Why is there literally no anime about delinquents/thugs/gangs/yakuza?

Why is there literally no anime about delinquents/thugs/gangs/yakuza?
those are the one of the most popular manga genre, why no anime adaptation?

Other urls found in this thread:

furyofrance.com/manga.php
pixiv.net/member.php?id=306628
twitter.com/bosozoku_RT/status/833136529342025728
japantimes.co.jp/news/2016/12/13/national/social-issues/japans-bosozoku-bikers-a-vanishing-rebel-breed/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The studios are probably afraid of retribution?

That's like asking why there is no cartoon about gangsters. It's just not in good taste to show high schoolers acting violently and act as though it is glamorous.

Movies have a bit more freedom though.

This movie was kino

>ushijima will never get an anime
Pretty sad.

Is this manga good? Also do I need to read Zero?

>Is this manga good?
Yes
>Also do I need to read Zero?
No

Go learn some mahjong.

>That's like asking why there is no cartoon about gangsters. It's just not in good taste to show high schoolers acting violently and act as though it is glamorous.
So why is delinquent manga allowed?

Crows is fucking amazing.

Because grown ups read manga whereas anime is still for children and manchildren on the whole.

The more realistic delinquent manga are published in Seinen magazines anyway, the very popular shounen magazine series don't go into the darker side of things so much.

They exist but they're not very popular because of retards like you who never look them up in detail.

Nips don't care anymore about this kind of stuff. Why someone should make entertainment nobody is interested in?

>GOOSH GOOSH

Nips have shit taste.

Ushijimakun or Crows/Worst are one of the best-selling manga series in this dacede.
You don't know shit, Fuck off retard

Is France our only hope?

Google is your friend. But I do agree there is far from enough.

Crows is old as shit man, it finished nearly 20 years ago. But it did sell well, it's like the 5th highest selling delinquent manga series. Worst sold alright but not as well as Crows, and wasn't nearly as influential.

Why is France so obsessed with japanese gangs?
For example, there was a time where the only Rokudenashi scans were from the french editions.

frogs don't know how to fight
they learn it from manga

>no Bad Boys
>no Megami no Oni
as I expected

No idea but look at this shit, there's quite a few raws here.
furyofrance.com/manga.php

I get that France likes manga in general but they seem to really like Yankii stuff, there's even a site which is dedicated to french subs of live action delinquent shit.

>literally one of the best selling manga of all time
>no scans

We'll never to read Bad Boys, we don't deserve it.

>tfw Kyou Kara Ore Wa will never adapted
fuck this gay earth

>that website
Time to learn baguetterunes.

You mean like onizuka doesn't exist?

who ceres
you stupid gaijin fagggots only watch/read about retarded moe ecchi shit
I bet anyone at this stupid site don't even know normalfag tier shit like bukkomi no taku

That feel is a bad feel
There were a few OVAs, though I've got no idea how much they adapt or if they're any good.

It has 10 OVAs, that's quite a lot. Consider that the best delinquent manga of all time, Be-Bop High School, only has 5 (I think). But it has a lot more live action movies and I think KKOW only has 1 live action adaptation.

>He doesn't know about Sup Forums semi-regular delinquent threads.

>they exist
Funny thing is none of the Tokyo Tribe manga are scanlated.

Just so ya'll know, there's a subbed OVA for an manga called Yokohama Meibutsu Otoko Katayamagumi!, it has 2 episodes but only the first one has been subbed and it's 48 minutes long.

>The city of Yokohama has become a lawless district for biker gangs. One particular gang, the "Crazy Babies", have a 17 year old leader called Hiromi Katayama that is famous throughout the entire Kanagawa alliance as being a strong fighter with a devout sense of morality. However, when a young rookie by the name of Toshi Ikeda wants in, he swears to Katayama that he will uphold the ideals of the Crazy Babies and vows to not fight with anybody for his first probationary month within the gang or else forfeit his chance to join the gang.

Ikeda being the fiery young man he is, soon finds himself caught in the middle of a fight and unintentionally sparks off a feud between the gangs of Kanagawa and the dangerous Nagoya based group, The Dragon Star Crew, who have their eye on taking the whole of Kanto.

Can Katayama defend Yokohama from the encroaching hoodlums?

>Is it good?
Probably not.

>Did I drop it?
Yes because I was busy, but still, somehow, somewhere people are still putting in some work into some random ass delinquent stuff.

Thanks for letting us know about this. It's always annoying finding OVAs which are based on manga which has no information available about it.

Will anything ever top BBH.

I'm reading Nyankees and I like it a lot. Okada Atsushi's art is beautiful and that enriches both the action scenes and the cute scenes when you're viewing the guys as cats. It's funny too of course.

Does that have scanlations? Been trying to remember the name of it for ages.

As far as I know, it doesn't. I'm reading the raw volume.
Also you should follow him on pixiv pixiv.net/member.php?id=306628 and/or twitter @okada_atsushi19

>Nyankees
Damn that sounds fun.

This looks like it might be cool.

Because if something like Worst or Crows got an anime the fanbase would immediately be overtaken by fujoshi. And then it wouldn't be long until they spread out to the entire genre.

Yankee manga is the worst.

This is fucking weird.

And people keep saying delinquent manga is dead.

What makes you say that?

There is no moral.
Just unjustified violence.
Yankee mangas are trash.

You haven't read a single delinquent manga have you? And even if that was the case, unjustified violence can very well be made into a good work of fiction and enjoyable.

But yankee manga is all about loyalty, might, friendship and honour.

There are morals. Protagonists often get into fights because they perceive moral wrongdoing, whether it's against their friends or some code of justice or honor the reader sympathizes with.

Can't make TV anime about high school delinquents, sadly. Bad influence and whatnot. I mean, they had to censor Jotaro smoking in part 3 of Jojo.

Crows from OP pictures is literally just senseless violence. Scumbags fighting scumbags.
Yankee mangas are disgusting.

Maybe one day...

They find joy in fighting though. Crows is a little superficial in that regard but what you have to understand that real delinquents aren't scumbags for the hell of being scumbags, they were brought up in an environment were that became normal for them or they developed that way. Most of them came from low income households with family problems and such, wilding out to society and causing problems is what they learned to enjoy and do.

Most manga don't go into that stuff but is still rooted in it and inspired by that so it's not simply senseless violence, there's more to it than that. It's like a generic football jock in 70-80's america. It might have become a stereotype but that doesn't mean they aren't real people with real shit going on in their lives.

You are correct, yes.

I thought that's because he is underage and the anime was on during the daytime. But Japs censorship is a bit weird.

>Crows is a little superficial in that regard
It actually isn't in my opinion. On the first read through it comes across very much as one fight after the other but on re-reading it there feels like there is quite a lot of depth in regards to certain themes which come up throughout the manga. Whether that's intentional or not is anyone's guess.

The point of Crows is the students are crows, they stand out and are looked at as a blight because they are rough around the edges. They are capable and violent, but they aren't bad nor do they fight anyone but other crows. The series follows their school lives and preparing to transition from being able to get by as delinquents and become functioning members of society, all while learning who they are and what their worth is.

Throughout Crows you see different students start forming relationships, friendships, graduating, and getting jobs. It's a close look at the lives of delinquents and how they aren't bad, they are usually just kinda dumb and scared about life. They all want to embrace the simple things.

Yeah I get it but those things aren't deeply explored in Crows. Could you say they're subtly there? Sure but it's nothing compared to something like Bakuon Rettou that actively brings these questions and subjects to the forefront.

I'm not saying Crows it bad by any means, but the fights are very clearly the main point of the series whether you want to accept it or not. Kiku on the other hand would be a better example of of a manga that does deal more directly with those subjects.

It is there, it's just not explicit.

Crows and Worst is literally just idiots fighting idiots. Fights after fights.
No subtlety or anything like that.
They are rubbish.

Yankee manga is just a form of escapism for proper Japanese children. Not social commentary.

You have to be a real man to understand it.

Bacanno is about gangsters though.

>It is there, it's just not explicit.
That's what I'm saying. Please take the time to read people's comments.

It can be both and escapism isn't a bad thing.

>on re-reading it there feels like there is quite a lot of depth in regards to certain themes which come up throughout the manga
The only characters who really gave me a decent feeling of that were Bando and that one henchman of his, who struggled adjusting to normal life. It touched on similar topics for others, but it didn't really probe it or present it in a way that did much for me. I agree with that it's a relatively superficial fight-focused manga (not that there's anything wrong with that). Oh, I guess there was also that one oddly dark bit with Parko's friend who tried to become a yakuza and got killed, but I didn't really give a shit about him.

RAISE YOUR FLAG

There are some fujoshi who like the genre, but many normal women like it too. The sensitive badboy, full of yamatodamashii, has been popular for decades. Just watch this:
twitter.com/bosozoku_RT/status/833136529342025728

How old is that?

Take 2 was pretty good

>EHH KAWAII
Japs are so precious

No idea, but certainly within the last 10 years.

Which is weird, is he in character? An actor perhaps? Even if this is 20 years old, such old school yankii would be long dead.

There's a high chance of them ruining it anyway in the anime version delivering a disappointing and incomplete experience.And those mongrels that can only watch the moving pictures and see reading as an alien culture will slam it as some overrated crap. Fuck it, its better this way.

They're dying, but not dead.
japantimes.co.jp/news/2016/12/13/national/social-issues/japans-bosozoku-bikers-a-vanishing-rebel-breed/

That's already dead to me. As long as there's no chance of survival then death is guaranteed.

Hey you never know when Japanese society might collapse next, creating a new generation of rebellious youth.

They're pretty good, not 1:1 adaptations obviously, but they stay pretty faithful in any case. I'd recommend watching them, they're as much fun as the manga is.

watch gangsta for example... dont know if this is what you looking for.. but

Imai-san, I...

>. It's just not in good taste to show high schoolers acting violently and act as though it is glamorous.

With shit like eromanga-sensei out there, I think things like 'good taste' don't aply anymore to this medium.