Hey, Sup Forums. Is there a term or phrase for this painful...

Hey, Sup Forums. Is there a term or phrase for this painful, empty feeling in my heart and stomach after I finish watching an anime? I don't watch a lot and it's annoying. What should I do?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saudade
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

thats just suicidal depression user, it has nothing to do with the anime

But it seems to only happen after I finish an anime season.

I know this feel, too. It's how you know you really enjoyed an anime. It feels terrible to be rid of it.

yeah that's called real life, and it sucks
better find a new show to watch fast to fill the void

I have really shit taste, any recommendations? I like both serious and lightweight cute stuff.
I suppose. I feel so lost, it's annoying.

Try Tamako Market for cute lightweight stuff.

yeah, its called "saudade"

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saudade

Ennui

Thats called hunger user. Get out of the basement and ask your mum for tendies before you crawl back to your childcave to watch more animu.

Why do I see so many people on the internet making a big deal about saudade being this feeling that can only be expressed in portuguese

yeah this is pretty much it
it goes away somewhere between the 50-100 shows mark
I haven't gotten that feeling in almost a decade

Do you even enjoy what you watch any more?

Thanks, I'll check it out.

That's pretty interesting, glad it has a name after all.

Same thing happens to me. When I like an anime, it takes me a lot longer to finish it because I don't want it to end

depends what I'm watching

I don't know about you senpai but I started getting it again once I stopped watching seasonal stuff and got back into working through my backlog

I have shows that I want to watch, find older stuff I never got around to (although this is pretty hit and miss), shows for which I'm excited to see the next episode, but I don't get that feeling any more when they end. Maybe it's because before, when I saw something that was really good, I felt like I'd never find anything like that again, or i missed seeing the characters I'd come to love, but now I feel pretty comfortable knowing that I'll find something else I can enjoy and just move on without feeling down.
If thinking about it like that doesn't work, I'd recommend trying to not be a little bitch.

Watch another one

Watch more anime

and the cycle continues

till you become a shut in NEET heavily dependent on anime and buying figurines and hating 3D as a protective measure

I think I'd still miss the feeling. It's a bad feeling, but a good bad feeling.

Pretty much what I've been doing.

Here's what I've finished (since losing my job, yippee). Warning shit taste:

OreImo (want to kill myself after finishing this shit anime)
Interviews With Monster Girls (want to kill myself because there isn't more)
Chaika (hated the 2nd season)
Hero Academy (gud)

There's a few more I'm blanking on right now.

exactly when did you start browsing Sup Forums?

He's asking for recomendations and blatantly claming to be a newfag in the OP, so not very long.

Lurk more, OP.

>OreImo (want to kill myself after finishing this shit anime)
I've got good news, user!

just dont ever finish an anime
45% of the anime i watch i stop 1 or 2 episodes from the end. that way i never feel emptiness or closure

This is literally the first time I have ever posted on here, and I lurk very rarely. I'm normally a Sup Forumsirgin, with zero posting and much lurking.

I also forgot to mention:

Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid (better than I thought it'd be)
blue exorist season 2 (it was alright)

what the hell? You've watched six shows and you think you can just come over here and post on our board? What is wrong with you?

saying you came from Sup Forums or Sup Forums is literally worse than saying you came from reddit at this point

Just, Lurk more. or go back if you can't handle a board with rules. thankfully your first thread wasn't a complete disaster

I always wondered why there wasnt a proper english term for "i miss something" feeling

It's natural for you to feel upset when you are so captivated by something and then it ends. People don't like being directionless. Line up more stuff for you to watch or other activities to do after you are watching.

I predict a lot of people having mental crashes in ~20 years when One Piece ends.

That should be a nice bookend to the mental crash they experienced at the beggining which allowed them to enjoy One Piece in the first place.

Sorry senpai, I promise I'll do better!
solid advice. Just wish there were more stuff with monster girls, those are my favorite kinds. Monster Monsume and Interviews were a nonstop absorb in order to get it all into my body. It was like going into a trance.

I truly wonder how people can handle reading something that somehow is worse than naruto

Expand your tastes now. I recommend hitting the acclaimed seinen stuff. Berzerk, Evangelion, GitS, JoJo, etc

Stockholm syndrome, user. Its been almost 20 fucking years

Before anime became my main hobby, I would always google "will x show get a new season" after finishing any anime. Now I just accept it ended and watch something else.

Also, some of my normalfag friends watched OPM after it finished airing, and all of them complained about it having just 12 episodes, so I guess it's a common feeling for anyone not used to the medium.

Ennui

yeah and once you fill up on that you can move on to stuff like non non biyori, k-on, yuyushiki, and yuri yuri. I'd almost envy you, if you weren't newfag Sup Forumsirgin trash. Make sure you watch 1997 berserk and watch the first episode last.
I'm pretty sure OPM is getting another season.

At least stuff like OPM and Monster Musume are ongoing. The real feeling hits when your favorite series is finally over, on all medium.

Really, they're making more Monster Musume? I remember spending like 2 hours after I finished trying to find something concrete saying they were making more.
I'm not a COMPLETE newfag, just to the board. I've seen all of JoJos (and read through up to 7 which I haven't started) and EVA, which I liked. But that's about it.

atleast OP is being a complete faggot

someone post the draft of a recommended watching/reading list. there should be a few there worth checking out

>they're making more Monster Musume
Besides the 12 anime episodes, 2 OADs got released rather recently, and there is the ongoing manga with a a few more chapters.

oh gosh, thanks for the heads up. Gives me something to look forward to. My friend keeps recommending Drifters. Worth checking out?

Drifters doesn't really get anywhere wirh it's 12 episodes. It was ok atleast, but there isn't much to it. You would be better of watching hellsing ultimate instead, same writer but it's finished.

hmm, thanks. The first episode was sorta interesting, but it didn't jump out at me.

It's good to always have more stuff waiting for you to watch. There's hundreds of older shows out there. Even if there's only one good show a season, you'll have like at least 80 shows to check out.

This, hellsing ultimate is better. Also one of very few animes i recomend the dub. The major is fucking awesome.

Thanks, I'll definitely check it out.
Yeah, I've got a few things lined up now. I think I'll put off Drifters right now, maybe I'll watch one more episode just to make sure. Not sure if I wanna go cute and relaxed or take a break from that kind and watch something actiony.