What are some other puddle deep and completely unsubtle anime that teens pretend to like to appear smart?

What are some other puddle deep and completely unsubtle anime that teens pretend to like to appear smart?

NGE, Ergo Proxy, Kara no Kyoukai

>Kara no Kyoukai

But the appeal of KnK isn't that it's deep, It's the characterization.

That's why you watch the movie not the novel so you won't comprehend what's going on noob

Been a while since I watched it, but I remember a whole lot of shoehorned philosophy. I think Nasu wrote it when he was in high school. Still, it came across as pretentious.

>What is a puddle deep, unsubtle screaming for attention thread ?

Same with NGE, people stopped calling it deep unironically a while ago

I loved when this board became discussion about what teens like instead of discussion about anime and manga

Is there a difference?

Maybe not to the autist who made this thread.

>a whole lot of shoehorned philosophy

You mean worldbuilding? Because KnK is one of the few Nasu's works that doesn't really dig deep into philosophy, aside from "don't kill people, ok?" and "it's better to live a quiet, ordinary life," which are lessons that do not really generalize to our universe considering the predicaments the characters find themselves into.

No it wasn't world building. It was philosophical dialogue.

Anything with "look how stupid and evil the bad guys are" in a serious film annoys me. Villains with conflict, reluctance, or justifiable motivation are a lot more compelling and interesting.

Love Live

Probably something like "the soul is the mind of the body before the body itself develops a consciousness and blah blah blah"

That ain't philosophy, that's just how the world works in the nasuverse.

I wouldn't phrase in such a cuntish, attention-grabby way, but the original Ghost in the Shell (1995 film, haven't got around to the manga) has really easy to grasp philosophy put across through really long and boring talking head sequences. I think I might even prefer Innocence's dialogue, which is nearly 50% "i quote philosopher now". Even SAC arguably gets in deeper on certain issues in a much less obnoxious way.

ITT: Sup Forums complains that anime have plots and dialogue

Revolutionary Girl Utena

>that teens pretend to like to appear smart?

No one thinks this is deep. In fact the best thing about it is how straightforward it is.

Angel's Egg

Did you forget the entire flying/floating thing in the first movie?
Or the stupid as fuck distinction between murder and killing

I would hardly call that 'philosophy', except perhaps the killing part, but ok.

Fuck you

so all anime

great

Sup Forums with a knockout observation