Why is almost every single mecha design besides the EVA's so absurd

why is almost every single mecha design besides the EVA's so absurd.

There so much useless shit cluttered around and it just doesn't make any sense from a practicality standpoint...

Other urls found in this thread:

mahq.net/mecha/votoms/atvotoms/atm-09-st.htm
youtu.be/0HqvAFd4gVE
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SuperRobotGenre?from=Main.SuperRobot
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RealRobotGenre?from=Main.RealRobot
www2.gogoanime.tv/break-blade-episode-1
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Mecha is about being cool not practical you fuck

This. Who the fuck watches or likes mecha for practicality?

tell me this doesn't look fucking retarded... There are even much MUCH worse offenders

I agree to an extent but yeah, there is definitely a point where it's just too retarded to ignore

The hip wings always kinda bothered me.

Dunno, goon mechs in both FMP and Geass are pretty practical as far as mechs go.

Watch more than 1 mecha you stupid idiot.

Did they make it look like a toad on purpose

What the fuck?
Out of all the mecha you could describe with that, why pick the Eva?

Because he's either a newfag, or he's trying to pretend to be one by using babby's first mecha.

is pic related supposed to be more practical than an eva?

are you stupid?

The Eva is full of unnecessary garments that provide no tactical advantage whatsoever

>hurr it holds back the power of the unit
What a great idea, restrain the power of the only machine that can kill the beings trying to wipe out humanity.
>>B-BUT THEY DON'T WANT IT TO ACTUALLY SAVE THE WORLD FROM ANGELS
Even less reason to restrain it.

From a tactical standpoint EVA-01's design is a piece of trash.

I like how the mechs in FMP were, not over designed and they resemble actual modern military equipment and arms.

I think so but that's what I kind of liked about it as well. The bulky and tank-like look is nice.

fucking Sup Forums talked about mecha stuff always maximum cringe

And i guess you are an expert on this tactical thing, post a picture with an example of a tactical mech and not just parrot something somebody else said.
As an added point in most warfare scenarios a mech is the least tactical thing you could use, mechs have no place in warfare outside sci-fi.

new fags do not know eva is not mecha

That's neither practical nor cool, though.

Why are you responding to him when OP was the one who brought up the whole "muh practicality" thing? I'm almost certain will agree with you about mechs making no sense in reality.

Everyone knows fuck face, what other term would you want us to use?

>acting like he knows,still asks for a name

top kek

dat waist

>There so much useless shit cluttered around
Like what?

They restrain the power because they can't control it otherwise, it may attack them.
Also posting coolest and most practical Eva.

>What a great idea, restrain the power of the only machine that can kill the beings trying to wipe out humanity.
But you're forgetting that said machine also has the power to end humanity

guncannon best mecha

>machine

why are newfags so stupid.

Speaking of which, here's the latest mecha power chart from /m/.

definitely some cute lips

really?

Not seeing the problem here

oh sorry, you're probably stupid

>calling other people stupid,calling eva a mecha.

ironic

I feel like its wearing robot sneakers and someone is going to grab it by those little handles on its shoes and spin it around in circles

Not an argument, but thanks for the (You).

>Implying Eva's mech designs aren't absurd

>really?
>posts a pic of stuff he doesn't understand

Yeah look at this fucking thing. Look at all that useless shit.

nobody cares you fucking aspie, kill yourself

Not him, but the EVA-01 also has that.

>caring enough to respond.
>caring enough to act mad about it

why are you a retard that does not understand what not caring is,nor what a mecha is?

the Guymelaf looks so cool though, it must lead a pretty sad existence if it can't even against a Zaku though

I finally replied to you after your 3rd...
>LE NEWFAGS THINK EVA'S ARE MECHAS!!! XDDDD
I care enough to tell retards like you to fuck off, god you're stupid

>caring enough to respond.

See user, you have to understand, when people say they don't care about a topic, that means they don't give a fuck about the details of that topic, not about giving a fuck about telling you they don't give a fuck about the topic.

The more you know....

How the hell are Metal Gears more powerful than Gundams?

You know what I mean
That's not a eva unit

gundams don't fire nukes

>newfag shittalking THE most pratical mech
goddamn Sup Forums keep your younglins educated

chart is retarded.

mods, delete this thread at once

We try, they don't listen damnit.

you are fucking retarded

There are no mechs in Eva.

I still can't unhear the whirling sound
WRIIM WRIIM

it has a belt buckle on its shoulder. A FUCKING BELT BUCKLE

bi-peds is automatically it not practical fag

trips confirms it you newfags Delete this thread!

Satan confirms no mechs in EVA. How fitting.

Have you ever seen a belt buckle in your life?

any /m/ates feel like doing a few sorties in Verdict Day

You are a dead set idiot if you think Gundams have more destructive capacity than Metal Gear Rex.

user, that is for lifting the thing for maintenance and maybe even for lifting the arms in place so on.

It really is a practical design and I advice you to watch the series and play the games to stay on even ground.

Gundams are more mobile and they can fly.
Also Turn A Gundam.

They're just knights, they're going to lose to anything with weaponry more advanced than a sword.

You are out of your mind if anything in the Metal Gear universe has a hope of surviving a Burning Finger

>bi-peds is automatically it not practical fag
What you in, a goddamned rocket wheelchair?

An Eva is not a mech. It's a giant humanoid wearing armor.

Newfags don't care,they don't know what an angel is,nor the symbolism of the ending,they probably only watched one episode

>eva is super deep! barely anybody besides me understands the blatant screaming symbolism in the show

Jet Alone, nigger.

No where did I say it was deep and hard to understand.Thanks for comfirming newfags can barely read,follow story telling,think all symbolism is deep.

For all intents and purposes, Eva units are mecha.

you're supposed to put spaces after your commas btw you fucking retard

>uses a blinged-up non-canon Yui design to say this

Charts like that measure destructive capacity, idiot.

1. Move this thread to /m/
2. If you think eva units are the most practical and simple mecha designs you clearly don't know anything about mecha, eva units are pretty over-the-top compared to most real-robot designs.

>gundams don't fire nukes

These things are fantastic piece of art, easily one of the most practical designs that deal with almost every mecha meme, the only thing you might dislike about it is why not axes.

>Complains about all non-Eva mecha designs being cluttered
>Posts an overly cluttered redesign of Unit 01

Evafags need to be killed.

>is almost every single mecha design besides the EVA's so absurd.
>There so much useless shit cluttered around and it just doesn't make any sense from a practicality standpoint...

You sound like an inexperienced mecha fan just barely scratching the suffice dipping into the pool of mecha anime

Let's get real here faggot tell me your age so I can fill you in on all the other mecha anime in-between Eva with uncluttered shit designed that you never heard about before, an- WHAT HAVE YOU SEEN NOTHING ELSE!?
>I'll steer you in the right direction if you can trust me

OP you still there?

Scope Dog design are rugged primitive an get the job done an have farther xuperior power unit than that of the Eva's

mahq.net/mecha/votoms/atvotoms/atm-09-st.htm

>A FUCKING BELT BUCKLE

Wow, so impractical, I'm sure that piece would never show up on real vehicles, it serves no purpose.

>Robot Carnival - A Tale Of Two Robots
youtu.be/0HqvAFd4gVE

Shut the fuck up you little nerd.

The ones who can tell the difference in mecha anime settings of the two main divisions of Genre of Mecha is usually divided into.

>Super Robot Genre
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SuperRobotGenre?from=Main.SuperRobot

an

>Real Robot Genre
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RealRobotGenre?from=Main.RealRobot

Can you even tell from this list which shows would fall into what category?

>real robot
>implying every mecha isn't a super robot
But then again you linked tvtropes so your post was bound to be retarded.

>you linked tvtropes so your post was bound to be retarded
Did you even try to read to read anything, what could be more "retarded than ignorance" I'm not some meme spewing chuckle who's trying to misguide you.
>implying every mecha isn't a super robot
Yes, there are Mecha anime shows out there that take a science fictitious approach to there narrative?

>No Armor Hunter Mellowlink

What the fuck

Surely you are trolling, there are quite a few mechs from the Gundam series who's design makes sense

>Armor Hunter Mellowlink
>please read the file top
>please understand Armor Trooper Mellowlink is part of series Armor Trooper Votoms as a whole not an individual.

Damn I think I remember an user bringing up Armor Trooper Mellow Link on occasion around here you really live mellow link hu?

Here Is a Nice one you could appreciate Op please enjoy.

www2.gogoanime.tv/break-blade-episode-1

>There so much useless shit cluttered around and it just doesn't make any sense from a practicality standpoint...

Because mecha are fucking stupid in the first place, so you might as well go over the top with your designs instead of making a purple giant human.

>Did you even try to read to read anything
Read description of real robot and tell me why Getter Robo fits it while being on picture next to super robot description. Reading anything on tvtropes is a waste of time because both community and the site are retarded.
>there are Mecha anime shows out there that take a science fictitious approach to there narrative
Yeah like Getter Robo amirite, it's my favorite scifi mecha after all, "realistic" description of fantasy world is still description of fantasy world mate.

>Boss Borot on top
This is certifiably accurate.

Why is Mark 06 so hot? Why couldn't we see Kaworu actually piloting it?

Wasted fucking potential.

Valzacard is more powerful than Banpreios?

What game is this?

Is that a custom Hidolfr?

So what's EVA, then?

And for that matter, any of the other shows that are an explicit critique of the real robot genre?

>Claiming mecha designs make any practical sense in general against modern long-range kinetic weaponry.

Their design is basically "how many weak points can I stuff on this thing"

At least murderspheres kind of make sense.