Sup Forums what do you do to reconnect with the culture of your people...

Sup Forums what do you do to reconnect with the culture of your people? The loss of our cultural foundations is leading to many problems in society today, so what can you do to help ?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikisource.org/wiki/Poetic_Edda
en.wikisource.org/wiki/Poetic_Edda/Hávamál
youtube.com/watch?v=uvHHs54hUwE
youtube.com/channel/UCjAFO7xz5UotUfIzvd_xXDA/videos
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Church

the only real culture canada has is shitposting and i do my best

my ancestors were african i could try shitting in a hole or building a half assed mud hut, maybe eat some monkeys

I put on some fur armor, grab my tin sword, and go out to my local LARP meetup, you should join us.

I've begun building my physical library with the true teachings and history of the world that I feel are in serious chance of being banned or made hard to find in my lifetime. Esoteric stuff sure, but also just the classics. Electronic is great to have, but it's so important to have at least a minimum amount of the oldies but goodies in paper.

Run a Facebook page to help others connect with their culture

m discs would be a good idea as well. the data layer can last up to 10,000 years unlike maybe 20 years tops for cd-roms. you can get them at best buy. no assurance that the future will be able to read the data but hey. one day they should be able to even if civiilzation collapses for a while it'll be back. look into it

the m is for millenium because they're supposed to last at least a thousand years readable in any dvd or cd or bluray drive.

of course they're not going to have dvds in a thousand years but whatever. the future will find some way to access your data. or you could keep upgrading the storage medium over time, maybe pass the discs on to your children as custodians of data

i'm not saying its a replacement for paper books. i'm saying you should do both. you can put videos, pictures, Sup Forums threads, whatever you want on an mdisc

Leafposting at it’s finest. How do you mad men do it!

maybe 9000 years from now your peoples culture is almost forgotten and then your pile of millenium discs is found buried somewhere and the data is recovered and revealed to the world and humanity regains some of its culture. giving men the hope they needed to overthrow the cybertronian megarangers and burn their fetal harvesting farms. and then everyone puts on a kilt and they reinvent the bagpipes

it's our thing, if we stopped shitposting you would forget canada exists. we need the attention

My ancestry is all Irish/English user, but it is hard to find out anything about it culturally.(other than the traditions my family passed down which aren't many)
strange, I also have begun with this.

Both is optimal. Paper for yourself, digital in case you find yourself in need to print more for others.

You are the best at what you do

Exposing the kikes is the eternal tradition that everyone should be familiar with by now.

>the eternal leaf
they giveth and taketh
(mostly taketh)

Can confirm. Mainly take.

user you posted this last night during a different time zone's hours. Go to bed.

Give any of the things on this list a google, or look on pinterest. Anyone who says we have no culture or that its dead or dying is lying

Cotswolds Morris dancing, Border Morris, Rappers , Longsword Dancing, Garland Dancing, Northwest Morris, Clog Dancing, Bacup Coconutters, Molly Dancers

Wassailing, Plough Boys, Plough Monday, Church Clipping, Harvest Festivals, Wassail – Mari Lywd
Straw Bears, Tar barl festivals, Lewes Bonfire night and bonfire societies, Punkie Night, Souling, Corn Dollies, Oak Apple Day,

Mummers, Mumming, Guising, Maypole Dancing, Mistletoe Festivals, Filly Loo, Abbotts Bromley Horn Dancers, Green men, Jack In The Green, Sweeps Festivals, Cumbrian Piping, Well Dressing
Bottle-Kicking,

Hobby Horses, Mast Beasts, Mari Lywds, Hooden Horses. Padstow Obby Oss, Minhead Hobby Horse. Hunting The Earl Of Rhone, Marshfield Paper Boys,

Hooden Horses and Wassailing are anglo -saxon in origin if that's your thing.

Which bit of England is that side of your family from do you know?

If you have english ancestry you should read the Eddas, in fact if you're indo-european you
should read them, they are good texts for learning about pre-christian mythology and crucial
for anyone wanting to understand more about indo-european mythology in general.

> [78] Cattle die, | and kinsmen die,
> And so one dies one's self;
> One thing now | that never dies,
> The fame of a dead man's deeds.

en.wikisource.org/wiki/Poetic_Edda

Hávamál is one of the more famous parts of the book
en.wikisource.org/wiki/Poetic_Edda/Hávamál

And inb4 "I'm irish, norse mythology is not relevant" it's nonsense. Remember that celts and germanics shares a common root.

[84] A man shall trust not | the oath of a maid,
Nor the word a woman speaks;
For their hearts on a whirling | wheel were fashioned,
And fickle their breasts were formed.

[85] In a breaking bow | or a burning flame,
A ravening wolf | or a croaking raven,
In a grunting boar, | a tree with roots broken,
In billowy seas | or a bubbling kettle,

[86] In a flying arrow | or falling waters,
In ice new formed | or the serpent's folds,
In a bride's bed-speech | or a broken sword,
In the sport of bears | or in sons of kings,

[87] In a calf that is sick | or a stubborn thrall,
A flattering witch | or a foe new slain.
88. In a brother's slayer, | if thou meet him abroad,
In a half-burned house, | in a horse full swift--
One leg is hurt | and the horse is useless--
None had ever such faith | as to trust in them all.

Norse is the only non english irish blood i have which im assuming was a rape baby but I will look into it although there is so much out there on the northmen and I am trying to connect to my people.

is that the timberland logo?
yoooooooooooooooooo

Knowledge is power first you have to learn true history not the shit (((they))) taught you
youtube.com/watch?v=uvHHs54hUwE

find it here I would start with the playlists
youtube.com/channel/UCjAFO7xz5UotUfIzvd_xXDA/videos

Waaaiiiiit a minute, you guys don't shitpost- you leafpost. It's like a shittier version of shitposting.

THAT'S what it is! Fuck, I couldn't place it. Pretty bitching if Timbs' logo is Yggdrasil. Columbia uses a barely hidden swastika.