Is Gintama the best anime comedy?

Is Gintama the best anime comedy?

Yes.

hit and miss

shit everywhere with occasional gem but mostly just shit.

>shit everywhere
that's part of the appeal

I agree drama arcs are hit or miss. I might say Sket Dance does it better

ONE's adaptations are since they dont require a degree in modern japanese to get the jokes.

I don't find them funny at all honestly.

Hilarity is subjective

I think the subverted expecations gags are delivered well.

Nothing has yet beat pic related

DETROIT METAL CITY

RAPERAPERAPERAPERAPERAPERAPERAPERAPERAPERAPE

Pretty much this. The popularity poll arc and Kintama arc were god tier though.

Reddit's favourite. That should be a hint.

Nothing comes close to pic related

Reddit this reddit that, you sound like a hipster for some reason.

I dropped Gintama after 2 episodes

Your loss.

>I-it gets good after 50 episodes! I-I swear!

There is very little amount of genuenely funny anime and gintama is not one of them

I thought reddit hated it

Nice greentext. The quality of Gintama is objective but seriously? You haven't watched it while it was airing weekly? How new are you to anime?

das some good shit mane

If an anime is only worth watching while it was airing then it isn't that good.

This is the best comedy anime and if you disagree you are silly.

>d-do I fit in yet? XD

You missed the point. How new are you if you haven't even watched 50 weeks of Gintama? It's old. Jesus Christ I can't believe I browse Sup Forums with these kind of newfags? When did you start watching anime? 2011?

This.

Why? I don't think I need to watch old shitty anime to fit in. I honestly think Hidamari Sketch is fucking stupid and boring and only lonely autistic losers watchers horrible trash like that.

All SoL shows are boring as fuck.
People who watch a lot of anime have found a way to tolerate the utter boredom, I dont know how they do it.

Probably because they have sad mundane lives that the daily lives of little girls amazes them.

No.

>i don't think I need to watch old shitty anime to fit in

Fucking newfags.

I started watching airing shows 2013. I am a total newfag, but how does contradict my point? I watched and enjoyed shows that aired long before I started watching anime, or was even born, but if you are saying that Gintama's only redeeming quality that it was fun to watch while it aired, then it isn't good.

I had fun watching Rolling Girls, I was excited every week for the next episode, but I probably won't reccomend it to anyone now.

Hell, I also enjoyed shitposting about Mayoiga every week on Sup Forums. Probably the best part of that season, does that make it the best horror show ever?

What I meant was how new are you to anime if you haven't even been exposed to gintama of all things. Thanks for saying you are a fucking newfag though.

No because Nichibros and Cromartie High School exist.

I have been exposed to Gintama a lot, everyone talks about iy, but it's length intimidated me a bit. I watched long shows, but like others said ITT, I don't want to waste my time and datacap on a show that "g-gets good at episode 75!".

I'm glad that you let me know that it's not worth watching.

>datacap
How does it feel to live in a third world country?

Pretty bad

In terms of plot, character development, and humor Prison School is the best anime/manga comedy of all time.
It manages to stay funny with a competent storyline.
Inb4 "Cavalry Arc was shit" That's over now. Gintama is still god-tier anime comedy tho.

The beginning was but now gintama is:
>someone make a joke
>someone yell common sense

>boke
>tsukkomi
wow user you just described japanese comedy as a whole

But it is too fcking short

mayonnaise is good on most savory dishes

Damn right, dad was dying of cancer and this shit still made me literally LOL in the waiting room

Fuck off Toshi

As amazing as it might sound, Le Leddit didn't even exist when this show started & reached its golden era. Crazy, I know.

SYD is. Tastefull dick jokes are the best.

Other shows have Jojo references.

Gintama has a Jojo reference ARC.

which episodes.

131-134

Thanks, i've probably already seen them. But I saw them before watching JoJo so I think they're worth a rewatch.

Sachan is cute. CUTE.

they sure are.
It's also secretly a KISS reference arc.

But Seto no Hanayome exists

Literally the worst girl along with Tsukuyo

excellent taste my fàm

I love Gintama but I you're retarded to get into the anime right now. The series has tanked in popularity to the point that most of the late arcs will never be adapted and the Silver Soul arc will probably be pretty shit like last season.

That's not Nichibros

>Reddit likes thing
>"oh darn, this means I can't like it either"

this is you

you are a tool

There is no bad or worst girl in Gintama, you faggot.