I just finished berserk. Can we talk about it...

I just finished berserk. Can we talk about it? Why did Guts go back and rescue Griffith when Griffith tried to stop him from leaving, he didn't owe the guy anything, that was a stupid move. Or is the entire last two episodes and his punishment to show that because everyone was subservient to Griffith they deserved to be sacrificed in his name? Why did Griffith rape Casca and in front of Guts nonetheless, I thought he wasn't attracted to her, or did he do it just to spite Guts? Finally, is this the actual ending, since the first episode starts after the ending guts is obviously alive, so how far through is the anime compared to the manga at the end, how much is actually covered?

But berserk isnt finished and it never will be

>I just finished berserk
nigga we going to fucking die before berserk is finished

are you a time traveler from the year 21XX? How the hell did you finish Berserk?

>I just finished berserk
what did he mean by this?

Sorry guys I'm talking about the first anime, I am completely clueless with regards to the anime, that's why I'm asking all of this

Go read the manga then, the anime adaptations are shit.

bump

The 90s anime was good, if a little budget strained. Definitely read the manga, OP.

I'm just wondering if I read it, will at the very least the questions I'm asking be answered? Because I'd be pretty pissed off otherwise

Lurk more faggot

>finished berserk
>only watched the anime
the anime only covers about a third of the manga. griffith and guts were good buddies, so why wouldn't he rescue his friend who was being tortured for a year? and since griffith lost literally all his humanity, he raped casca just to do it, not for pleasure. he thought they were going to die anyways

Guts left to find his own dream and to follow his own path, but he still loved Griffith and admired him. Griffith was his best friend, he wasn't going to let him just be tortured. Guts also felt personally responsible for the destruction of Griffith and the band of the hawk. Anyway, read the manga OP, since it's incredible (from the start, since the 90's anime skips a lot of important scenes). Mangasee is a pretty good site to use to read it.

>Only 17 pages
AHHHHHHH

Because Griffith tried to stop him from leaving the hawk band, remember their duel? He wouldn't let Guts leave normally after all hes done for him. Guts then instead of actually having an ambition (the strength of his character being the reason he threw off Griffith in the first place), he instead fucked off to a secluded forest to train with an old man and girl (???)
Then when Griffith fucks up instead of blaming it on his own actions, he fucking blames Guts for it as the cause for his downfall, which is completely stupid considering his powerful persona and the way all the characters in the show look up to that.
Last thing that I find inconsistent, the fact that the whole ideal of Griffith was he could rise to be king from a lowly peasant, even though in the end apparently he was "chosen by fate" (just like a fucking noble would be born into it) instead of fighting for it himself. (This one isn't really an inconsistency more of crazy irony)

The above things just really threw me off getting enjoyment over the show in the last couple of episodes. Maybe you guys think those actions are consistent with the characters, or based on the manga at least, at the moment I don't buy it.

you're silly
it is a fantasy manga but still has some realism to it
especially phsychology-wise

>Guts then instead of actually having an ambition, he instead fucked off to a secluded forest to train with an old man and girl (???)
Just because he realized, that he doesn't want to stay there anymore, doesn't mean he knows what he wants to do.
He set out, to hone his skill, to find a purpose. You can't blame him for that.
And yeah you need to read the manga, he didn't seclude himself to the place of the "old man and a girl". He did end up there for a little bit, but he mostly traveled and did other stuff.

>Then when Griffith fucks up instead of blaming it on his own actions, he fucking blames Guts for it as the cause for his downfall, which is completely stupid
OF COURSE Griffith wants to put the blame on Guts instead of taking responsibility.
You think such a brightly burning ego, can take blame on himself? Naaah, it's Guts' fault!

For me, personally, Guts is innoncent.
It was Griffith's own decision to do what he did.

Still doesn't explain why Guts decided to go back and help him even though if he wasn't strong enough Griffith would have forced him to be with him till death as shown in the duel scene, the fact that anyone can act in anyway they want for the sake of """realism""" is a cop-out answer tbfmf

It just seemed that the whole anime was a circlejerk about griffith, oh griffith is so great lets all suck his cock, lets all die in his name and in the end that exact thing happens, but at the very least I expected guts to have a will of his own, in the end he just fucked off for a year and ended up going back to save him again and fell for his shit

You could call the last part following the "link of casuality" or whatever the fuck the demon guys called it but thats another cop-out answer

You will understand all of this much better if you read the manga. The show didn't get into a lot of those details. You understand the "fate" bit much better in the manga as well as some of Griffith's reasons for what he did.

Dragon slayer-chan best girl!

>Still doesn't explain why Guts decided to go back and help him even though if he wasn't strong enough Griffith would have forced him to be with him till death as shown in the duel scene
They're still friends. Griffith trying to stop him from leaving showed he cared for him, although in his fucked up way. Guts has a deep bond with Griffith and while he values his freedom, he'll also try to help him. It's perfectly normal.

Also read the manga.

>They're still friends.
I should add : as far as Guts is concerned. Griffith had much more troubled feelings for Guts at this point. He was always kind of a cunt, though.

>Why did Guts go back and rescue Griffith when Griffith tried to stop him from leaving, he didn't owe the guy anything, that was a stupid move

Because, even if Guts left he still liked Griffith. Griffith was the first person that wanted Guts for anything.

Someone else wanted Guts long before Griffith was in the picture.

>Why did Guts go back and rescue Griffith when Griffith tried to stop him from leaving
Because Guts realized that leaving the band of the hawk was a stupid decision, since he actually was happy as a member of the band. And he still loved Griffith when he left.

>Why did Griffith rape Casca and in front of Guts
While being rescued by Guts, Griffith realized that Guts became the new leader of the band of the hawk. Unable to achieve his dream, Griffith felt betrayed by Guts. Therefore he killed the hawks and raped Casca as a form of revenge.

Read the whole manga, OP.

I'm reading the manga right now, the anime really doesn't do it ANY fucking justice, the only thing I liked in all honesty was the opening and nosferatu, there really is no comparison

The way the anime ended basically felt like a "LOL fuck you, if you wanna find out more read the manga"

>Why did Guts go back and rescue Griffith when Griffith tried to stop him from leaving, he didn't owe the guy anything, that was a stupid move
Guts and everyone else viewed Griffith more like a God rather than human. The campfire speech establishes that the limits Griffith pushes himself to in pursuit of his dream is what makes him dazzling in his eyes. Guts returns to save him not only because he cares about the band of the hawk, but because he can't believe his departure is what caused Griffith to fail.

Griffith's rape of Casca was done to spite Guts and also a way of keeping Casca enthralled to him. The two people who were given purpose by him were moving on, so he did something they could never forget.

>The way the anime ended basically felt like a "LOL fuck you, if you wanna find out more read the manga"
The anime literally ended where the manga was at the time you know.

>The way the anime ended basically felt like a "LOL fuck you, if you wanna find out more read the manga"
The 1997 anime is good, user. Keep in mind that it's an adaptation of a single arc of the manga (which currently has five arcs).
Anyway, enjoy the ride.

Anime skipped easily the best arc in the story, it's pretty hard to defend it at all after that.

>BLACKED Swordsman
>best anything
Conviction > Golden Age > BLACKED Swordsman >>> Millennium Falcon >>>>>>> Craptasia

I'm pretty sure the pic is from lost children

You can't skip something that literally didn't exist back then you know. It only skiped BLACKED Swordsman.
And Lost Children isn't even a standalone arc, it's part of Conviction you fucking secondary retards.

>i just finished berserk
no you didn't

Guts and griffith were friends. Griffith was too self absorbed to realize that's what it was but guts wanted to be able to meet griffith on his own terms. So after hearing that if he never had a goal of his own griffith would never consider him anything, he decided he would finish helping griffith attain his goal as far as he felt he was useful in that endeavour. Griffith actually taking the sword fight seriously showed not only that he cared, but that things were not always under his control or going to go his way. To drown his sorrows/feel like he had some control, griffith went and got some of that sweet princess booty. Guts would be blamed in griffiths eyes as the start of his downfall at the time but guts figured griffiths ambition kept him focused enough to be fine with his departure when in fact it made griffith irrational. Like most people would be if their best friend just up and disappeared.

Lost Children was lit

would you a Puck Sup Forums

Anyone else shitty that it's skipped over in all recent media? New anime doesn't have it and neither does the game. The black swordsman at his best and it just is constantly .

Ever since chapter 1 I've wanted him to hug my dick.

*Blocks your path*

I adore it so much that I'd only ever want to see it done well. An OVA labour of love to get around TV airing restraints etc and do it justice

Who was in the wrong here?

>blocks your duodenum

So how are new apostles created now that Griffith is somewhat corporeal and the layers are merged? Does Griffith just leave that to the other God Hand members?

>Why did Griffith rape Casca and in front of Guts nonetheless

After you got your shit fucked up for an entire year, had your dream crushed, and suddenly the dude who "caused" your downward spiral appeared in front of you, would you want to cause him as much pain as possible with her new demon cock?

>I just finished berserk.
No you havent Miura you fucking Cunt, GET BACK TO WORK!

don't be an Sup Forumsutist, he wasn't even doing anything newfaggy

Miura said in an interview that the relationships in the manga were inspired in the relationships he had in his life. In some of his friends, some co-workers, etc.
The new chapter speaks a lot about not being alone anymore, what that changes in one's life, how it brings a lot of responsibilities, how Guts wanted to do everything alone... But after failing (when he almost raped Casca), he realized he couldn't do it all alone and needed to share the load. He also says that despite that, he's grateful for the friends he made.
I wonder if Miura wrote this chapter thinking about himself and his manga. We know he worked alone in the beginning, but eventually got some people to assist him. It's quite obvious in the most recent chapters. Recently he also got somebody else to write a LN as side material.
Maybe Berserk will really only end when Miura dies, because it's the story of his life.

poor soul

I know what you mean, poor guy's jaw just can't seem to find a consistent shape these days

You're suddenly in charge of Berserk and must finish it on the next chapter, what do?

All the Godhand assemble to kill Casca for some reason and Guts puts on the berserk armor and kills them and demon Donovan fucks Griifith. Puck kills Zodd. The end.

Griffith shows up and almost kills Guts but Donovan's spirit saves him and rapes Griffith's boipussy. Farnese and Casca make out with Guts the end