Can anyone from Hawaii confirm what they were thinking and talking about during the incident...

Can anyone from Hawaii confirm what they were thinking and talking about during the incident... were you reflective or just panicked?...

I'm not trying to be a dick here I actually think it was a really shitty thing to have happened and not funny at all, it's just a really interesting experience to have had en masse in a civilian population.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mJNq079ZR7M
youtube.com/watch?v=bfwALUjgcww
youtube.com/watch?v=QD5-IRO32sk
youtube.com/watch?v=a5iJlVm6IOI
abc7news.com/amp/politics/hawaii-emergency-officials-alert-of-ballistic-missile-threat-was-mistake/2939613/
youtube.com/watch?v=5VmCvChcGzU
youtube.com/watch?v=HHLERpO4HuI
dod.hawaii.gov/hiema/contact-us/about-us/senior-staff-biographies/
twitter.com/JimCarrey/status/952284494257508352
youtube.com/watch?v=MrHoMSRZOS4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Haven’t heard from anyone in Hawaii.

I live in the suburbs far west of downtown Honolulu. I was reflective, thinking of how much time I've spent so carefree, but still getting ready for the aftermath since I'm thinking I'm far away enough to live.

what're ya looking at, smoothskin?

All you need to know is that’s its all Trumps fault, he is an unfit, unqualified, mentally ill, racist, Impeach now!!!
Rrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

it must have been crazy. i cant really imagine anyone nuking Ireland but if it was a repeated alarm there are some things id like to do that i would at least be thinking about doing..

And to think that everyone I would know would also being think the same things....rare

spooky

Put on my uniform faster than i ever have. Got to shelter in

I didn't even know Hawaii had tellys and phones and shit, I thought it was a little island full of chinamen.

There have been far more serious mistakes than this... this is more of a mindfuck than anything else

>he unironically thought he was under attack and trusted his government 100%
I just rolled over and went back to sleep.

being think... fuck, be thinking i mean

what use is this question outside of a social engineering context? please go away.

Our Rep Tulsi that gave the all clear (on fucking Twitter, wtf why the 30 min until the eas all clear?) was talking with Hawaii News Now and literally took a moment to take a stab at Trump.

what?
I dont have any ulterior motive I just think its interesting.

Unironically live on the bullseye. Asshole.

did you start crying on the phone when you called your mommy?

youtube.com/watch?v=mJNq079ZR7M
youtube.com/watch?v=bfwALUjgcww
youtube.com/watch?v=QD5-IRO32sk
youtube.com/watch?v=a5iJlVm6IOI

:/

did you just not buy it?

wtf is this fake ?

Saw the text but was skeptical so I waited for the television emergency broadcast to confirm and they did, which actually got me concerned. Then I checked news updates on the internet and people on social media were saying it was a false alarm according to a bunch of emergency related offices.

I was mostly calm the whole time because getting nuked didn't seem to make much sense right now politics-wise so I kept assuming it was some kind of mistake. Also, if missiles are gonna fuck up the island there's really nothing I can do.

He just lives in a safe little world sheltered from reality and life, where he can jerk off and become an expert on conspiracies.

I'm from Hawaii. I just put my faith in our great anti missile shit.

we shit , i hope that never happens again

THEY WERE TESTING THE GUY WHO SENT THE MESSAGE
There are dozens of people in bunkers with access to nuclear codes and have a map of all possible ballistic missiles being launched at all times and more than likely they showed some faggot a missile heading for Hawaii to test him and he cracked and freaked out under pressure

Sirens were going off here which never happens.

Someone is going to be unemployed on Monday

someone somewhere lost their shit and either beat someone to a pulp or told them they loved them, depending on context....

Kek

Someone is laughing their ass off right now.

Air Force user here - missile was actually fired and was on course for Hawaii, our systems shot it down.

its being called a mistake to not instill panic. This is the start of WW3. Expect retaliation within 6 hours.

lol, well, in that case, i shall regret tempting fate

Fuck of LARPFag. So tired of cunts like you.

Prove you're in the airforce. Also I guarantee if the Norks sent a nuke on target for anywhere in the US Pyongyang would be rubble already.

LARP Faggot

This.

Be gone milk drinker

good thread. bump.

here we go

Not from Hawaii, but I've noticed it's now simultaneously being called a mistake and a state exercise. Which is it?
Link to story: abc7news.com/amp/politics/hawaii-emergency-officials-alert-of-ballistic-missile-threat-was-mistake/2939613/

sureee and im the reincarnation of Adolf Hitler

I can imagine an Ireland without potatoes, though.

it could easily be both.

Live on the university in Hawaii.
It was a panic, people just started running. I remembered being told that there was a shelter in one of the buildings, so a bunch of people from my dorm and I ran to it.
We got there and it was locked, people started breaking down crying, running other places, I started to just walk away, I was kinda just thinking I was going to sit somewhere and get blown up.
Someone yelled that they got the door open, I ran into the building. Took them 40 minutes to let us know it was a false alarm. Lot of people on their phones, I have AT&T and I couldn't make a single call.

you mean like before the transatlantic exchange in the 15th century?

activity at afb in guam

Building was 15 minutes away from my dorm, by the way, and that's about the amount of time we're told we have from the alert. It was surreal.

I know I am....holy shit

>thinking we have missile defense for a little island in the middle of nowhere

in retrospect, I'm glad you couldn't make a call I guess.

It was employee error.
Button was accidentally pushed when a bowl of poke was knocked over.

Aloha.

m-mein Führer?

Probably for the best. I heard people talking to 911 like it would fucking help. Imagine being that operator.
>911, if this is about the nuke, we know

Even this British Expat in Japan, a country way closer in proximity to North Korea, didn't panic

youtube.com/watch?v=5VmCvChcGzU

That's because they've been doing that sort of drill for a while in japan, it would be like watching a car get crushed in a scrapyard vs watching a car get crushed in front of you on the highway

>tvs switching themselves on

but that's just it though, it is more of a credible threat for America, even as unlikely as it is.

I had never really thought about that before, I don't envy you having that. that bit of reasonable credibility to such a warning. . . I genuinely don't think I would believe such a warning enough to act, I live in the west of Ireland... geopolitically speaking, there is no west of Ireland, it's inconceivable for it to happen (i trust).

America being nuked has been talked about for 70 years to some extent

Ja, Sieg Heil Kamerad !!

i have returned to save the world

oh, excuse me, expat in Japan? i missed that part. ya you would think the Japanese would be the most panicked of anyone....although they are a strange folk

I live next to the bluegrass army depot (2nd largest chemical weapons stockpile in the US). If something like that came across my TV, me and my family would be in full bugout mode.

That is the thing, though.

Any missile launched from North Korea would be detected sooner by Japan than America due to their proximity.

Rather than seeing twitter or in the news, the name, NORAD, for example, you would first see, Japanese Defense System has detected a launch out of North Korea.

>Habbening
>Not habbening

For fucks sake I was disappointed today.

Alaska reporting in. Put me down as not giving a shit.

SKYKING SKYING Please Answer

This is what happens when you let governments handle your "emergency situations"

Give them access to contact every cell phone in the country with emergency messages? Hackers are going to hack that shit. We have a system here for Earthquakes and it was hacked about a month ago. So everyone in a certain city all got woken up at 3am to their phones ringing.

Shit niggas did the nuclear sirens started playing there?

youtube.com/watch?v=HHLERpO4HuI

lol maybe you learned your lesson?

Huh, it's almost as if you don't consider a scenario where norks take a sub with a crappy nuke/missile up to near Hawaii and then launch it.

are you in fairbanks?

My family called me to say goodbye, was surreal as fuck

I stood outside with my arms stretched out
The missile never came

Fuck no. They don’t have hills there

Sorry, user. God is cruel

Yes we do. Fort Wainwright is comprised mainly of hills and the Alaskan range isn't too far away.

HI fag here
me and my GF slept through the whole thing but a bunch of our neghbors freaked the fuck out

What part of Alaska is this?

I’m in my yard.

Basically and japs and Maori niggers

Uhhh. Missile flight time is like 30min. It's prob a nuke. Detection and alert takes how long, 10min?

I went downstairs to smoke and joke around with a neighbor. Some other people in my building were freaking the fuck out. A lot of people seemed to be loading their families in cars. But there wasn't gridlock traffic.

I'm near waikiki. I figured either I'm instadead or it hits pearl harbor and I'm fine for a while. Driving to waimanalo is probably a possible response.

Seemed 45/45 fuck it vs hide in the bathtub. With 10 trying to outrun nuclear fallout.

dod.hawaii.gov/hiema/contact-us/about-us/senior-staff-biographies/

Everyone in this thread look at this link.

These 3 are in charge of Hawaii's emergency warning system.

You're fucked if there's even a single military base by the base of those hills because Russians, Chinese and Norks are going to assume something's important beneath them, therefore delegating a express plutonium package or two

How many pets died today
Trump need to be impeeched

Much like Australia

Those guys are so fucking fired lol

>plutonium
Get with the times nigga, we use radioactive hydrogen now

At least being blasted by a nuke would be quick

did that dumb bitch bring a lamp to a fallout shelter
KEK

Beautiful man. Trying to find land near the Talkeetnas presently.

Wtf nigger. This place knew it was a false alarm in the first 12minutes or so. Whenyou don't know, go to pol

Jew Cuckey blamed it on BLOMPF
twitter.com/JimCarrey/status/952284494257508352

maybe youtube.com/watch?v=MrHoMSRZOS4

What is it about the Asians that they think attacking Hawaii will defeat the United States? kek

The worst for coastal sailors. You get a text message of doom and head for open waters. Then you are out of text range for any of the follow up "just some dickwad leaned on a button"

Now you are 10 miles out in a boat with no business being out there that far off-shore trying to figure out if you should sail home or stay out there.

Hawaii-bro here. People were losing their shit. Especially since it took a full 35 minutes for them to tell people it was a false alarm. There was a solid half hour of people legitimately believing we were about to get hit with a missile.

Woke up 10 minutes after the text was sent. Figured that if I wasn't already dead by then, there wasn't much chance of anything actually happening

Worst part about a nuke is you probably won't be insta vaporized but rather half melted alive and linger on for a good couple hours