How do you cope with the knowledge that you will never be a petite cute Japanese girl in the anime universe of your...

How do you cope with the knowledge that you will never be a petite cute Japanese girl in the anime universe of your choosing?

>Author of X manga/LN dies
>the characters and universe around their story die with him.

Death basically.

>How do you cope with the knowledge that you will never be a petite cute Japanese girl in the anime universe of your choosing?
If meta-quantum physics are correct, we already are in a parallel universe.

>I've watched 3 YouTube videos and now think that quantum mechanics mean that literally anything is possible

By watching more anime and drowning the days in video games when I'm not.

Strong VR isn't that far away. Brain machine interface, artificial intelligence, and a sizable increase in processing power is all it takes. Just wait for it.

>I've watched 3 YouTube videos and now think that quantum mechanics mean that literally anything is possible
I said IF it is correct, I never claimed to agree with the theory.

VR will always be a gimmick that no one actually develops to its full potential.
It will die like the fad it is, and be revived in 20 years just to die again.

>brain machine interface
>artificial intelligence
>sizeable increase in processing power
>all it takes

Wow, that sounds like a realistic set of goals.

>How do you cope

I don't really, just sort of pass time by while I try to avoid thinking about it

Color will always be a gimmick that no one actually develops to its full potential.
It will die like the fad it is, and be revived in 20 years just to die again.

VR/AR is a natural evolution of 3D imaging that has been going on for a while, its absurd to think it won't go further than it is now.

Those are all things that are being built right now though. There's no big obstacle standing in the way, it's just slow steady progress. Shouldn't take more than 30 years. Plus, biological immortality is coming within the same timeframe, so even if we do run into a big problem, we've got lots of time to fix it.

VR has existed for decades, and has already faded into obscurity once.
Even disregarding all the physical problems such as nausea, the production costs would likely be too high to sell to a broad audience, even if the technology was there.

>There's no big obstacle in the way
>Shouldn't take more than 30 years
>Plus, biological immortality is coming within the same timeframe
I recommend not basing your opinions on Buzzfeed Science headlines.

I can live.

I'd much rather be a trap if I had the ability anyway.

All the advantages of being a cute girl without any of the disgusting and annoying vaginal leakings.

>not drinking the sweet love nectar

Well, there ARE man-machine interfaces in the realm of prostheses that are currently allowing deaf people to hear and blind people to see. These are not 100% by any means, but they are improving, and this is evidence that the gap is closing. Full sensory immersion VR is potentially a technology we will see realized within this century.

Let me get this straight, you believe that BCIs, real artificial intelligence, and biological immortality will all be realized within 30 years because there currently exists experimental technology to aid the visual and hearing-impaired?

No, different user. Pretty sure you blew the other one out.
Just pointing out specifically that the technology in those prostheses is basically a proof of potential for full-immersion VR. None of the other shit.

Also
>within 30 years (you)
>within this century (me)
there's a pretty big gap between these things.

Alright, sure.
Thought you were defending the "biological immortality in 30 years" post I was replying to.

Biological immortality is probably never going to happen, and shouldn't even if it could.

because it'll only be available to the 1%

>he doesn't RP in Jap/Korean MMOs
what the fuck are you doing?

It's hard to have perspective when you're caught in the middle of it. Think about how much technology has advanced in the last 15 years. It's more than the previous 100 put together. Everything we learn makes new discoveries come faster. Progress accelerates.
30 years in the future is far enough ahead that we can't even imagine what we'll have. We can't imagine what problems we'll have left to be solved. Computers drive the whole thing, if we build a computer that can build a better computer, it's basically game over. That's not that far off.

But I can in my mind's multi-verses.

Honestly I'm more concerned with the fact that I'll never rail a petite cute Japanese anime girl.

I don't.

in an alternate universe, you and i went on a date instead of posting on a nepalese quilt weaving forum

I turn 27 this year, and I stopped relating to the young characters in anime the same way I did as a teenager. I don't watch a show set in high school with the same desire to be one of them as I did then; I've sort of grown to care about the characters more like a parent than anything.

Considering that, I'm more interested in channeling my love for iyashikei and mono no aware into something tangible so that I can quite my shitty office job. I'm thinking of ways that I could open up something like my own Café Alpha.

Copious amounts of alcohol.

>in an alternate universe, you and i went on a date instead of posting on a nepalese quilt weaving forum
Indeed, and in another one of us cannibalized the other. And in another the entire world burned into a nuclear armagedoom during cold war, so neither of us ever got born.

Sure can cause a lot of confusion to your min d, huh?

In an alternate universe I am your mom