Watch any old anime recently, Sup Forums?

Watch any old anime recently, Sup Forums?

I've been watching Yu Yu Hakusho.

It's better than I remember it being. Despite some periods when its age really shows, I think its animation holds up when it counts.

The dub is still pretty good. The dialogue is funny and Yusuke's VA does an amazing job. Christopher Sabat as Kuwabara is definitely an acquired taste, though

>spoiler
but he's the best part

I'm not saying that he isn't amazing, but the first time around I definitely thought it was a bit silly.

That first episode made me tear up, especially with that performance from Sabat. He did a damn good job there

His fight against that 110% guy was god-level.

Evangelion if it can be considered old.
Also thinking in watching JJBA ova

Recently i started only watching old anime that i never got to watching such as Hokuto no Ken Ashita no Joe and all of UC Gundam and they are quite a lot more enjoyable than any new anime,even animation wise it didn't bother me at all.

I think the animation,shading and character designs may have been the best thing about them since i can hardly stand the bright colors and character designs of most recent anime.

>Watch any old anime recently, Sup Forums?
no, old anime sucks

look i like older anime but lets be honest here for a second. If you cherry pick the best anime and watch them of course its going to look better when compared to all the current stuff.

One of the best fights in the show IMO.

I watched Ghost in the Shell the other day. Beautifully drawn movie, but the idea behind it all kinda missed me. I'll probably rewatch it at some point to see if I get anything more out of it.

I recently watched through R.O.D. the TV, along with Patlabor the Movie. R.O.D. was fun but not quite as good as I remember. Patlabor wasn't bad but I felt that it just had a weak ending for whatever reason.

It's a good one to rewatch. I think that the key thing to keep in mind while watching, is that there isn't really a message to it all. Meant to provoke questions from the viewer rather than to give them answers. The dialog, which is I think the biggest hangup for anime casuals, seems less keen on making a point than it does to add texture, or flavour to the movie. It's unique in that it's an art film through and through, so making your own interpretations is encouraged and likely the key to enjoyment.

New anime sucks too

Got the Outlaw Star BD rips. The style is better in motion than with screenshots, but Melfina still looks odd to me.

No
Old anime is gay
lel

Started Mushi-shi yesterday. I love it so far. An anime where you can get through an episode without one scream is pretty rare these days, so I really appreciate the calm, subdued atmosphere. The art is incredible too, I'm only in the first (animated in SD) sesson but it still looks fantastic on my TV. 10/10.

>Also thinking in watching JJBA ova
Do it for D'Arby and DIO, if nothing else.

dumb crossboarder

>having 1 hobby

recently watched the dub for the first time and i thought it was pretty good as well

also watched evangelion and thought it was alright pretty overhyped desu

>not being intensely passionate about more than 1 hobby

Rewatch Eva in a year or two. Most people don't love it on their first run.

>having to complete a series two times to enjoy it

Finally got around to watching Gunbuster.
It's not flawless and some parts of the first half are kind of boring but I still found it quite enjoyable.

Ranma 1/2

Just finished up the first season of Black Lagoon. It was nowhere near as fun as I thought it would be. Parts of it were just plain boring. It finally picked up a little with the Roberta arc at the end, but up till then it was a bit of a slog. Slow, drawn-out conversations from characters who aren't even part of the main cast. Ending scenes at inappropriate places. Music that didn't quite fit the scene. It was kind of a mess.

I'll probably watch the second season, though, if only because I love Revy.

I got the opposite feeling after rewatching it, the anime was a lot better in my memories than it is in reality.

This

Everything after the dark tournament sucks