Your next president

20-year-old from Florida says he plans to "have some fun" after being named sole winner of a $451m (£330m) lottery jackpot.

Shane Missler matched five numbers and a bonus ball to scoop the fourth largest win in the US game's history.

He opted to receive a one-time payment of $282m, instead of the full amount over a longer period of time

Other urls found in this thread:

immowelt.de/expose/2GFDP4F
investopedia.com/terms/t/timevalueofmoney.asp
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

He's going to be broke, dead or both in under 5years.

Fool, he should have taken the payments he would have been able to structure things in a way to avoid more taxes

>giving your name out
>admitting lump sum
Have fun with that.

#YOLO

>took one-time payment

Why do people do this?

>Took one-time payment.
Can someone tell me the advantage of only getting half of the money you won?

Larger piles of coke. More whores more often.
>Go broke sooner.

celtics fan, thats a pro white basketball team.
LARRY BIRD FOR LIFE!

I guess they don't want the gov't to take care of their money for 20 years.
>Don't worry, bruv. We gotchu.

meanwhile i still have 3 years of college and 35+ years to work
hell yeah

no sense of delayed gratification

you get more money if you take the lump sum and put it into the safest fucking investment account by the time you would get all your money in smaller payments.

Maybe he plans on killing himself in 5 years.

You also have more immediate investment opportunities, and after paying the initial tax (resulting in a lower payout) it's yours to do with as you please. You're also not dependent on receiving payments from a system that may not be able to pay you in the next 20 years. Better to take it and run the moment you can, IMO.

I believe if he took 100mil of the money he got and invested it he’d make more in the long run than if he would’ve taken yearly payments, than he still have a shit load left over to duck off with

>you get more money if you take the lump sum and put it into the safest fucking investment account by the time you would get all your money in smaller payments.

this. And this doesn't even count the fact that if you take the smaller payments, you are losing value to inflation. The Payment plan is a jewish trick always take the lump sum

I would do it too. If the government becomes insolvent you can bet lotto winners won’t be getting their payments. Plus he can take his lump some and immediately have a financial planner put 95% of it into bonds stocks and funds.

Fact check: Incorrect
He's White!
The only reason niggers go broke is because they're poor to begin with and they have the mindset. He's not.

He is going to go broke within 7 years. "Have some fun" after just getting hundreds of millions? Might as well just start pissing it away.

thanks brother! this is the best reason to take the lump sum. also since hes already in Fl, hes not paying any state tax right now, whos to say in 5 years FL doesn't have a state tax.

Take the money and run - why be tied to the jew 's payout for 20 years? They'd prolly kill him so they don't have to pay off.

the money would still be paid out to his NoK...

>(((financial planner)))

>He opted to receive a one-time payment of $282m, instead of the full amount over a longer period of time

Poor in 2 years confirmed. NEVER go full amount

Why can't the Jews make 100's of millionaires with their "lotteries"?

What are they up to?

Pay a onetime top bracket tax instead of 20 years of a top bracket payments and live with 15% capitol gains taxes for the rest of your life

holy shit he can take that lump sum, put it in the bank and live of the interest for the rest of his life!

$282m invested in US gov't treasuries currently about 3% earns $8.46m gross per annum. That's about $21,200 per day, pre-tax.
>risk is US defaults some day.

lol some "risk"

That's wouldn't be too smart for a couple of reasons. Passbook and other consumer plans pay less than 0.1%. It's like 0.05%. And the account is only insured to $250,000 per depositor, per FDIC-insured bank.

More a certainty yes.

Agreed. You always want to diversify, and even get some of that overseas to leverage political and currency risk. But the most conservative low-risk is gov't treasuries.

We're not talking about a few mil here. It'll be hard to spend just shy of 300 million in under a decade. Unless he's going to start buying commercial properties or something.

>Win unbelievable odds lottery
>Jewvgerment proceeds to take half of it

Because you know the Fed will be gone by the time it pays out :^)

ok i get it , but what are you going to do sleep with it under your mattress?
a balanced portfolio of real estate, prescious metals, cryptos, and public / private bonds would ensure this guys childrens children would have money

>He opted to receive a one-time payment of $282m, instead of the full amount over a longer period of time
Retarded. He will burn the all the money.

The adage must be varified, that mounted beggars ride their horse to death.

You'll be surprised how easily people will blow their money. Yachts, jets, and hair-brained schemes. Then their relatives, their church, and their posse have their hands out for the gibs.
>a new 747 is about $350m.

Who is he saving the full value for after he dies? What the fuck are you saying?

you don't understand the depths of stupidity

After taxes he's only gonna get 120million. What a jewish game.

brainlet

Why in the fuck would you reveal your identity? I would give up half the jackpot in exchange for anonymity

Always go lump sum. $282M today is worth far more than $282M paid out over 20 years

>Thinking that some twenty year old who wants to "have some fun" is going to spend his money responsibly

He will be poor in about 2 years

I'd just buy a nice big farm and go full innawoods. Solar, nice deep well, get some infrastructure on the property (barns, workshop, stables, few greenhouses etc), and have multiple residences so I have a place for multiple generations to live rent free.

Seriously you could become fully self sufficent for probably 10% of those winnings. Put the rest in investments and if the world doesn't go to shit you basically give your children a winning hand for life as long as the globe keeps turning.

And if it doesn't you got the farm....

>this doesn't even count the fact that if you take the smaller payments, you are losing value to inflation. The Payment plan is a jewish trick always take the lump sum
It would be hard to spend it, but with stupid investments or unscrupulous advisors he could lose it. He's lucky he got it in 2018 so I presume he gets the Trump tax savings.

No, not under a mattress. Dig a giant hole in the garden. A balanced portfolio spread both domestically and internationally. Not much merit for private bonds since there's not tax advantage. No need to seek higher return when your future is assured. Key thing is set aside a worst case sum so if everything went tits up you still have many millions to carry you through.

>His (((estate planner))) will likely embezzle it.

Goddamn. I'd buy and build my own defacto ethnostate. Set up an Orania with a private non-profit and bring in as many racist whites as possible.

At least hes white not some welfare nigger.

This. People die or have their relatives kidnapped for the "luck" of being publicly rich.

I have this spray

lol how come koreans talk so loud, i knew a korean guy who would talk and laugh so loud it was uncomfortable for everyone around him

Do you shmell the shekels?

Take the ultra-conservative investment route and he earns about $8.5m per annum gross on the interest. There's no need to touch the principal. It's when people start mishandling that w/ poor purchases (jets, yachts) and stupid investments (films, inventions) that they lose their wealth. This kid has about another 60-odd years to live.

Inflation, money, time

Time value of money

Google it.

A very enthusiastic race. But not as loud as the Hongkies.

Who wants a boring villa for 18 million Euros? immowelt.de/expose/2GFDP4F

so you can either have a pool of funds that you drain

or you can put that capital somewhere, such as govt treasuries and utility bonds, and that money becomes a LITERAL free income generator

just for having your money not immediately available, you get F R E E income

and with utility bonds you will be getting money and retaining the value of investment so long as that company can pay the bills to keep the lights on

That vaginal jew in the photo will sue him for all of it and win.

If the US government becomes insolvent then what the fuck do you think is going to happen to the value of the USD? I guess he'd have plenty of paper to burn to keep warm though.

There us an opportunity cost with every financial choice, its not free.

What would you do with all that money bros?
>Buy a few classic cars and trucks
>donate to my church
>Buy a cool ranch somewhere
>Buy a sweet pc
>Bang whores
I wouldn't know what to do with the rest of the money tbqh

Murica

Yeah, the opportunity cost of a utility bond is that you don't have immediate access to the money in a checking account, and get a pay-out once or twice a year. There's also the small risk that the company will be dissolved. Aside from that it is extremely stable and a guaranteed way to get essentially free income.

There was a CEO of a financial firm, a firm with financial advisers that managed the funds of clients. This firm basically had all of the clients do mutual funds. The employees, in a day during the 2008 crisis, saw the CEO's account and statements. He had 20 million ALL put into various utility bonds. Not a single mutual fund.

With utility bonds you will get paid that ~5% every year so long as that company still exists and can pay their electricity bills, regardless of how they perform. You put 100 mil into utility bonds and you will be getting ~5 million paid out to you in biannual payments guaranteed.

Pretty sure that's his sister

Put 95% of it away in a self-managed account. Like said there's no point in overreaching with risky investments, which means having someone else's fingers digging into your money

Easy come, easy go

hes 20

after buying a buggati, diamond rolex + chains + gucci everything + home in cali youre still left with...200M+ after tax. there is not much to do after that except travel and buy drugs

he's a fucking soyboy too young to grow a beard. He's gonna waste it all on fucking Pokemon or shit like that

Shit, is this guy going to be our George Soros?

>took smaller up front payment instead of larger delayed payout
>has demonstrated lack of ability to delay gratification
>this positively correlates with being a nigger

color of his skin has nothing to do with it is almost certainly right.

I would warn this lad. People don't learn from history nearly enough til it's too late.

beards are for soyboys though

>Not understanding economics 101

Sometimes I read posts here that make me think "Not there sure are some smart folks here!"

Then I read shit like this and I'm reminded most of the people here are underage faggots who havn't experienced or read anything beyond the Communist manifesto and Mein Kampf.

It's called the Time Value of Money btw.

investopedia.com/terms/t/timevalueofmoney.asp

I'm fairly certain by law you have to reveal your identity.

>NBA Cuckold

It will be spent on rims and frivolity.

put third of it in gold, third in cryptos or real estate and you can have fun with rest. Even if the previous two flop, you still have like 100 million to play with.
That's at least if he's not retarded.

>I have never taken a finance course in my life and understand nothing about money

>"Winner of $451m"
>Only receives 282m after taxes
Wew.

Land of the Free baby. Win a prize, leave a massive tip!

You can receive the 451 over a long period of time, but that's just letting the government invest the money for you. If you're not retarded, it's much better to just take the lump sum and invest it yourself.

You are an idiot

You always take the lump sum you retard, deferring payments is stupid.

It would be 451 million over 20 years. When you go lump you take a big cut.

the one-time payment figure of $282M is pre-tax

he'll be lucky to get $140M

I'm going to win here shortly.

I'm then going to rebuild Detroit, while having you fags monitor, record, measure, and synthesize it.

I'm going to then rebuild shitholes.

Then America.

Vote for me 2028.

no. revealing identity becomes a danger when everybody comes looking for handouts

The good old days, when there were TWO white guys on a basketball team.

At least American's third favorite sport is climbing trees aye? The brothas would rule dat sheeit.

because
When you take the annuity (20 year payment plan) you are basically getting the interest off said money
AND LETTING THE STATE KEEP THE WINNINGS

Working with intelligent investors (which are in high supply for multi-millionaires) the return is far far greater over the course of your life.

I don't blame him one bit. Companies cancel benefits when their workers become elderly all the time. It wouldn't surprise me if something similar happened to lottery winners.

Florida residents are required to give their name. The trick to avoiding it is starting a trust and receiving the money in the name of the trust.

well done to him

With 200+ million, I’m assuming he could buy a nice house and a couple of nice cars over the years and never have to work a day in his life?

No wonder the jews are winning.

>He will blow all of it on cars, houses, instagram whores, designer clothes, etc and other soulless shit, instead of spending some of it and wisely investing the rest in various assets
>will be broke in 5 years
>His friends and family will stop liking him and start using him for money, no one will ever want to have a genuine relationship with him
>His life will lose all meaning or purpose since he now has more than he could do with

This is a common trend with people who win the lottery, they actually BECOME depressed because they have nothing to do except spend money and be pressured by users. Dont get me wrong, im defiantly not saying i wouldn't want to win the lottery, but, statistically, I can assure his life is going to be utter ruin in ~10 years

Most lotto winners put their money in a trust to avoid being known