Warau Salesman

Is anyone watching this other than me?
In the '89 version he was more ruthless.

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s1cgVQvycl3j
twitter.com/AnonBabble

moguro backstory when

I want to know why he's such a fucking troll.

No, because the writing is goddamn trash.

>Guy doesn't know how to drive and constantly fails driving exams
>"I'll teach you, no charge!"
>Brings an expensive car to train him every time, the guy obviously trashes the cars but Moguro doesn't care for some reason
>One night they go drinking and Moguro brings a truck and turns out the cars were stolen all this time, including this one
>He makes the guy drive, telling him to rush through traffic, smashing cars and crossing red lights, police behind their back
>Literally crashes and bursts through one house only to end crashing into another
>The guy gets arrested and his life is potentially ruined
>He just wanted to learn how to drive

Also
>Loser can't get a GF
>Moguro says he can hook him up with a hottie
>Only show him pictures, have him "exchange love letters with her", makes a fake voice recording, etc
>One night, Moguro tells the guy to go see her at the park
>There had been reports of a pervert roaming around the park
>Guy sees a silhouette and sits with her, talking etc
>Moguro presses a button from behind
>The girl was a doll all this time, Moguro had activated a speaker with a recorded voice screaming "Help, pervert!" etc
>Guy gets slammed by every dude in the park, arrested, and life gets probably ruined
>He only wanted a gf

In both situations Moguro just disappears, smug as fuck. This guy has no chill.

Edgy.

Do you not realize he's meant to be a supernatural being? Not knowing his backstory makes him mysterious, and therefore spooky. He could be an evil more ancient than man.

That second one you mentioned was fucking savage. Moguro doesn't give a shit.

I watched half the first episode (the first short story) and dropped it like a sack of bricks. What a terrible show. Shitty writing with an absolutely pointless Faust style and cheap as fuck animation.

>people think this is good writing

I mean, it's interesting. He's supposed to have a very questionable morality. Were you expecting something more deep and intricate from Fujiko Fujio?

If you think it's not, you're most likely a brainlet. The stories are not meant to be aesopian moralistic fables, they just seem that way to the unintelligent. In reality, Moguro is an allegory for man's corruptive influence, how society creates monsters and then blames those monsters for acting within their nature.

Here's the thing, there is a monster lurking within every human. Society is an aggregate of humans and thus takes on their traits in aggregate. So anger, lust, greed, sloth, anything that is moralistically considered a sin, is endemic to society. Individuals are corrupted not just by their own failings, but by a system that encourages maladaptive behavior.

That is the Salesman. Dehumanization, isolation, betrayal, and with a smile. The Salesman is the society that tells you you can have it all, then allows you very little and punishes you for trying to get more.

If you think of the Salesman in this fashion rather than someone trying to teach a moral lesson, he becomes brilliant.

Brainlets who don't get this will never understand.

Okay, I get it, you're a hipster fanboy. You can stop now.

Didn't see it like that but yeah kinda makes sense.

Not him but how is any of that "hipster"?

He's just too much of a brainlet to understand so he's lashing out. Please be understanding.

>show is unpopular (and rightly so)
>B-BUT IT'S GOOD YOU'RE JUST [random Sup Forums meme]
Actually, I should issue a correction here: He's a hipster fanboy from Sup Forums.

It's apparently popular enough to get a reboot.

maybe its the Geist treatment and its one guy trying to force it

Are you trying to imply that M.D Geist is not GOAT?

At last I truly see. Good post, user.

>geist treatment

que?

maybe the salesman can make me a better guitar player
vocaroo.com/i/s1cgVQvycl3j

It's not supposed to be good, they are meant to be cautionary tales like fables but with more gimmicks

which is the better version?

Pretty ok.