Why are Japs so obsessed with games in their isekai? It's the stupidest shit

Why are Japs so obsessed with games in their isekai? It's the stupidest shit.

In fact, when is this whole isekai fad going to be over? Feels like it's been years of this braindead trash over and over without any end in sight. If it was any good I'd love it but all we get is this fucking rubbish.

Because videogames are predictable. That makes them good for power-fantasies and even better for lazy writing.

>Don't have to explain how shit works cause video games
>Don't have to have your MC actually learn and grow, they can just be inherently OP and understand the world better than it's own denizens because video games
>Attracts them sweet otaku bucks by perpetuating the meme that if they were inside of a video game they wouldn't be a pathetic as they are in real life
There's more but essentially it's writing an isekai with training wheels.

Because if someone was transported to another world, he'd be up shit creek.

Look at stuff like Grimgar, where the kids are desperately trying to stay alive. Or Western 'trapped in another world' stories, where the protagonist is usually clueless, out of his depth, and in deep shit.

If you didn't have videogame mechanics, all the isekai protagonists wouldn't be able to use their broken powers without difficulty. Like, have you ever swung a sword or killed a person in your entire life? I know I haven't.

Unless it's an RPG, in which everything's stylized, your average protagonist would be scared shitless and screaming the entire time.

>In fact, when is this whole isekai fad going to be over? Feels like it's been years of this braindead trash over and over without any end in sight. If it was any good I'd love it but all we get is this fucking rubbish.

When it stops selling in japan. Until then it'll keep going. Doesn't matter what the people outside of japan get because a large majority of the fandom pirates shit anyway. You could always just stop reading that genre if it's bothering you that much

its gives the authors a lot of space and freedom to work. as they can make up the world, the rules ETc.

teh only difference between pure fantasy and Isekai is that the isekai concept (regular human gets stranded in another world) allows the reader to self insert
>maybe I too can be reborn/ transported to a magical world where I can redo my life/ my neet skills are useful cause fuck it, REASONS!

It also explains how a relatively scrawny guy can be remotely useful in another world. In anything approximating realistic fantasy, combat is brutal and requires years of training. How's a random highschool student going to learn how to fight?

Even if he did, anyone he meets is going to have spent years training to kill people. You just can't catch up, unless everything is abstracted like Dragon Quest. (It also avoids the issue of, you know, actually KILLING things. As in a 'put a sword into someone and all his guts come out' levels of messy.)

>>maybe I too can be reborn/ transported to a magical world where I can redo my life/ my neet skills are useful cause fuck it, REASONS!
That's not what self-inserting is about.
Self-inserting is not an intellectual effort. You simply identify as the protagonist while reading (or watching) the story.

Imagining yourself experiencing something similar to a story you like is something else. It doesn't happen at the same time (while you are reading the story) and typically you don't follow the story perfectly because your alter ego of course has different solutions for the problems that the plot throws at you.

Grimgar is not a fun setting to be in. The protagonist is basically a side-character in his own story. The real hero is the super-badass Renji, who is a hardened gangster (or the like) and just leaves them all in the dust.

Also, the protagonist got cucked out of his childhood friend. Then she got sent to Grimgar too, and died.

yeah but thats the point, Isekai makes it easier, to you to related to random nerd/ neet human than to fucking Frodo

one of hte few Isekai I like is Mushuko Tensei, cause the guy is reborn from 0 so he too learns from the new world from scratch also a bit of character build is that he actually tries his best in that world to avoid become the useless shit Neet he was before

Not really. Being reborn from the start is especially pathetic, because they're going "Oh, if only I could do my life all over again! I'll get it right this time!"

It's more interesting if they're dumped - metaphorically naked and afraid - into a completely alien environment. The perfect isekai would be Dark Souls on permadeath.

I am addicted to garbage isekai, what is that one, OP?

Also when is someone going to translate Kumo's LN?

異世界迷宮でハーレムを

sekrit club only

>naked and afraid
Tanaka the Wizard manga started like that. Got thrown in jail for public indecency.

T/N: "Isekai" means "Different World".

Grimgar is a fun setting though if you are not an insecure PoS, which most Sup Forums are and can relate to.
The author other series which is also set in Grimgar shows how fun the world can be when you are actually competent and confident.

>This bollocks
Western isekai have even more crazy power levels than more of nips.
And also far worse in writing and conflict induction.
But this isn't the board to discuss about those low tier fanfiction garbage which make most Japanese LNs look like masterpieces.

>Why are Japs so obsessed with games in their isekai?
Games are what inspires them and what they actually want to make. Choice of WN as a form is a shortcut around having to work for a prolonged time with other people. Most WN authors don't really know how literature works.

Holy shit even that got a manga adaption

This described the folks in rpgmg on /vg/ pretty well to.

yeah but the whole premise behind tanaka is that he's a pathetic 30 year old neet who only likes virgins and manages to get by because of his cheats and everyone becoming infatuated with his power alone, completely disgusted by his behavior and personality but unable to deny that he's a living god and thus they get pulled into his dick with black hole like force.

Kill yourself, isekai is here to stay you moeshit, westernshit eater or whatever the fuck you are.

sometimes it can be pretty funny (tanaka the wizard)