I am an Eastern Orthodox Christian. Ask me anything

I am an Eastern Orthodox Christian. Ask me anything.

Other urls found in this thread:

catholic.org/news/hf/family/story.php?id=37200
stsava.com
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>taking time to "bless" rifles

How much to get my rifle blessed?

When will you people retake Constantinople

It adds +10 holy power you ungrateful fuck

Actually there is a prophesy by one of our elders that the Russians will take Constantinople back and many of the Muslims will either flee or parish. One of our greatest churches, Hagia Sophia is in Islamic captivity.

Deal with the Muslims in the Balkans then go to Constantinople & retake it

>20% more attack points against the unbelievers

WHY ARE YOU RUSKIES SUCH SNOW NIGGERS?

If I join, can I be a part of the holy war for Constantinople?

Already strongly considering joining regardless, just sort of want to know where the ball on that is, and if we can get it rolling.

Why hide you flag?

Does the EO church identify with that of the Byzantine Empire?

Paisios, right?

How many days out of the year do you observe a fast?

Get away from that meme flag. Why would we shout out a Latin phrase or glorify holy war? Nothing is holy about war, if that is what drives people to this faith by the amount of blood the Byzantines shed to protect Christians their entire army is practically holy. Damned be the Latin snake.

Yes the Elder Paisios foretold the prophecy, he said we would experience it in our lifetimes. I am ready to fight and die for my God to retake Constantinople

>slavic cargo cult shaman blesses the weapons of his tribe
>WE

You have to be so lost to think the proper attitude in our present situation is to attack fellow Orthodox Christians for seeking some unity with Catholics.

What did your babushka give to you on the 7th? I got lots of chocolates from cousins I didn't know I had.

Why do you continue to claim the Roman church believes in dual procession when we explicitly deny it?

Does this shit work?

Seriously, I want to know.

Or is it some confidence trick that makes you think that you are somehow less fucked than you probably are?

I want to convert to Eastern Orthodoxy. The closest church to me is a Serbian church. Will they take me? What do I need to do?

Absolutely. Which services do they do? Do they do vespers or vigil on saturday evening? If they just do Liturgy on Sunday, stroll in on sunday and after the liturgy in the hall, try to talk to people and be an annoying newbie and ask questions. Try to meet the priest and talk to him.

They'll take anyone. Usually what needs to happen is you go through a year or so of catechism and you'll be received into the Church via baptism or chrismation depending on your circumstance, past, the priest, etc.

How can you seriously claim to deny double procession out of one side of your mouth, yet profess the Holy Spirit proceeds from the Father and the Son out of the other???

catholic.org/news/hf/family/story.php?id=37200

Your theologians even use the Holy Trinity as a model for the family. I heard this ALL the time in Catholic catechism courses.

"As we reflect on the Holy Trinity one of the first things we notice is the inseparable relationship between the three distinct Persons who are the one God. The Father loves the Son, the Son loves the Father, and the Holy Spirit proceeds from the Father and Son. We might say that the life of the Triune God is the highest and supreme principle of familial relationship. "

Daddy loves mommy and mommy loves daddy so mommy and daddy have a kid. Father loves Son and Son loves Father so Father and Son spirate the Holy Spirit who proceeds ontologically from both. Can you not see how disgustingly sexualized your church sees the Trinity? It'd be blasphemous if it weren't so ignorant.

Thanks, OP.

stsava.com

Link related is the church. I'm looking on their site, and I'm seeing:

>Very Reverend Father Dragomir Tuba serves as ourparish priest.You cancontact Fr. Dragomir at the Church. Divine Liturgy begins at 10:00AM on Sundays and on feast days. Vesper Services begin at 6:00PM on Saturday evenings and on the evening prior to feast days.

So I guess I need to pop in one day at 10am. I really feel like for the past year or two that I've been called by God to become an Orthodox Christian. I was baptised a Catholic but I lost my faith somewhere along the way. But in the past five years and things that I've seen and happened in my life, I know that I've been wrong. I rejected Christ for so long but he hadn't left me, even though I'm an idiot and a sinner. But I want to be better.

I wanna be better too. I'm still attached to sinful habits that have built up over the years. Spiritual struggles are real.

I think it'd be great to pop into a vespers service too. There are no sacraments distributed during vespers, it's just evening prayers. It's also usually not as well attended, and usually attended by more devout people who have the time to get to services. I remember when I was converting years ago, I would go to vespers and go out to eat and hang out with people afterward. My priest encourages inquirers to come to vespers for that reason, it can be easier to meet people. That's not always the case b/c obviously more people are going to be at the Liturgy on Sunday, but it is not a bad idea.

Well thanks OP, I'm gonna get in there sometime soon. I appreciate the advice, man. I worked for Serbs before too for a long time, they are cool people. Should be fun.

interesting.

you'll get kicked out soon enough for your RACIST ways.

Yes, the Byzantine flag is now the flag of our church.

I'm not OP, but I'm glad you're going to check it out. I'll pray for you before I go to bed tonight. The local Serbian parish near me is great too. Very cool people. They roast a whole hog for Pascha and Christmas AND their parish feast day. Tons of fun.

He won't get kicked out for being raycist. Especially if he isn't acting like an aspie ranting about it all the time in public.