Greatest, most underrated anime

I just finished this piece of gold right here. What a great fucking series this was. It had fantastic pacing, complex characters, amazing world-building, and a really gripping plot. I know it's quite old, but it's such a shame this anime doesn't get more attention.

Anyway. I need something to watch now, so why don't we make this a thread for the best, most underrated series?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vjwGnix8Vsk
youtube.com/watch?v=NgO1aFrt10g
youtube.com/watch?v=LyRNeS8dm70
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The OP and ED are also great

youtube.com/watch?v=vjwGnix8Vsk

youtube.com/watch?v=NgO1aFrt10g

Zipang is also another one of those highly underrated early-200 anime. It's about a bunch of jap seamen who inexplicably get sent back to WWII while on a highly advanced modern warship during routine training drills.

Planetes is overrated as fuck.

Someone posted this in one of these threads last week. It's really good, probably my favourite friendship in anime.

Please, Planetes is not underrated. In fact its always highly regarded. Learn the difference between underrated, less-known, with the usual ignorance

It's definitely one of my favorites but a little near the end, all the character turn into assholes with the exception of Tanabe. Thing is, I can't even say if that's really a bad thing or not.

Read the manga; it emphasizes different things. and you'll probably like the movie Wings of Mayonaise.. er Hollandais... Honneamise. And maybe Moonlight Mile, like Planetes but more manliness. Also:

Dennou Coil
Time of Eve
Kino no Tabi
Mushishi
Moribito
Monster (though I like the manga better)

Tiger and bunny

Planetes is NOT overrated
>Kino no Tabi
>Mushishi
>Monster
Oh for fuck's sake

Best girl.

Best sci-fi anime/manga

Nice rec thread
Also planetes sucks

>overrated
meant to say underrated, just because Sup Forums doesn't talk about it as much as K-On doesn't mean it's underrated

>no fights
>characters don't have any powers
Boring shit.

>le edgy contrarian XDXD
>no fights
Confirmed for not having watched it

>le edgy retard XDXD

Its trash fuck you.

Currently reading the manga. The anime completely ignores the first handful of chapters before Tanabe appears right? Are they included somewhere afterwards?

>>>/killyourself/

>rec thread
>i need something to watch because i'm too lazy to search for myself
Kuso thread. Lurk at least two years before posting.

I do adore Planetes as my absolute favourite anime, but with that said I agree completely.

The ending also really bothered me. With Hachimaki knocking up Tanabe and then going "See you when our kid is all grown up! I'm heading off to space!" and the series trying to justify it with "He's just like his dad!". She's too good for him.

Pretty sure you're under 15.
No fights no fun!1!!!1!
They have no powers, they're not superheroes!

Of course, in space you cannot do anything you want, else you are dead. Main characters' job is catching small metal things, not kill other people

FFS did you watched it?
or read the manga?
Men and women devoted to space cannot live a normal life. He will go on a long mission so what do you expect? He will probably return when their kid is really grown up. Tanabe knew the ambitions of Hachimaki and hoy space is a demanding mistress. This is perfectly explained on the manga, I dont remember to which depth it was exposed in the anime.

I watched it and I understand perfectly that was their attempt att justifying it.
Since he very well knew he was going to space for that long he shouldn't have made a girl pregnant, but waited until he got back if he wanted a kid. I also find it stupid that the anime just presented it as Tanabe being fine with it.
You shouldn't do that to a child, in my opinion. If you want a child you should take responsibility and not run off because of "muh space dream!".

>Disregarding Tanabe's volition
Sup Forumsnon, really. Its not like Tanabe was forced to Marry Hachi and to have his child, if anything Tanabe is almost the perfect match for Hachi.
You dont like the situation? fine, but it was well explained and argumented.
By your logic, all explorers should not have children, which I find ridiculous.

It's been a while, but I can't really recall them motivating Tanabe's side with anything more than she being in love with him, much thanks of his drive of course. Maybe I need to watch it again, but if you have any particularly convincing argument you are free to refresh my memory, user.
I wonder what she'll think when she's stuck with an infant whose father is out in space and the reality of caring for said infant hits. She should have said no to Hachimaki, but I blame him more since he's the one actually going away. At least Tanabe takes her responsibility in caring for the child. In the end I am mostly sorry for the child growing up without a father.
I'm not saying that all the explorers shouldn't have kids at all. I am saying that if they want kids they should either find an exploration mission where bringing a kid is fine or they should wait until they get back to earth. If the mission takes 20 years you'll simply have to wait for 20 years and nine months to have a kid.
You are right that in the end it's nothing but my opinion and my opinion is that their arguments didn't convince me that it's all right to conceive a child that you know you will abandon a short time later because you are chasing your own dreams. I am of the opinion that when you decide to bring a child into this world then that child is more important than all your dreams and that as an adult you have to choose between the two.

MOOT

Space terrorists ruined it

Well, like I said, You have your opionion, and thats fine, you dindt liked how Tanabe and Hachi handled it, good.

In the manga Tanabe interacted with hachi's family, knew who Hachi's father is, so she knew what she was getting into, because she saw Hachi's family interactions.
In these couple matters, well, its up to them how they handle things.
I kinda get your point and your gripe with the situation, but there are several couples like tanabe and Hachi in which one decides to support the other dreams and ambitions.

samefag here
I just remember, Your argument would make more sense (at least to me) if we were talking about the protagonist of "seven years in tibet"
He left his partner with his child and didnt gave a single fuck, to which she complained heavily

Good anime, nice blatant fucking ref thread too.

It is possible that it came across better in the manga than in the anime and I'll admit that I haven't read the manga and probably never will because I don't like reading manga. (I do like reading books.)
The whole thing just came across to me as going against the message I got from the series. For me the central theme always seemed to be "never give up on your friends and always be there to help them achieve their best" and then we got the end where Hachimaki said "k. thx for the support!" and simply left Tanabe to chase his own dreams pretty much abandoning her to raise the child.
I'll leave it there and I do agree that it is up to each couple to handle their relations however they see fit, whether I like it or not.

ITT shit anime

Don't forget Twin Spica, which has some deliberate overlaps in places even though it's a totally different show.

Why did the anime cut so much from Fee's background a lot? I really don't remember her husband and son being featured in the anime a lot.

> it's such a shame this anime doesn't get more attention
>Anyway. I need something to watch now, so why don't we make this a thread for the best, most underrated series?- 34 posts and 6 image replies shown.
Kill yourself, newfag.

youtube.com/watch?v=LyRNeS8dm70

Yeah, Planetes is amazing.

Like what space would be like if '2001" had come true, sans spooky monolith.

Worth the watch.

Dont want to say We ( the U.S.) are living this, but, yeah.

Shit blew up, and NASA is suddenly launching bottle rockets.

Rocket Girls