OPM

So why does he sometimes block or evades attacks, but other times he just takes the blow? He knows nothing will happen to him if he gets hit by whatever so I find curious how he tries to protect himself in some cases.

In story it could just be an instinctual reflex. On a meta level it would get boring quick if he just stood there all through out each individual fight.

shits gonna mess up his swag suit

He wanted to give boros a ''good fight'' here. In other cases it's just about whim.

He likes to mix things up a bit, I'm sure it gives him at least a little excitement. It's pretty much the same reason why he doesn't just obliterate everyone he meets in one punch, it would be too boring.

Maybe he just wants to feel, user.

He wanted boros to have to have a good fight

He wants to have fun.

Because he's weak as fuck. Accelerator > Bald faggot

Pretending to fight is less boring than one shooting every foe instantly

Remember when he told Garou it wasn't nice to just blow up the House of Evolution's base without seeing what they had in store? Saitama's got a taste for dramatics.

Whoops, wait, meant Genos.

I used to box. After a while, you make a distinction between hits that will actually knock you down, and ones that just hurt. Even if it doesn't cause any real damage. Getting hit still hurts.

Let's talk about how ONE is a far more inventive manga artist than Murata

Murata: generic anime storyboard

ONE: extremely inventive use of panels, contrast and speech bubbles

Murata: stiff as fuck pose

ONE: "I'll design an ape-man cyborg, so his face will be a mix of ape and human traits"

Murata: "I'll just draw a realistic gorilla and call it a day"

Everything about the Murata side is better than the ONE side in that example.

Right is not only better drawn, it's funnier.

It's a wooden pose, not interestingly stylized and not realistically gestural enough in a way that a drawing from someone like Hiroaki Samura would be.

HIDEOUS screentone that makes the character barely readable

ONE here is so much funnier

Murata: removing all comedy from funny designs

And replacing funny expressions with stock ones, for that matter.

>It's a wooden pose
It's identical to the pose on the left, except a little better.

Look, just because One's art gets so bad it's funny doesn't mean it's praiseworthy when it's not what he's going for. Also, the top panel's angle is plain as fuck and the pose is way more stiff and wooden, plus the paneling is "generic storyboard style", just 2 face closeups with no variation.

Murata: Backgrounds, more dynamic camera angle. Also, his redesigns are a thousand times better than the originals ninety nine times out of a hundred.

OPM fanbase: "ONE is a writer, Murata is an artist."

[Murata proceeds to copy ONE's compositions]

Why fix what isn't broken? He repanels and comes up with new compositions all the time, often blowing the originals out of the water. Just because you can cherrypick a couple panels doesn't really give much weight to your point.

>It's identical to the pose on the left, except a little better.
No it's not, it's radically different. ONE version makes way better use of line of action and everything about it draws attention to the leg's fast motion. Even the lines on the nose kinda follow the action.
>Look, just because One's art gets so bad it's funny doesn't mean it's praiseworthy when it's not what he's going for.
Are you gonna tell me all those dramatic compositions he does in Mob, OPM and Makai no Ossan are just intended to be "so bad it's good" and nothing else?

There's definitely a layer of so-bad-it's-good irony to his art, but what makes it work is that he mixes it with earnestly good and thoughtful elements. It's like a child's drawing subtly mixed with a grown up high caliber artist's aesthetic sense kind of like what Koyaa58 often does.

You don't put this much effort into a drawing if it's just meant to be "ironically bad".

Accelerator cant even space. what a bitch

These backgrounds were probably drawn by his credited assistants but it still goes to show he cares about how his manga looks.

>No it's not
Yes it is. 3 lines in the background don't make it magically better.
>Are you gonna tell me all those dramatic compositions
No, but I WILL tell you that in the example in question, the composition is shit and the face is funny, but not because it was intended for comedic effect.

That's the funniest thing about ONE purists. When he does something good, it's good. When he does something bad, it's "comedy".

Just face it, if it wasn't for Murata ONE would probably have retired ages ago, and would never have known the success he's achieved today. He said it himself in some interviews.

By "these" I mean the more detailed architectural stuff. I think he drew himself.

ONE makes drafts so that 'copying' is not really is.

>He said it himself in some interviews.

>Japanese man shows modesty.

Shocker of the fucking year.

Maybe he doesnt want his costume destroyed

If you don't think was meant to be funny I dunno what to say.
>Just face it, if it wasn't for Murata ONE would probably have retired ages ago, and would never have known the success he's achieved today. He said it himself in some interviews.
Well as a humble guy who's not technically very good and a fan of shonen manga who probably followed Murata since his Eyeshield days, it's natural that he admires the huge amount of technical skill that Murata brought into his comics.

As for your criticism of the paneling, ONE got very good at that really quick. Show me some examples of Murata being as inventive as this

It's cockiness that comes with overwhelming power. Saitama is human after all, he'll toy with his opponents if he's bored, even if it ends up being cruel. Think of a pvp game you're really good at, and what happens when you're matched up against a new player. Sometimes you just wipe them out immediately, sometimes you let them try a bit against you before obliterating their assholes.

I'll admit I exaggerated my criticism but I do think people exaggerate Murata's status as some art god when there have been equally (if not more) skilled draftsmen throughout manga history that were also more visually inventive

Saitama's not invincible, he's just crazy strong. He could probably get stabbed in the eye if he didn't dodge.

Yoshikazu Yasuhiko is very skilled and his art is also very inventive and unique.

Then you have ONE who almost completely ignores technical stuff but draws really really inventive stuff and experiments with his style a lot

Those thick lines in the second panel are great

To be fair, all of these are at the beginning of the manga. I feel like Murata has really stepped his game up in the last volumes with unique perspectives, angles and more expressive action sequences.

I don't love Murata's style and find it a little bland but by any means but the mean is very technically proficient, his understanding of the human anatomy, and capability to try new perspectives and angles no matter the subject matter is incredible. The man's knowledge of drawing is impressive and he can also replicate various others styles and work with a handful of other different techniques and tools.

I always love how Murata is able to imitate other styles

>You shouldn't be allowed to compliment anyone unless they're the very best of the best.
Nah, you're a jaded cunt.

Just because there are other equally/higher skilled artists doesn't make Murata any less

No, in that case ONE just had no idea how to draw a gorilla. If Murata drew a realistic one it wasn't for nothing.

Murata's is way funnier. The one face seems to be exploding rather than being really surprised.

He doesn't "ignore" the technical part, he just straight can't do it either way.

Murata's Fubuki's expressions are 100 times better than ONE's.

And you're a retarded faggot.

>Murata: Cool ass animated gif
>ONE: Chicken scratch

> I'll now show that ONE is WAY better than Murata by posting the only very few examples where it's even debatable
> though more than half are still totally in Murata's favor anyway