How can people enjoy this edgy garbage? This is so retarded, I can't get past the second episode

How can people enjoy this edgy garbage? This is so retarded, I can't get past the second episode.

It, as well as Deadman Wonderland, is one of those shows where I like every character except the MC. I hate shitty wussies like him.

keep watching then and maybe he isnt a wussie forever

He gets his shit kick in at the end user, its much worse in the manga. I actually felt bad for the poor guy.

>omg I can't eat humans or I'll be not a human anymore he is MY DEAR FRIEND I'm so sad this is so SAD CAN'T YOU SEE HOW TRAGIC THIS IS?!?????

Retarded writing.

Go to bed Tim

It gets better, then worse, then really bad, then kind of ok.

I've heard talk he gets raped in the manga.

Read the manga user, we both know how the anime scraps a lot of important shit like character development. Don't get me wrong, I actually got tired of that, but the ending in the manga is what actually got me. I would have given it a 10/10 if it ended at the moment, but the author really likes his nip bucks.

Not many shows end up with the MC getting wreck hard while crawling on the floor begging for the death blow to come.

Root A is complete shit topped with not being canon. Read the manga.

>watching the anime
There's your problem right there.

Just read the fist part. It's enough, got a decent ending. The second part is shit.

Because the anime is complete shit

Because edgy can be good, the tokyo ghoul anime is actually pretty tame, there are a lot of well animated and perfectly shot scenes that i still vividly remember.

As long as the edge doesn't become hilarious shock factor shit, i'm just glad it's not as bad as rezero or akame ga kill.

some dude who pretended to be him gets raped and executed

don't encourage him to read it, threads are bad enough as they are for re and this guy smells like he'd be a furutafag.

>CAN'T YOU SEE HOW TRAGIC THIS IS?!?????
Getting turned into a flesh eating freak where you can literally eat nothing else is fucking tragic dude.

Imagine never being able to eat all your favorite foods again. Also there are weirdos with magic weapons who want to kill you but food is more important desu

>watch this
>feel absolute zero sympathy for ghouls; they should all be fucking exterminated, even the "peaceful" ones in the coffee shop
Does the manga do a better job of making me give a shit about any of these fucking monsters?

>Does the manga do a better job of making me give a shit about any of these fucking monsters?
No, you might want to fuck some of them but ehhhh that's not really the same thing.

you're calling it edgey after ep 2 when it hasn't become edgey at all? also herei don't quite get the complaint? it's supposed to be a tragedy and you literally wrote something tragic in it and call that shit writing even though that's how anyone would react to it or possibly even worse, and you're trying to discredit it with caps and exclamation points which doesn't help your argument.

He probably should have just killed himself. I certainly would if I suddenly learned that I had to eat 12 people a year to survive.

The anime is total shit.
Manga becomes total shit.
Don't bother with it, especially the anime.

After watching Samurai Jack I decided to stick around on toonami to laugh at DB super and ended up watching this.

I honestly don't see why Sup Forums hates it, it seems like a decent quality run-of-the-mill vampire show.

I got to the end of S1 of the anime waiting for it to get good and instead it went maximum 7edgy9me nothing personell kid.

What do people see in this shit?

read the manga instead

Writing a character to be a genuine little-bitch isn't bad writing, it's just not favorable way to present a protagonist off on it's own.

The point of making your protagonist a bitch is to establish an easy place to allow character development. The problem is you need someone to substitute your characters uselessness and fuccboi motifs; someone useful and "cool" to win fights while the protag initially jobs.

Case and point Naruto did this with Sauce. Maybe it's nostalgia goggles but I don't remember anyone watching that show for Naruto himself, it was all about the Sauce because it was almost as if Kishi wanted you to hate Naruto as a means to eventually have you warm up to him through development (though given his shit writing ability it probably isn't).

In contrast, Deadman Wonderland had a constant fuccboi protagonist with nothing to develope him into someone you wanted to root for, beyond giving Shiro the dick.

Sup Forums hates it cause it popular, it is exactly as you described

That's like asking why you should sympathize with vampires in most vampire fiction.

You would normally hate them because they feed on humanity, but you can't drive yourself to take that morale standpoint because Vampirism in most fiction has more benefits than downsides.

>I would
You wouldn't, because you'd be better than you are now.

Finally someone else notices it

Is that also why they hate Attack on Titan? I avoided the series because while the premise seemed interesting at first it sort of autistically switched to focusing on some ancient feud between two different ethnic groups and land ownership or something rather than keep the giant zombies a mystery.

However tonight's episode had some impressive scenery and animation, I can't imagine why someone would consider that shit.

this was meant for

everybody knows it's shit. watch Owari no Seraph instead

>I avoided the series because while the premise seemed interesting at first it sort of autistically switched to focusing on some ancient feud between two different ethnic groups and land ownership or something
So you avoided it because of hearsay and didn't actually read it?
>rather than keep the giant zombies a mystery
People would just as easily complain that leaving it a mystery would be "lazy" or "a cop out". The Shifter reveal essentially guaranteed that the mystery would be unraveled anyway.

>beyond giving Shiro the dick
Weren't they technically canon in the last volume? Yeah she was in a coma but they both professed their feelings for one another.

>Based on hearsay
Yeah that and some brief wiki-article viewing, but also Sup Forums has been shitting on it since forever.

I just felt the idea that she show was focused on infiltrators/terrorists with the ability to transform into titans was a miss use of the original premise of zombie-like man eating giants that killed off humanity outside the walls of an entire country. I'll probably end up watching it but I'm just saying that they chose a strange plot path in regards to the surreal setting

You were rooting for him to fuck the deranged psychopath out of her the entire time, but he's such a fucking bitch it ruins the series. Also the lamest blood power.

I skipped from season 1 episode 1 to season 2 episode 2 due to my dumbassery and the only thing that felt off was that the characters were a bit more friendly toward eachother. Turns out nothing important had happened in all the episodes I skipped. I finished the show from there and go back and watch any of season 1.
point is, that show is shit and they kicked dirt for a whole season.

Toonami got TG a few weeks ago and someone mentioned that they went through 30+ chapters in only 4 episodes, so there's that.

Kek this post explains the whole plot perfectly. I'm gonna save it.

>Toonami
Even if you watch dubs there are assloads of websites and programs where you can watch them for free online. I'm sure there are even torrents for them. Why does Toonami even exist anymore?

That basically means the manga is full of shit that probably isn't worth airing.

There might have been character development in there, but it was probably needlessly strung out. Also, Ghoul justification is about the same as vampires, you trade off a health relationship with the rest of humanity in exchange for superior powers and longevity, to the point where once you have an underground society of them there is far less of an issue with being one.

They want to introduce more people into anime. Especially children who can't read sub or are too slow to follow.

Hello Chibi.

Okay, children I can understand. But I mean people over the age of 21.

>Whats the point of toonami
What's the point on television?

>hurr I have cool powers who cares if I'm a horrific monster that has to kill someone on a regular basis
Don't cut yourself on all that edge.

Cuz 99% of anime is school-shit and any deviation from the cliche is automatically put on a pedestal.

What's what I'M saying.

Watching shit shows with shit dubs with people at the same time > watching it on your own time

Shits pretty hilarious.

>Salt King

I would understand and even agree with that, if the "with people" in question isn't the cancerous shitpile that is Sup Forums.

Explain why vampire shit is such a massive and popular thing? The vile antagonistic vampire hasn't has a good movie since maybe 40 days of night, not counting the Fright Night remake.

It's obvious, because the cursed element took a back seat to the ever popular "modem vampire" where half of all the weaknesses don't exist and you live a luxurious life of being immortal, having an array of super powers and basically run shit through secret societies.

In completely realistic terms being a vampire or some other super-human cannibalistic entity is better than being human.

I bought the 14 tanks and went in blindly. its pretty good, specially when shit goes down in volume 7.

You may be surprised how many people above 20 haven't watched anime in their whole life. I have a friend around 21 or 25, he often watches anime on tv and he doesn't even know it comes from Japan. If it weren't for anime in tv there would be people who will never watch anime.

>Explain why vampire shit is such a massive and popular thing?
Twilight. Prove me wrong.

>Twilight
Are you underage? If anything it got big with Interview with a Vampire if not earlier. Anne Rice was the one to really push the "being a vampire is a life of orgies and fun but also anger because of your dead waifu" meme.

Because sometimes you need an idiot box to show you shit without putting in the effort.

Also pacing your shows is better than binge watching them.

And in this fiction the cannibalistic monsters are a bunch of fucking scumbags skulking around dark alleys and ripping innocent people apart for food. There's nothing glamorous or cool about it; yeah, you get super strength and shit, but that's not going to make your actual life any better. Also if you had any scrap of humanity left in you you would realize that being forced to kill someone every month is unacceptable and the world would be far better off with you dead.

I agree, even though I still believe somebody needs to rescue the license to DMW and Brotherhood it in the worst way.

It didn't go through 30 chapters, it just keeps skipping back and forth from shit that's early on to shit that's like three volumes later

You have a choice in who you eat though.

What was the point of having Kaneki join Aogiri Tree instead of just following the fucking manga. What the fuck were they thinking?