>import os
>import os.path
KOBAYASHI-SAN IS A BAD CODER!!!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hvN7J-iH-AM
stackoverflow.com/questions/2724348/should-i-use-import-os-path-or-import-os
github.com/webpy/webpy/blob/master/web/session.py
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Why is the kerning of i different on the second line?
Literally unusable.

no bully

what is the problem here?

At least it's code

What kind of home enviroment would result in a jap girl learn to code?

She uses chrome with XFCE.

There's no reason to import both.

Say you have a box filled with and apple, an orange and a banana.
You take all the fruit out of the box.
Then you take the banana out of the box.

Looks like Windows

posting this video in every maiddragon thread cuz I love it
youtube.com/watch?v=hvN7J-iH-AM

Programmer here. I have no idea wtf are they talking about. Systems guys only code automation scripts. They are separated from development which is much more complex programming.
So I can't understand why on earth would a systems guy code-review regular development code.

Are you sure you're familiar with the programming practices in Japan?

No one is talking about code reviews there

Don't be so mean and remind programmers of Japanese coding practices.
Please, it's painful ot be aware fo them.

It's probably so you don't have to write os.whaterver every time you need to do something with os.path things.

os.path works in a weird way
do you even know python

It's Vista.

If you wanted to do that, you'd write 'from os import path', but os.path is actually a strange module that looks like it's a submodule of os when it's actually just named that way and gets imported when you import os.

It's windows 7.

Still gets imported when you import os better brush up on your skills son

He's using python so that should have given it away before reading what he wrote. Python is a language for morons

>he

It makes a good backend though.

At least it's not Java.

If she was a real programmer she'd only do

import os.path

There's something called the Norwegian gender equality paradox where they noticed that women in the world's most gender equal country - Norway - where there's absolutely nothing stopping women from pursuing science or engineering or politics most women instead choose to pursue traditional, almost stereotypically feminine jobs and careers while women in more patriarchical, less equal societies tend to pursue, if they can/are allowed to, more masculine careers.

The paradox isn't very liked by liberals because it suggests that women, when left completely alone and with no pressure on them, will still choose womanly professions instead of STEM or whatever.

t. a literal nazi

t. Tumblr

If she was a real programmer she'd be using a real programming language, like C.

>import os
now you have to type path.XX for anything in path
>import os.path
now you can just type XX

there is nothing wrong with this code

I'm not too intimately familiar with Python, but, since import in Python is literally "interpret the required script from start to finish right now", doesn't it make the import of os.path run twice in a row?
Or does python ignore repeated imports automatically?

Eh, Python is an alright language, structurally sound, relatively easy to write and has tons of useful third-party libraries. It's really good for scripts and scientific number-crunching (since the scientific libraries are very good too).
Just remember that pythons don't fly (if you're running Python, you're running it in an interpreter, which is slow as fuck by its very nature), and if you are doing anything related to system programming, C still has no contenders in the field.

I haven't touched python in a while, but I think calling
>import os
will run the script once, then calling
>import os.path
after that will only move the variables/functions into the global scope (not run the entire script again).

Isn't it "from os import path" for the latter?

actually I think you're right. I haven't used python in a while.

Java was still my first choice for backend because mono was still in its infancy. Maybe I should've tried Flask though.

Also fuck PHP, never touching it again even if it's better now with PHP7.

NodeJS > PHP

>javascript as backend

hey javascript is a good all purpose scripting language.

I didn't think she was a coder was she, I thought she was part of a QA team?

It’s ass.

no user.
you will still have to type os.path

itt: anons with coursera python lessons shaming themselves by not understanding imports.

Not if you import os.path as [something].
Why are we even having this thread? Sup Forums has horrendous programming skills. I fucking hate python and I knew that.

>People think os and os.path are the same library

Learn2python nerds

What would you use for backend, then?

Currently using Spring Boot, but woulda went with Flask otherwise or something with C# if mono was in better shape when I started (not going to get a windows VM just for IIS, which I also dislike). Previously used PHP for my side projects before working then C# web dev work. My Spring setup works well enough for me now (though it took a good amount of time to actually set up properly).

>CGI suck
>PHP sucks
>let's not talk about Javascript

is there anything worthwhile for backends other than Java Servlets and Python?

Ruby.

Lisp

>not Fortran
pls

>all this plebs arguing about pleb languages when patrician functional programming is possible now that nock exists
Do you faggots even urbit?

>all these programlets talking about programming languages
just directly code everything in machine code youf ucking nerdcucks

C# is better for backend

>targeting a single platform
looks like you're the real programlet

>implying theres more than one worthwhile platform
lmao

COBOL

*Lithp

C

Neerrrdddsss

What a disgusting font for code.

>using CGI
enjoy your low perfs

>javascriptfag
>talking about perf

Screw that, get some 7400-series ICs and start soldering.

>>> import os
>>> os.path

shit, son

>C
There really is no better language.

It's not about review. I think it's about pointing out bugs or undocumented "features" of code that may lead to failures in production.
I have a belief that most developers don't even give a shit about their commits, as long as it builds.

My favorite backend is not being a webdev cuck

this is the only answer, well played user.

webdev is for faggots who can't into proper programming. I hate when web designers call themselves "programmers"

the struggle is real
stackoverflow.com/questions/2724348/should-i-use-import-os-path-or-import-os

Are u fucking with me

Thank God I only worked as a .NET systems developer

just like me, a bit of everything but mostly C and c++

Why the elitism? Programmers are engineers that aren't smart enough to be real engineers, never mind actual scientists.

ITT: anons who did a few online courses and think they're programmers.

Best language arguments are retarded because its heavily dependent on the requirements and you don't always get to choose. Enter the industry and see what its actually like before forming your shitty opinions.

>Best language arguments are retarded because its heavily dependent on the requirements
Sure, but you can't wholly disregard the specifics of a language and what it can and can't do or what it's better or worse at.

No one is talking about that in best language arguments. It's basically just my favorite language is good, everything else is shit.

>
Questions like "what's the best language for server-side?" are too general and not worth entertaining.

>programmers
>not smart enough

sorry kid, not everyone ends up a useless code monkey, are you talking from experience?

C# best language

Bleep bloop /thread to you too nerds.

Fix it, then
github.com/webpy/webpy/blob/master/web/session.py

lol so randumb and funneh xdddd

This show just made me realize what hell coding would be. Thank fuck I didn't let people talk me into making this shit into a career