loving some shounen stuff and random comedies like Azumanga Daioh at 18 to now loving pretty much everything, especially stuff with a fuck load of interesting talking like Monogatari.

>Oldfags exclusively watch CGDCT because everyone with good taste moved on to other hobbies

24 here. 400 series in and I keep up with current shit but havent really had much of a backlog anymore. I still watch anime every day and have no interest in stopping.

Ill really watch anything to keep me preoccupied from facing real life and how shitty it is.

I used to watch a lot of slice of life and romance when i was younger but now i cant stomach slice of life and pretty much exclusively watch seinen and battle

>Renai Boukun
Man, that show is bottom of the barrel. I still watch it because WUG sings the opening. Other than that you're pretty much me. Or maybe not I still watch a bunch of shit.

Ojisan here. I only watch moe nowadays or avant garde stuff.

What the fuck are you talking about, it's fun as fuck. Sometimes it even reminds me of the fast-paced kind of humor from Seto no Hanayome.

Used to watch 25+ shows a season. Now I'm down to 15-18.
Not sure if anime is getting worse, or it's me.

only 27 but if anything i watch objectively worse shows now than i did when i was younger (but less shows in total per season)

27, I'm more into shitposting than watching anime now

>only

28 here. I generally don't watch new shows. I'm going back to see the old ones I've missed over the years. Starting in on Saber Marionette J now.

Maybe it's just my tastes in media in general have matured over time. It's all gone rather circular. I don't like pointlessly edgy or pretentious shows right off the bat, but even simple, or cute fare like Aikatsu is neat. Not that I don't watch "mature" things, but it's more an eclectic mix. And even with the older shounen stuff, I pay really much more, most attention to the subtle interactions, the romances, the other vagaries of living rather than just the fights, although I've been like that largely since always, which is unusual.

Maybe it's because I realized long ago you don't need to prove, to justify anything to anyone. It's not healthy for you.

While I'm military, I don't like a lot of military animus because they're just pretentious, or stupid. But I'm a huge Muv Luv mark, for example. But besides all rounded stuff like that, I look not just in anime. Being a pro wrestling fan is also a good help. It's growing older that helps you realize that no, you don't give a shit if it's fake or not. That's not the point. What's more fun, more fulfilling is to understand the battle between good and evil daily expressed and told.

Cute or fun fare like Pokémon is very soothing on the feels, so I'd always recommend it.

Because carrying on is your own little defiance, your own roar against fate.

>I don't like a lot of military animus because they're just pretentious, or stupid.
Rude.

hello linux dude

>when I was younger I would never watch CGDCT shows
>now Shakunetsu is one of my favorite things I have watched

It's weird how much people change.

That's a Shounen disguised as CGDCT

What about Kill me Baby? One of my other favorite things I have watched as of late.

29 and I hardly watch anime anymore. I think the anti-depressants killed my brain's ability to enjoy casually watching seasonal anime, but at least I don't want to kill myself anymore. A decade ago I was watching recommended shows and consuming as much as possible, but in my later years it has been pretty much exclusively moe, iyashikei, and literal children's shows like Precure.

>not knowing sysadmin

A few days more and gonna be a wizard here. Not really sure if my tastes changed but I rarely watch fanservice-y anime nowadays compared to before. I still watch CGDCT but it's really specific, like Hidamari or KF. My taste for emotional drama hasn't changed though.

27, and I feel like I go back and forth. I went from watching shonen, to seeking out classics and resenting anything cute, to not watching any anime at all, and now I'm back to watching shonen and am more open to trying different genres than I used to be.

I'm a history and authentica autist. I am just find mixing magic or fantastical or sci fi and other stuff, that's no problem, the problem is a lot of anime does it fucking stupidly. Hence one of favorites being ML, since more or less it is the way things would be, even with ayylmaos.

Know the feel sort of, don't ever want to take anti-deps though. Don't want to be slowly killed off like that. I feel like life has to be faced. I do find myself watching kids shows a bit. Aikatsu is nice.

Well a huge problem with that is writers can't seem to escape archtypes more than usual lately.

Not really, I still like the same sorts of shitty anime as a 34 year old versus when I was 18.

56 and I've only cared about moeshit my entire time with anime/manga. These medium is nothing without it.

26 and the only big difference in the last 10 years is that I now watch SoL in addition to everything from before.

Other thing is that before I tried to finish what I started. Today I don't bother with shit, I routinely drop half of the seasonal series.

Yeah. Haibain Renmei started it.

I'm trying to say you should watch sora no woto damnit.

Its moeshit but its actually really sad xd

The thread is so bad I can't tell if that's bait.

the ending was good even if it was....

28. I look forward to almost every KyoAni and DogaKobo show. I absolutely love comedy and CGDCT. After watching samumenco, I really want to see the train wrecks out there. I also watch seasonal stuff.

I'm 36 and I can still love shonen or cute shit but it has to be well done and/or have something special, or I drop it after 1 episode.
For me there's various stages : younger, you only like cool-looking and dynamic or naive stuff. Teenager, you're starting to be edgy and like edgy stuff. Adult, you understand that every genre can be good because they all represent a different part of life and you don't have to be ashamed about watching girly or childish things.

Sure kiddo. Come here and I'll teach you what anime really was back in my time.

25 here. I mostly watch whatever, but if anything I've opened myself more to moe stuff. It's more like my tastes are broadening though rather than shifting.

Nice blogging thread

28 y.o salaryman. Nothing changed in my taste except now I have lot goods and onaholes.

I'm turning 26 in two months and my tastes have shifted back to more manly stuff.