Allowing Poland entry into to the European Union caused the United Kingdom to leave

Allowing Poland entry into to the European Union caused the United Kingdom to leave.

Was this a wise trade-off?

Come on, that was not the deciding factor. It was a factor of course.

Immigration was the primary factor

Yes, but not Poland. I think it was more Merkel.

Merkel had very little impact, immigration from Poland the prime factor

>he thinks when people mention Poland or Bulgaria they ACTUALLY mean that and not outside of Europe
Of course they dislike those too but we all know what they really mean.

>Was this a wise trade-off?
no, free movement of labour was a mistake, if that didn't take place, then our governments would be forced to do anything about the country, because they simpy exported people to foreign countries and got rid of all those socio-economic problems

I disagree, people were more upset with Romania and maybe Turkey.

Also the primary factor in polls was sovereignity. Although people probably weren’t being honest.

I like Poland btw. (Although voted leave.)

Looking from Britain point of view you should thank us for flooding you and making you leave.

How is Poland coping, losing part of its workforce?

Since we've hit all time low in unemployment we found ourselves in need of skilled workers. Situation is not bad, companies have to fight for workers which increases wages and provides nice bonuses. Looking from country's development point ,I wouldn't say no to 1 milion of skilled Poles from UK. Kicking them out is actually a good thing for Poland.

Well things are returning to how they were at least

From my deepest heart I wish you the best in encouraging Poles to leave, we'll need them. Again looking from your perspective, I don't think it's poles who will be the most problematic immigrants tho.

The ones here are the lowest quality poles of all though, they are returning very rapidly (We had 7 Polski Sklep in 2015, now only 2) so the balance is return to the pre-2004 situation here.

Do you think the EU will trigger article 7 on Poland?

They’re not getting kicked out.

I hate how working class wages have been stagnant for 20 years since this began. In return yours have taken off like a rocket ship.

They're not getting kicked out, but they are all paranoid and no new ones are coming, and many are leaving of their own free will. It's a good situation all round

10s of thousands target, why don’t they bother to achieve it.

I know they're not high quality ,but again at least they're ours, unlike ukrainians.
They made major changes in government,including new, more intelligent and better PR PM, if he plays it good there won't be article 7.
Mostly because we crawled out of shit tier, it's easier to achieve.

Still waiting for the UK to leave

Even though the Poles benefit the British economy, I still do think that immigration should be a lot more limited. Poland for Poles, England for the English, and Africa for Africans. That's the best way to put it.

I dunno, even most racists in the UK like the Polish.

I'm with snek, world of countries keeping their people inside their borders aside from tourism would be perfect world.

Yeah. And that's coming from another Polaczek living in England. I do not agree with immigration.
It is up to us, and it is up to trading to make our nations great again. Plus, a cleaner gene pool literally everywhere.

>Romania

Doesn't really work though.

The company I work for has about 30% EU employees. It's much easier to source good talent from 500 million than 65 million.

If we had no immigration, the UK would be fucked. We're only great cause we take the best shit from everywhere on the planet.

Yeah how did we survive pre-1997.

With copious amounts of immigration.

Wrong. There was limited immigration before then.

Sorry, should have of worded it better. Limited immigration. Purely for economic reasonings. Just as you would need to have to emigrate to the United States of 'Merica; Green Card status, etc.

I lived in Luton practically all of my life, and call myself mostly a Brit. and, well, I fuckin remember the good ol days. Having a beer with my mates, walking down the longest road in the city (Luton. ) after school. Now, the whole city is overrun with Chavs, and there's districts to keep away from if you are a white male:
Bury Park (so muslim it is infamous for it)
Marsh Farm (Gang niggers and gun-owning chavs)
Outskirts of Marsh Farm
Just about anywhere else is/should be fine

So the companies are better off but what about those 30% UK citizens who don't get the job?

This is the same area (St Georges Square, centre of the city).
Sad.

Limited? No, go look at the stats, there have been hundreds of thousands of immigrants coming here every year.

It's been this way since the 50s when we needed thousands upon thousands of immigrants to rebuild the country after the war.

We literally cannot hire enough skilled staff from the UK alone.

Maybe we could invest more in training to give natives the work, but right now, the talent pool isn't there.

Wrong. Source: ONS

Well, most migrants are economic migrants anyway.

That was one of the bullshit things about the Brexit debate, that we can "finally stop immigration". But half of that immigration we *could* have stopped (non-eu), but didn't.

Why? Because it would fuck the economy.

SAME SITUATION IN IRELAND
WE TOOK 400,00 POLES
BUT ITS GOOD FOR IRELAND
WE HAVE NOW 400.000 GOOD CATHOLIC PEOPLE
MILTARY TRAINED
god save ireland and poland

Yep, now go run a calculation of GDP growth over that time period, and come back to tell us what you find.

How about we run a calculation of working clsss real wage growth?

This is because our educational culture has deteriorated almost beyond repair. Poled have the genetic propensity to learn (like us) but also haven't had their culturally-imbued desire to try hard at school and work hard to achieve greater social standing drilled out of them by trashy TV and a rich welfare state. We need a nation-wide propaganda campaign to re-stigmatize being a stupid fucking chav at school, finger-blasting your mates on a field at fourteen and prideful dole/welfare culture.