So it's only a matter of time until we get a Persona 5 anime...

So it's only a matter of time until we get a Persona 5 anime. We all know how badly A-1 Pictures fucked up the P3 and P4 anime. So how can they make a P5 anime that's actually good?

I haven't watched any of the persona anime. How did they fuck up?

Did P3 get an anime? I know they got the movies.
P4's anime was ehhhhh.

It's the thing with adapting a game into an anime.
A lot gets cut out, or it's shortened so much that you lose a lot of important information. It loses a lot of the good parts and tries to make a great story with the tiny chunks it has left.

Same thing happened with Danganropna and its anime adaptation.

Very truncated story with shitty animation. Multiple bouts of QUALITY. It's always recommended to lower your expectations when watching an A-1 Pictures anime, except of course for Shin Sekai Yori, which was fucking brilliant.

I quite like the original P4 anime. Golden is the real shitshow

Yeah, for P3 it was the movies. The problem though is that P3 the game has aged horribly compared to P4 and P5, so you're actually better off watching the movies.

Yeah, I get what you mean.
I have the original PS2 copy instead of the FES copy, and from what I've seen with the movies (not watched them yet), everything seems to be a lot better.

Don't get me wrong, I love P3, but the game has aged horribly. Shame when it came out, it was revolutionary in areas.

Agreed. The first P4 anime wasn't too shabby but the Golden anime was awful.

Anime Yu Narukami singlehandedly justifies its existence

The best way they can go about making a P5 anime is by making it an original story from P5's writers that takes place after the end of the game. They should also get Production I.G to animate it and get a competent director like Mamoru Oshii.

I liked it well enough.

The biggest problem with P4A was that the animation was terrible.

P4G should have just been full of fun social link stuff, but it was MUH MARIE

I was fine with the P3 films

Nah, the start of P4A was rushed as fuck, and everytime Kanji was in scene it always ended up being :"He's gay! Let's laugh at him!". But yeah, from Seiji kishi's adaptations this was the least butchered. I shudder just thinking about Devil Survivor 2.

The anime had its moments though

I want to see anime joker

I don't know why they did it, but this was the best thing to come out of that anime.

P5 has a crappy premise.

better than p4

this

>Modern Lupin III mixed with Persona
>crappy premise
Here's your (You).

in what way?

in the sense that everything in p5 is better than in p4

>reforming criminals by having a battle
>bad guy starts confessing everything the second they are confronted
its more like ace attorney mixed with Persona

>time to button mash

I just hope that anime Joker won't be boring.

>I shudder just thinking about Devil Survivor 2.
What they did to bunny was a crime against humanity.
They make the most fun autist, into fucking Shinji.
If they really wanted to do edgy grimdark bullshit they should have done DeSu1.
Desu1's story is way better for an anime adaption and the tone they set for the desu2 anime would have fit DeSu1 better.

On a scale of 1 to 10, how smug is the P5 MC?

the smuggest

10. Joker is Atlus own version of Lelouch.

How does his smug autism compare to bunny?

Its A-1. It wont be good if its made by them.

Who should make it then

12/10

SHAFT
H
A
F
T

Literally anyone else but them, deen and shaft

...kek

It's like he didn't play the game or something. Holy shit that guy should've been put down for not giving us RAINBOOOOWWW.

I still don't understand why we got a DeSu2 anime and not DeSu1. I want anime Naoya.

I will enjoy this game very much.
when it finally arrives I ordered it 3 fucking weeks ago jesus how much longer will it take playasia?

Why did you order from playasia

Yeah I like it when the have dialogue options that are goofy or make the character you're playing as a smartass.

I love Haru and Futaba because they're the two girls that dont mind if you bantz with them. Meanwhile Makoto gets her panties in a knot if you joke around with her like if you pick the option shown here

Because fuck my country since I couldn't find it in any stores in my city or online webstores from my country except for the 100 bucks preorder edition and a digital copy on psn.
I like having physical copies of my games and the play asia site says that it would take only 4 to 5 work days and here I am.

the final Persona 3 movie is kino though

Nah, when you romance Makoto the best options are the ones where you get her flustered

The problem with most megaten protagonists are that they're all silent selfinserts. If they ever bothered to give the MC a personality in the adaptationa they would be better.

There isn't much to draw from the games because the player character basically has three dialogue options evey time: Normal/Badass/Autistic

I think P4 did a good job at characterizing the protagonist as a weird goofball

I'd say that P5 did a pretty good job of defining Joker despite him being silent.

Yeah but they kinda just dialed his autism up to 11.

This is a gripe I have with Persona too, but I think that at least giving a more detailed backstory to Joker was a push in the right direction. Maybe something will change in Persona 6? (pfft).

I really really liked the fishing gag

They went too far with the facial expressions, giving him a speaking role and dialogue options. He shouldn't have been a silent protagonist.

They should have done it like P2 and gave Joker a name and backstory as oppose to making him silent (which is funny considering how much he talks throughout the game)

I would've liked them to give him a name too, although I think he has a canon name outside the game

Akira Kurusu is just the manga name. Atlus won't give him a canon name until the first spin-off or anime.

I liked him, he definitely felt like an eccentric city boy adjusting to country life.

Joker's characterization is kinda all over the place and he doesn't work as a silent protagonist like Makoto did. I guess that's what happens when you get Jun Fukuyama to voice your MC.

It'll probably be changed for the anime like Yu (Souji in the manga) and Makoto (Minato in the manga)

>P4
>A-1
Wot? I thought it was AIC?

You're right. A-1 only made Golden, AIC made the first anime

I hope they give some screentime to the Shibuya hobo assassin, just having Joker talk to him once and hear his crazy ramblings would be enough.

The black foreign barker needs to show up in the background during a nighttime Shibuya scene. He could easily be shoved in since Iwai's Confidant takes place at night.

I'm down for more of hearing FukuJun's sexy voice.

KORE DA!

I can't wait to see the animated version of the prelude to the Kaneshiro palace and Makoto getting bullied by every single character, including her own sister, for a whole episode.

In the anime, I expect the P5 MC to be named after a famous Japanese historical figure known for taking part in a rebellion.

YOSH

If anything, they will probably name him after some concept related to rebellion and freedom.

just wait until his canon name is abraham lincoln, spelled out in english.

Or Jamal-kun.

Doesn't matter, he already called Joker anyway.

>a famous historical figure known for taking part in a rebellion.
His name is going to be Lelouch

SHOUTAI WO MISERU

He's a pretty cool dude

AMAI TE

Will we get to see best girl animated?

If only this showed her feet. Shame, would have made for a good poster.

P4 was great

Ryuji was apparently named after this guy (except his name is Ryoma) so there's precedent.

GORO IS THE TRAITOR