Code Geass

>finally get round to watching Code Geass
>it's Death Note plus Gundam SEED
>with almost every anime genre thrown in (super robot, real robot, high school etc)
>character designs by CLAMP
>Norio Wakamoto as the antagonist
>subtle nationalist themes about Japan sticking it to colonialism
>every anime fetish bait thrown in (little sister, little brother, yuribait, table masturbation etc)
>product placement

Watching it, Code Geass feels like it was created by a bunch of suits in a boardroom for maximum crosswide appeal. The whole show feels very 'calculated,. Why is this show so highly regarded Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=5q-9EotzBZU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The shows that feel calculated to me are the numerous clones that tried to dupe the success of Geass

I liked the series at the beginning, but lost a lot of interest later on.

The show is one of those series where the main character is supposed to be this crazy intellectual, but nothing intelligent happens. And that's probably because a character can never be smarter than the writer and we all know the writers of manga/comics are fucking stupid as hell.

Like when an idiot gets to write some batman comics and batman becomes the most intelligent idiot.

Why is there so much mecha anime?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=5q-9EotzBZU

This video explains Code Geass' problems

In a nutshell

1)The high school acts like a central hub and is used as an excuse for characters to interact

2)Lelouch isn't smart, he wins because of idiot balls and convenient situations (see: Villetta's amnesia)

3)Suzaku is an incompetent dumb bastard who deserves to be ridiculed for his stupidity

>why is this show, which was designed to have the everything people like in it, so highly regarded?

Do you understand now why your question is so dumb?

does someone have the full version of the Picture Drama that was featured with the event special. Someone posted it on dailymotion but just the first 4 minutes of it. If so could it be uploaded at MEGA and at least in 720p format?

You're complete shit, get off Sup Forums

Jesus Christ I fucking hate youtubers

It was a fairly unique series for its time.

I can't wait to see this guy talking about R2.

Most people watched it when they were 14 and didn't know better and/or value the entertaining trainwreck aspect more than actual quality.
It's objectively a terrible show if observed critically.

So they value the purpose of a television series

>someone somewhere actually has a rod jammed far enough up their ass to make this post

I agree completely

Jesus Christ, the show is bad, but this guy has no idea what he's talking about.

Code Geass doesn't feel calculated, it feels like someone just gave up trying to make a story that made sense and wrote what ever they wanted too.

Because it's fucking nuts and fun.
It has what most anime miss: FUN.
Who gives a fuck if your anime has sad backstories or cute girls if everything is lifeless and by the book?

Studios' bank accounts, mostly. When you don't have the ambition nor skill to make something good all you can do is make crap and hope some retards will buy it.

It's a terrible fucking show, but it's a terrible fucking show that a lot of people watched and had fun in threads with.

>Why is this show so highly regarded Sup Forums?
People watched it a decade ago and never went back to check if it was actually any good. I love these trainwreck shows like Valvrave or Guilty Crown, and I do think Code Geass is one of the better examples, but it really is a total mess. It's going to be interesting to see the reaction to season 3 since there's no way it can possibly live up to expectations.

This excuse is always funny considering how often people talk about rewatching it.

It's the second season that really feels utterly calculated.

You could download that huge megatorrent with everything Code Geass, after looking through it I found some of the 'Sayako's Diary' that I could never find

>Why is this show so highly regarded Sup Forums?

Oh gee, I don't know. Probably because most people just watch and enjoy the series for what it is and don't go full autismo like you. Convincing yourself it's a ripoff of 7 different animes you've seen.

Code Geass is like the Otaku version of a Noam Chomsky lecture, the domination of the Anglo-American (Judeo) Empire making Wars everywhere.

It was also fun wth a lot of twists.

why do normalfags think code geass and death note are similar? there is literally nothing in common between them

I would not describe the clusterfuck that is Code Geass as "calculated", especially R2.

why would someone complain about sexy giant robots

>In the world of Code Geass Napoleon invaded the UK
>Royal Family invaded to the north Americans
>the British still manages to conquer more then half the world
How

>>In the world of Code Geass Napoleon invaded the UK
>>Royal Family invaded to the north Americans
>>the British still manages to conquer more then half the world
Because instead of taxing the Colonists into rebelling, the entire government moved into America. Suddenly it is no longer about some far away country suppressing you, but people who are in the same country as you.

Further, the Royal family died out at some point, and the current line of Britannian Emperors were started by Sir Ricardo von Britannia, who technically doesn't have royal blood. He and his descendants thus fabricated a fiction of the Emperor being a direct descendant of King Arthur. Most people know it is fake, but they play along anyway.

(This is probably a reference to the Japanese Emperor being the descendant of the sun goddess. The Britannian Empire is far more Japanese than British.)

In the end, what matters is that Washinton lost his war without French aid.