Would you still act morally if you didn't believe in god?

Would you still act morally if you didn't believe in god?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-kcAgVN1wGo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I act ethically and legally, so its fine. Ethics predates Christianity btw

If you need "God" to not be a complete faggot, then your retarded ass already failed.

>needing a sky daddy to keep you in check

Categorical imperative is a perfectly secular argument for morality.

What? Are you some kind of nigger?

No, why?

i dont believe in god but i believe in the golden rule and i do just fine

When you begin to understand what God is; your definition of 'moral' begins to change as well.
God is a checkpoint on the road; not the destination.

I have never needed an imaginary friend to discern reality...

I don't believe in god but still act morally. Morals are a social construct that change from country to country, generation by generation. Morality is subjective in the face of the universe, where chaos dictates the outcome of our lives.

No one really believes in god. Just be a good person. Tell someone if they drop something and don't notice. Let people out of the train car before you pile in. Look a cashier in the fucking eyes and hand them your money rather than put it on the table. Vote Oprah 2020. The little things.

Yes, but MOST people wouldn't. I understand that I am the exception and not the rule, religion is a glue that is necessary to hold society together. Man cannot stand a meaningless life.

>Reaction in an Age of Decadence:
youtube.com/watch?v=-kcAgVN1wGo

Atheists (and Christcucks too for that matter) should watch this.

Don't believe in God, and I still act morally. Religion is just ethics for dummies.

No I wouldn't be good at all, I'd try to get away with evil because I know in the end I'm going to die, in fact everyone's going to die so I might as well have fun doing what I want.

Human laws wouldn't convince me enough to be good and I don't feel like helping people when I know I'm going to die and none of this is going to matter in the end.

believing in god is not a requirement to live a good moral life.

spoiler alert: there is a god.

I dont believe in any deity that concerns itself with humans, but my upbringing has taught me to enjoy things that my society has deemed moral. But if these actions were suddenly considered immoral, I would still do them and enjoy them as well.

Describe your version of "moral"

No, because when I was an agnostic I was more of a piece of shit.

The Golden Rule predates abrahamic religions, and likely predates religions entirely. Both religious and secular moral systems are based on it.

This should demonstrate that morality isn't an aspect exclusive to religion.

No. It is not necessary to be intimidated by your religion in order to be a good person. That is why I could never really get behind any abrahamic religions. I would rather believe in a religion that rewards me with an afterlife with many possibilities from how you lived on earth. If you die a warrior you go to Vallhalla or the Folkvang, etc.

Experiencing ego death really solidified my faith. Having your sense of self dissolve and being left with only your higher virtues and values, I could also feel the energy of whoever I focused on. Nature is about balance, you can't tip the scale too hard either way or else nature'll throw you for a loop

I believe in God. He is kek.
He has no need for morals.

Then you have no purpose. For someone posting with a Natsoc flag you seem to not understand the ideals.

Unless you are shitposting, of course.

My own morals yes. Society's morals no.

Can you be more specific? I automatically do the "right thing", because it's literally the only thing I can do. That's why I do it.

Yes, because acting morally leads to good consequences and clean conscience.

I do it and I dont bealive in god but is part of the human dignity to have moral

>Ethics predates Christianity
Not on a large scale like today. Cultures were hedonistic and or oppressive by nature.

Morals are what make us Human. You can be moral and therefore Human without religion.

how do you have internet and how are you not dead yet

No. In fact, i have insanely immoral plans that i am in doubt about executing due to my understanding that God is possibly real

>Tfw i was more evil when i thought sky daddy was watching over me.
>Tfw i became less degenerate after becoming enlightened
>Tfw christcucks still believe theyre morally superior to me

I dont believe in religion nor culture. Only philosophy and empathy.

I don't believe in a god made up by semitic desert dwellers, because that feels "kind of" stupid.
But i respect christian traditions as the fundamental moral compass of our society.
I believe it's a part of human nature to be as moral and good as the circumstances allow you to be, so yes, I'm trying to do the right, moral things without being a believer in god.

Atheism is an intellectual sinkhole that leads to the downfall of civilizations the world over.

If you have evidence to the contrary, feel free to cite some sources.

I'm not sure god exists, and I act morally. It's called not being a nigger.

Yes. Morality isn't predicated on religion

God is just a set of values that you hold yourself to. Embodying the values of Truth and Love is the pathway to Heaven.