Living in Hawai'i

How is it living there? I'm curious about life in Hawaii and if it's really worth moving there from the mainland. Pros and cons and is it really that expensive to live in?

Oh its not so bad. Just got a text from our early nuke warning system. Pretty chill.

Great for meth and hookers. Not much else.

In about 4-5 hours you can find everything Hawaii has to offer.

I was stationed oh Oahu. Traffic 24hrs a day. Rains at least for a little bit every fucking day. Dirty. Tons of Chickens running wild everywhere. Everything is expensive. Humid as fuck. Every beach is full of people.
It's completely fucking overrated. I was so happy to get off that stupid fucking rock.

Pretty nice if you grow up here

A lot of people hate it if they move in from the mainland since it’s expensive to live here and if you don’t have a lot of money

Been to Oahu 6 times. This guy nailed it.

I stayed in the Hilton by Waikiki beach

It’s a shithole
>humid as fuck
>everywhere outside of Waikiki is poor as shit, looks kind of like Brazil
>natives are genetic trash
>everything is expensive as fuck
>wild chickens and pigs running around everywhere
>only 25% white
The white settlers should of ethnically cleansed that island.

I visited Kona last year. Compared to DC, everything cost about the same except for gas which was about $1/gallon more than the mainland. The Big Island seemed pretty chill.

>looks like Brazil, shiiiiiettt

>early nuke warning system
What good is that?
Is there a good place to hide from a Nuke?
lol

I've visited Kauai twice. It's pretty rural, generally fairly poor, but some very nice rich areas on the northeast of the island. There's basically one road that goes around the island except for the very north part, and everyone drives 30 mph on it. Nothing is expensive, nothing is super luxurious or nice, there's the usual mini-villages of beach bums living in tin shacks, but the weather is great, the scenery is gorgeous and there is no stress. Sometimes I daydream about leaving my stressful corporate job and living there for a few years. I would probably go out of my mind with boredom if I actually did it though.

Come on that pineapple plantation ice cream is the shit! Hale Koa to get away from local trash.

yah its good but its just fucking icecream.

The Southern Hemisphere

Pros: nice beaches, sun, relaxing life
Cons: some burn from nuclear warfare.

Meh.. it is decent enough.

This is pretty spot on for Oahu, the other islands besides Maui are great though.
t. Hawaiian travelling through Europe right now

I assume you are a big fucking samoan mother fucker, how are Europeans treating you?

I've been too Hawaii and literally everyone bitches about the accommodation costs and food prices. Also outside of Honolulu every is either a red neck, other low class white or a dirty spic.

Would not recommend. USA destroyed Hawaii and the culture is all fake and corporate.

The big island is either fake golf course condos, spic ranch land, fucking posting it down with rain or a swamp.

The landscape is amazing but the people are trash tier who do things like walk around with music blaring from their shitty phone speakers.

People are usually nicer than in other states, just avoid the more gheto parts of the island. I mean it's not as gheto as Detroit but yeah. It's a decent state to live in

Nah I'm actually white lmao but Europeans are pretty nice but can be dickheads. All shocked to meet someone from Hawaii though.
True Big Island people are straight up mokes especially around Puna district. Kauai was the best of all the islands to me anyway and the locals aren't too trashy either.

then you aren't hawaiin you haole faggot

was there 6 months ago brother. Kauai is indescribable.

Just avoid the Samoans aka ocean niggers

>People are usually nicer than in other states

Don't know if they hate brits but we found the opposite. No-one seemed to care about being nice, not even half the waitresses. One was so rude and shit we didn't even tip.

Hawaiian resident then ya dickhead. I maybe a haole but I was born there.

I live on Oahu. Wouldn't recommend it. Too many people, nobody knows how to drive, everyone drives lifted pickup trucks for some reason and can't park properly. Too many military fags, too many brown people, city is dirty as fuck, tons of homeless, methheads, etc...

As for the other islands, I've only been to Kuaui. If you wanted to get away from the hustle and bustle and just live a chill life you should visit there...

can confirm
I lived on kauai for 4 years building my inlaws vacation home. it was glorious. absolutely no sense of urgency for anything.

Oahu kind of sucks, and Honolulu is a shithole, especially the really touristy spots. Nowhere else in Hawaii matches your description (aside from the rain, chickens, and meth).

Still, it gets kind of old living on a fucking island, and unless you're down with the locals or have a lot of money, it's not that great.

I would move to Kauai in a heart beat man

Shhh. Don't fucking tell people to move to Kauai.

Haha, I just heard about it. They said it was an accident, that's one hell of a fuck up. That's democrats for ya. How's the meth problem going?

On a side note, my buddy is a pilot out there. He crashed a plane a few years back, he and the passengers survived and he's proud of it, but be careful taking private planes, he's a also a huge stoner.

shouldn't this thread be on /bant/?

It's fun to go to an event and hear the slack key guitar band singing about driving the hoele back to the mainland, or seeing your shitskin neighbor's pickup truck with a Go Home Hoele bumper sticker. Or see infrastructure improvements picketed because the developers didn't pay off the Hawaiian people for the right to build a tunnel or bridge that will ease congestion on land that hasn't been theirs for over a hundred years.

I lived on Kauai for over 10 years. It's like living in a turd world country where the natives hate you.

That horseshoe shape the main road makes was going to get a tunnel to connect the top ends together. The "locals" (mostly fatass "portagees" mongrels) picketed it. Kauai was going to get a ferry to make island hopping and freight cheaper, the locals picketed it.

There are beaches that you can't go to because the piece of shit locals will attack you, and their cousin is the sheriff and their inbred uncle-brother is on the city council so if you fight back you're the one who will go to jail.

Expensive as fuck and the natives aren't particularly fond of mainlanders. Basically overrated as fuck unless you want to surf that badly or something.

Dumb haole.

It's alright. Just don't live in the ghetto and stay away from Samoans

>hurr mainlanders are dumb
>p-please use your amazing ballistic missile system to save me from the koreans mister white man, oh please!

Fuck off moke, you want scrap?

>not reading Hawaii by James Michener and enjoying the convoluted cultural history that Hawaii has while following generations of white settlers into the present

Its a great book user please read it

On the bright side malasadas tasted better than standard doughnuts and proper shave ice is ten times better than slush

The other (((Hawaiian))) food is just oversalted pork or other commersialised tat. The prices are insane well. I could buy 9 large muffins for $5 but fresh food was more expensive.

Not surprised they are all fat fucks.

The best way to improve Hawaii is to fill it to the brim with boomers, driving all the locals out of the market and shuffling them off to Las Vegas.

To be fair Americans did shit on Hawaii for years. Forcing Hawaiians to forget their culture and generally saying gibmedats or we bring the army in and take it anyway.

Not surprised they hate you.

Lmao pretty good
Rich coming from a Brit but sure bud whatever you say

don’t come here. it’s for your own good. this is the average person that thinks they’re gonna just come here and make it.

>brit
You have absolutely zero room to talk fagwad. Where the hell do you think we got that from?

Hawaiians fucking love Britain.

>Help Kamehameha I control the islands.
>Based their kings on ours.
>Adopted church of England values.

It's the yanks they hate.

O we fucked countries, do you want me to say sorry? If you murder someone you can't say

>Well X killed more people.

Hawaii is all your fault, own it.

I never said they didn't like Britain, it's common knowledge they do and that the monarchy loved you guys, I mean they even put your flag on theirs but I was saying Britain did the same thing to every single place their empire touched.

Hawaii-bro here, born and raised. The main pro of living in Hawaii is it's fucking beautiful. The natural scenery is on another level. If you're like me and enjoy shit like hiking, fishing, surfing, diving and the like, it's the best place. It is expensive as fuck to live here though. I work in high end real estate, mainly selling luxury condos to asian businessmen, so I live comfortably, but the cost of living is fucking most residents over. Most jobs are low paying (tourism, etc) with no substantial career path. Most basic goods are more expensive because they have to be shipped in by boat. Add in rich people from the mainland/Asia buying up land for vacation homes driving up home prices and creating a housing shortage and you get a pretty shitty situation.

Also having a good laugh at the assblasted haole transplants in the thread. It's not because you're white (I'm actually haole as fuck myself, family immigrated from Germany after WWI), it's because you're mainlanders. Locals can sniff that shit out.

We should have let the Japanese invade so that they could have ethnically cleansed the place and then we could have come back for it later.

They are expensive because they can't hold industry on the island. I assume because the natives won't let them/ are useless workers.

Fucking cattle ranch ships the cow to the mainland to me killed and then ships the beef back.

That's retarded.

I was there for two months on a ship. this is an absolutely spot on description of Oahu. It sucks. We should go back to 49 states. The only good thing is that once in a while the Magnum PI helicopter will fly over you.

Lived in Oahu for 3 years and loved it. The North side is great for beaches - not too crowded and clean and chill. Yeah it's more expensive than some places but I came from OC, Cali and didn't find much difference outside of Waikiki. The people/local culture were awesome - the food was awesome - and there are loads of really hot chicks.

The economy sucks though. If you want a decent career you have to leave.

>using California as a frame of reference
o p i n i o n d i s c a r d e d

>They are expensive because they can't hold industry on the island. I assume because the natives won't let them/ are useless workers.

I think this is wrong on a number of levels. Lack of industry doesn't make the cost of living expensive. If the economy was better and more people were buying homes, that would drive the market up. Right now the high housing market is due to large amounts of foreign investors pumping huge amounts of money into the real estate market, but spending very little time on island contributing to the economy. One of the developments I worked on in 2016 sold around $300 million worth of condos, arount 80% of the buyers were non-residents.

The real problem with Hawaii's economy is isolation. Why would you run your business in Hawaii when you could run it anywhere else? Opening your business in Hawaii immediately limits your market size, which makes it undesirable. People have tried really hard to bring new industries to Hawaii but they just can't get the critical mass required to make it work. Also the basic cost of land jacks up your bottom line. That's why local agriculture isn't price competitive with produce shipped in.