Initial D

Why did the fifth stage shit the bed?

I love the series, and I love cars, but when it became nothing but races for Project D and technical talk; and lost a lot of Takumi hanging with friends, discovering life, etc. etc. it almost lost me. I'd say it dropped off after Third Stage.

I'm watching third stage right now, it's pretty good, but Mogi is still a slut who pleases old men for money.

Because barely anyone was watching it, especially since it was only available through a shitty satellite PPV service.

I started watching this show recently and can't help from laughing at everything the characters say, is this normal or did Eva just break me?

The people they were racing left no impact.

Everything past 3rd stage was shit, but 5th > 4th

Was Shinji supposed to be Takumi's long lost brother?

I wish Wangan Midnight wasn't shit, the cars are so much better than the shitboxes in Initial D.

A suicidally dangerous 240Z that makes 666hp and was sent to be crushed because it was "evil" > a fucking Corolla

Quick rundown on why it sucks?

It's just boring, honestly. The music does nothing for me, unlike Eurobeat which is utterly fantastic for racing.

Ryosuke's dumb dreams and shit.

That said
I AM SUPER HERO

By that point it wasn't even about drifting, just dumb racing.

Dropping Mogi and Kyoko was a mistake, Akina Speedstars deserved better, Fujiwara zone was bullshit, Shinji being a pre Project D Takumi was a good gimmick to flesh out our favourite autistic tofu deliverer's progress and how people felt when Ryosuke got beaten on Akina but was poorly executed "MUH WINGS"

Not having a final rematch between Takumi and Keisuke was a crime, especially after being cockteased for the whole duration of the manga.

It felt like it always had that direction, but the fact that Ryosuke's motivation were never hinted before made it like "muh Kaori" came out of nowhere. Which probably did.

LIKE A WARRIOR NOW IN ACTION

>Not having a final rematch between Takumi and Keisuke
>Dropping Kyoko

Finished stage four tonight and now I don't think I can finish it. Just fuck my shit up senpai.

I want more anime with cars

MISHFIRIN SYSTEMU

5th stage was boring because instead of using cool tricks to win it was just dagumi magic or whatever they called it.

I don't know who said it last time but I really like the idea of just scrapping Kaori and making it about Ryosuke wanting to perfect his theory and teach people and shit. Kaori stuff came so out of nowhere I was never able to associate her with everything that happened.

Kyoko a cute she was the best I hate Keisuke's gay ass, I would do anything to give her happiness.

I AM PERFECT HEERO.

Because there was no best boy Shingo.

I took like a 2 month break after ending stage 4 because I too didn't want to end it. I watched hajime no ippo in the meantime and then watched the last 2 stages. They're not unwatchable desu but they're not on par with the first 4

Third stage is where it started to get worse and worse.

>people actually hate everything after 2nd Stage
Spoken like spergs who can't relate to anything in the real world. You people need everything to stay in the comfy zone of working at a gas station for dozens and dozens of episodes. Maybe if you actually had hobbies that require an increasing level of detail the more you get into it, you would like the later episodes more.

>Captcha: Select all gas stations

Mogi relationship was handled better in the manga

Nothing beats the first stage. Since the mountain pass never changed you felt right at home with it and got to learn all its quirks.

>11 hours
>24 replies
OP let it die man

first stage was best

2nd stage ending was comfy

3rd stage pacing was shit

4th stage had most skilled opponents

5th was carried by keisuke and ryosuke

final was hype actually, dunno what u spergs are mad about

best races was takumi vs nakazato (1st stage), takumi vs tomo the ek9 pro (4th stage), keisuke vs god foot (4th stage), ryosuke vs rin (5th stage)

solid 8/10 imo

>Fifth Stage
Why were you even watching after that abomination Fourth Stage?

it's so weird that anyone was expected to care about this dumb slut

GUESS WHO'S READY CAUSE I'M WAITING FOR YOU

>dogumi
I chortled

What? Most people hate it because it became more about cars than a slife of life gas station with nakama anime?

Fucking faggots. 4th stage was the best.

Maybe because it was the 5th season about cars racing to eurobeat with a bit of teenage drama in between

People always say they prefer one stage over another or that at some stage the whole series went to shit. I don't feel that way, every stage has some cool battles or racing trivia that I find interesting. Now, the new legend movies are truly objectively trash.

Anyway, Shigeno should write a prequel about Bunta's early days and how the drifting scene took off in Japan. It would explode

I read the manga for 1st stage, skipped to the latest chapters and turns out they're still mountain racing?

Why didn't they go pro?

???
The manga ended 4 years ago

chinese animators

>5th state
>better than god foot
confirmed for shit tastes

4th Stage was GOAT.

1st was pretty awesome too but the production quality was ass.

The first half was just Takumi wank, skipping Keisuke's races. Stage two ending led me to believe Shingo and Nakazato would be on the team as well. Was very disappointed in that regard.

>final was hype actually
>almost loses to 1st stage takumi
lol!

If final stage was against Keisuke it might've actually been good