Moonshining/home destillation

why is it illegal?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazingstill.com/the-work/
youtu.be/4DQUrg0Yhu4
youtube.com/watch?v=4DQUrg0Yhu4
hobbydistillersassociation.org/index.php/legalization/state-laws-by-state
copper-alembic.com/en/small-distilling-unit-stills/25-l-distilling-column-alembic-premium-thermometer
youtube.com/watch?v=CWGNA3u4-Sg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Tax avoidance.

OP why is he a faggot?

It's not if you make less than 100 gallons a month(?) and is only for personal consumption (giving it as a gift is probably fine, too).

amazingstill.com/the-work/

It's dangerous.

If you don't make it correctly it will be toxic.

they blow up a lot when retards make home made pressure cooker bombs. also some super proofs kill people inadvertently.

Taxes.

Yes tax revenue obviously, but I bet it's also because (((they))) can't add all sorts of nasty shit in it

This

It is not.

Moonshine can kill if not performed correctly. Methanol poisoning.

Here's a good example...

youtu.be/4DQUrg0Yhu4

did you watch this video and wanted to know that Sup Forumss tinfoil hat theories were?

youtube.com/watch?v=4DQUrg0Yhu4

And?

uncle sam doesn't get his cut

Because it is unsafe without a (((permit)))

The government bans dangerous things.

Better ban alcohol, tobacco, cars, guns, all forms of over the counter drugs, hand tools, power tools, blenders, toasters, knives, forks, sporks, rocks, larger rocks, small pebbles, wood, large bodies of water, etc etc etc.

Looks at my rifles, pistol, Ham Radio, 2 bags of Ammonium Nitrate, puukko collection, bottle of Glenfiddich, 250 feet of nylon lynching cord, collection of Mercury switches, and my open Natty Daddy.

wut.

enjoy your methanol blindness

Beside hygenic reasons there's taxes the state is not making.

Make whiskey not moonshine

wouldn't want my flammable antiseptic to be toxic

its a tradition on the balkans

The tax argument makes no sense. Homebrewing beer is completely legal.

this. the gov needs those bux for gibs. ppl who are self reliant vote republican don't need that

hobbydistillersassociation.org/index.php/legalization/state-laws-by-state

So alcohol companies can prevent small businesses and competition from forming.

Because you don't produce anything without Government taking its cut.

You can blow up your house.

Bullshit excuse

>implying that's an issue when most moonshining is done in backwater appalacia miles away from any people

why is chubbyemu blowing up these days?
I do love his videos but it's kinda wierd

several reasons:

goverment like taxes

goverment dont like underage drinking

goverment dont like people going blind from bad moonshine

you can actually sell moonshine if you start a licensed distillery

that's wrong though because it dosen't ban niggers

Because it allows people to avoid "sin" taxes, duh.

The government doesn't give a shit about the safety of the people. This is the same government that adds poison to untaxed, industrial ethanol to discourage people from drinking it.

All they care about is their $$$.

Methanol Poisoning

Moonshine does not make people go blind. It's when it's cooked/distilled in old car radiators and other 'containers' that contain heavy metals and toxins that were simply not designed to produce anything for human consumption.

High proof liquor does not make you become Stevie Wonder.

>start a distillery

Good luck with your zoning regulations

It does when you are doping it with methanol to avoid US liquor taxes.

see these posts

because most of the time it's not a linear curve increase in viewership, but an exponential curve, it's just about getting the ball rolling and the views will start multiplying.

No home brewer cooking their own shine is going to do that.

>no condenser

>methanol poisoning
It's pretty easy to discard your "foreshots" If you have gotten that far into home distilling, you will already know what that means and how to do it

because algorithmic suggestions are converging to their local maximum and good formats are blowing up due to this
It's the natural consequence of people disliking clickbait format on youtube, you get content producers that stick to their format with enough base subscribers and it is sent as a recommendations to all the people that have a strong dislike for bad clickbait videos. If you are fine tuning your recommendations, you are getting these videos, because they're peak content as far as youtube is concerned.

Holy shit, this is middle-school teacher tier bullshit. "This is bad, you could make methanol by mistake and go blind from drinking it, hurr durr"
Sure, if you are fucking retarded. But if so, you would fucking deserve going blind or die from it.

people have dies because they were too stupid to discard their foreshots. Laws exist to police American stupidity

died*

Not illegal to make your own and consume yourself. Even Obama had some top chef people make their own moonshine for him in the white house. But it's a different story if you want to SELL. There are standards to ensure you don't poison everyone and the government wants their cut of course.

>people won't to anything for a quick buck.
Oh yes they will.

Also, if you don't know what you're doing, you can make a batch full of methanol by accident. That's the stuff that will blind or kill you.

Read about popcorn: tldgoogle famous moonshiner with quality whiskey do good hank Williams drank it, loved with a pet deer and raccoon, at 75 government were going to imprison him
And rather than die in prison he took a gasoline car nap, now his whiskey sells internationally. Its about taxes

somthing somthing makes you blind?!?

True, but the people are indeed overtaxed, lad. Of course, I would not ask the State for fewer taxes, I would ask it to levy permanent reparations on anti-whites who have pushed for White Genocide.

It isn't. Like machine guns, it's regulated and taxed.
Taxation is the bottom line though. My state is famous for shine and sippin' whisky, so user's brother has a tax stamp for his moonshine still.
FUEL USE ONLY.
Don't have to fool with BATFE and heavy regs that way.
The sheriff likes his fuel around 130 proof and made from blackberries. As long as he gets his 1/2 gallon every run, he encourages people making moonshine...FOR FUEL USE ONLY... lol.

Moonshining isn't that dastardly a deed until it gets transported and sold. Get a small still, make your own and you'll never be bothered if you keep your worm iced when you run it (alc vapor smells are what gives the shiner away, not smoke. Ice your worm and watch your proof go way higher) and don't start bootlegging. Don't buy 100 lbs of corn meal, 200 lbs of sugar, 20 lbs of rye and packets of champagne yeast in the same store on the same day. If you're real nervous about it, see if your state issues a license to distill fuel for your alcohol stove.

Once you've got your white lik'ker legs, get a few 1-2 gallon white oak kegs, char the insides with a bernzomatic torch, fill 'em and put them away for a few years, turning them every few months to filter and mellow the shine.

Talk about good lamp oil!

now a days it's about methanol poisoning, earlier it was due to it being extremely dangerous to produce, one leak and the house goes boom.

>44%alc
tragic

As long as you're the only consumer of it, but would you trust people not to sell it?

He was dying of cancer and the judge wouldn't let him do house arrest because he had been arrested so much.

>Sutton, 62 and recently diagnosed with cancer, asked the U.S. District Judge Ronnie Greer to allow him to serve his sentence under house arrest, and several petitions were made by others requesting that his sentence be reduced or commuted, but this time to no avail.[17] The judge noted that Sutton was still under probation in Tennessee at the time of the federal raid, and said that putting a man on probation again after being convicted five times of various crimes would not serve the community interest.[7] He also noted Sutton's appearances on film surrounded by firearms and demonstrating how to make illegal moonshine.[7] He said he had considered a harsher sentence of 24 months, but had decided on 18 months after considering Sutton's age and medical condition.[7]

I don't think it is illegal here!?

Yanks got guns and rights to chimp out, we can brew own booze, if we want to! I thinks

>also because (((they))) can't add all sorts of nasty shit in it.

Go on?

You need a licence to distil. You can make beer or wine without one though.

This. People would go bat shit crazy if such a thing were to be outlawed here. I don’t understand why anyone would outlaw it, I mean to hell with “muh gunz” and “muh freedubms” if you can’t make some quality rakija.

Government wants to prevent you from competing with their buddies in the indust-

I mean, they want to protect your health.

If you check out forums and youtubers, they all go about it as if it's completely legal with the mantra of" never for sale" ,seems to work for them.

nope

Because the distillers have paid the government to protect their monopoly.

Kooter in the woods can distill, it is easy. They can't have that.

that looks so comfy

>butter knives can kill if not used properly. ergo they should illegal.
cars too.
Yeah, the sad thing is chubyemu & many other retards fall for this nigger tier excuse. including you. please mix with a nigger cos we don't your retard genes in any other genepool

If friend of mine have and uses this
copper-alembic.com/en/small-distilling-unit-stills/25-l-distilling-column-alembic-premium-thermometer
Sort of equipment and would get caught (grassed by some neighbours), how much trouble I'd be in?
My friend, that is.

kikes are doing us a service by removing retards like u from the pool sven , may your gf mix with a suicide bomber

if people had any sense they would glug 2 litres of non-brand spirit. anyone who does deserves the consequences. bought unbranded spirit myself in a shithole country while out monging. had a couple of shots, could taste the bitter acrid methanol. chucked it. still could feel a bit of methanol poisoning, but nothing serious. i'm not even a drinker, just have a little common sense.

Come get me lawdawgs.

Oh, cool to know that a SWAT team won’t show up at your house for distilling some alcohol. I call bullshit when they say it’s for preventing methanol poisoning, in fact, the last time we had a mass alcohol poisoning in Serbia was 15 years ago when some guy who owned a bunch of liquor stores opened an industrial scale distillery. Instead of making rakija(moonshine sort of) by fermenting fruit he mixed industrial alcohol with some aromas. Now instead of using ethanol(which is common practice of shady dealers) the absolute madman used deadly methanol and his “natural rakija” killed about 40 and blinded dozens more.
Ikr, it’s also a very fun and interesting experience when all the male relatives come around and chill around the cauldron.

Jesus, folks, just use a plastic food grade sauce bucket in a 5 gallon food grade bucket on stilts, pour 12 pounds of sugar into hot water, dissolve, fill the sauce bucket with it, add cold water to top it off, add fermentation yeast, put a lid on and set it aside for a week, come back and when the yeast is settled on the bottom stick in an immersion heater set to 120 F, put the lid and a one way exhaust valve on the bucket lid and wait until you have a gallon of clear liquid in the bottom bucket, pour out the yeast, clean it, run the clear liquid with as much water in the heater bucket and wait until there's a gallon in the bottom bucket again, run through some activated carbon (rinsed) and you have pure vodka.

This man knows his shit.

If people want to sell it without proper knowledge of safe distilling and they murder someone who is dumb enough to buy from someone to stupid not to kill them, well I guess I'm ok with all of that.

Are you mad cause a paki stole your bike or something?

Cause you sure sound mad

>Oh, cool to know that a SWAT team won’t show up at your house for distilling some alcohol

That's pretty much exactly what they say though? It's widely understood that unless you are an active seller you (99%)won't get raided. Also how would they know unless you were a blithering idiot.

>civil not criminal
>250 - 1000£ fine
>forfeit of still

Just buy your beer you fucking homos.

>Calls me a homo
>Drinks Alaskan ales

You're clearly the one who takes it in the ass.

Because then the state jews don't get their cut user.

You just remove the first dl that comes out first of a regular batch. There now you are rid of all the bad alcohols

Some guys in my perish was arrested a few years ago, they were actually making booze from gasoline.

Go back to drinking your pruno faggot.

Which is why you dont buy it unless they drink it in front of you.

I think you need cellulose in the mix to produce methanol. Using sugar yeast and vitamins will give you a mash without methanol.

t. Still breathing.

no one adds methanol to their moonshine lmao, its a natural byproduct of fermentation that is concentrated to dangerous levels when its improperly distilled

it's not.

it's only illegal if you try to sell it without a license,or make a certain amount, which iirc falls within the kind of amount that you'd only make if you were selling it.

Two approaches.

Use a thermometer and remove everything below the anticipated boiling point of ethanol (may need to factor in elevation).

Throw away the first bit of what you distill, probably like 10% of your expected total volume after distillation.

youtube.com/watch?v=CWGNA3u4-Sg

because apparently (at least in my country) niggers will drink literal bleach to avoid paying taxes, and we don't want to pay the morgue anymore money.

Usually issues arise when you use leaded solder, but that's exceedingly uncommon these days.

>he still doesn't know where the toxic/blind meme comes from

this is shit you learn sometime, anytime, as a non-retarded adult, on youtube.
what the fuck have you been doing with your entire dumb fucking life?

Seriously there are states with such low tax (or non at all) on alcohol that you can buy a gallon of whiskey for $10. Why would anyone want to distill their own moonshine? It's high proof rubbing alcohol that people only made because it was the only option. Are you faggots really that poor?

It's called the heads and tails. If making 5 gallons of whiskey from mash, you throw out the first 100-150 ml (the methanol) and the last bits (fusel oils) when the condensation tube reaches 205 degrees.

It's still illegal if you add methanol. The actual act of distilling ethanol requires licensing, not just selling it. You are retarded if you think they're going to drive to the hardware store and add fuel alcohol to their moonshine.

Also, it's distilling now is common knowledge. You get rid of the first bit that you boil off. You act like it's meth. Nobody is dumb enough to buy moonshine from someone they don't trust to do it right.

Bullshit you check the temp. not the amount. Methanol has a lower boiling point than ethanol.

Because idiots don't understand fermentation byproducts or proper methods of how to remove fusel alcohols (ie the head and tails).

Also taxes.