Does it live up to the hype?

Does it live up to the hype?

I literally just finished downloading it. I'll tell you in about two hours.

Ten minutes in. Taking a shit break. Looks top notch so far. Bit confusing though.

20 minutes in. This is literally the most moe boy in existence.

Of course not. Is a fine/good movie. It got way too much pacing issues, ugly CG cars and suffers heavily from the Interstellar effect. Which means that is a movie that donĀ“t fair well if you try to discuss the details, nor a movie to be thought about. It all falls apart if you do. Just enjoy it and leave it at that.
You mean the most bland self-insert there is? The girl is cute and got a fun personality though.

No, the girl in the boy's body.

I'm 27 minutes in, and she lived an entire day as a boy without tugging herself down there.

By the way, I'm gonna use your thread as my personal blog now. Sorry OP.

Overrated, but good.

50 minutes in. I can hear the choo choo. It's the feels train. It's coming straight for me.

Oh, I get it. Because she was at the underworld place when it hit.

Too heartbroken to be spooped though.

65 minutes in. Miyazaki-tier segment. I'm crying now.

80 minutes. Can't stop crying. The floodgates are just flood holes now.

FUCK

WHY

WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS

THIS IS TOO FUCKING CRUEL

90 minutes

I want to die

The ride is pretty wild.

its actually surpass any expectation.

when I watched it a few days ago I cried throughout the whole last 3rd. There's nothing like Shinkai movie to wreck your feels.

ITT: some fag's twitter feed

I would probably cry my eyes out if I watched it alone. Watching it in theaters I stress out too much to start bawling, especially because I'm pretty noisy if it gets really bad.

would of been better if it explored social implications in more depth

no one watched this movie for time travel plots

Finally done.

Been crying nonstop since last post.

It doesn't look like I'll stop crying for another 10 minutes.

Maybe I'll never stop. Maybe I got hit by the feels train so hard, my mangled corpse is now forever part of its gears.

If so, that's okay.

It hurts, but I like it.

>watch the movie in theaters with some buddies
>literally all of the trailers before the movie were for children's movies like Despicable Me 3 and the fucking MLP movie
Really activated my almonds

>watching shinkai movies with buddies
how do you make it through that?

>crying over anime
>crying over non manly man anime at that
Fucking twinks gotta stop before you attract /fit/ here

>being this insecure

It did for me, but then again that hype was hampered by Sup Forums but I should've known better.

Yeah, the combination of hype and anti-hype kind of evened it out, I actually went in not expecting a lot, ended up positively surprised.

Well it's substantially more lighthearted and comedic than his other works so it's not too crazy an idea.
I'd never make them sit through 5cm Per Second though.

Yes, keep explaining away all your gay tendencies with "I am just confident". Faggit.

I really dislike the ending. He shouldn't have strayed from his hoshi no koe and 5cm-esque roots. This is not a shinkai ending

It would've run against the theme of the movie, "Engage your life fully"

It needed a non-shinkai ending to bring that home.

but those endings make you feel like shit and contemplate suicide for days.
My favorite ending would've been them walking past each other, then one of them looking back. End.
Rest is up to personal preference and imagination

Teen melodrama like this is the worst genre in anime, you can't even prove me wrong.

Honestly, I probably would've interpreted it as them never meeting again after that because of what a piece of shit cynic I am.

It still would've cut too close to 5cm/s ending and I would've expected the other to just turn away.

I was gripping my seat for the whole 5-years after deal because I knew it was a possibility, and I was mortified by it.

It found a way.

No, but it's still good.

Not gonna make it a blog this time, but I started watching this 5cm thing and holy shit is it hitting me in the weakpoint. I got teary-eyed literally at minute 1 and my face only got wetter from there.

Average at best

>missing the point of this movie
Shinkai said himself in interviews, and explicitly in this movie, that he no longer feels the same way about life as he did in 5cm/s. The whole point of Kimi no na wa is his rejection of the things he used to believe in.

>1-dimensional characters
>shitty "humor"
>unfitting soundtrack
>plot hole
>movie felt like it ended 3 times, but instead just drags on

at least visuals were great, 2/5.