Just finished s1, how shit is s2 and why?

Just finished s1, how shit is s2 and why?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uqEmbKdd38M
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Watch Gaiden, it's great and sets up S2.
S2 is not as bad as people make it seem, although it's not as good as S1. Also it has the best opening
youtube.com/watch?v=uqEmbKdd38M

S2 is good, it just has less electric batman and more magical gun girl.

And as said, watch the gaiden first. It's a bit of a waste to save it for later.

S2 ending is really bad, the series as a whole is fine. Dropping the two-part episodic format was a mistake, too (I understand it was a 1-cour series, though).

there is no s2. people who say there is s2 want to make DtB look bad.

But suffering alcoholic child-beating Hei was hilarious user.

True s2 is actually a manga that is not very well known.

It's called "Darker than Black: Shikkoku no Hana"

>Be me
>Watch this show
>MC is operator as fuck added with some plot armor here and there
>High rank officer who trained him has a squad full of Contractors like Hei good enough to demolish without the use of powers
>They raid the hideout and manage to corner the contractors with ease
>Chapters full of take cover, bait and warfare, Hei on the verge of death actually worried he might be done for good
>He's about to pass out from injuries and is face to face with Mentor who taught him everything about fighting
>Gets saved by teleport kid before he dies from CQC

Now how do you think I felt after watching S2? the only thing that was decent out of that was Hei drilling the girl how to be operator but even then she still barked

s1 is comfy hitman with powers type of story, s2 is just suffering

Best ost

i still don't get what was S2 about ! i remember it was something about cloning and twins and cute 13 years hairless thighs ?

>comfy hitman
This guy gets it

I wonder what happened to that contractor baby from the gaiden. Is that chef guy still talking good care of him and the doll?

It's not as bad as everyone says except for the ending which actually is as bad as everyone says

Apparently it's marginally more understandable if you're familiar with the Izanagi/Izanami myth. Haven't tested.

Is it good ?

S2 is bad in comparison to S1 but it's still DTB and has its good moments but you may end up disliking it because the bad moments can end up overshadowing the good quite easily.

Still, Chinese Electric Batman makes S2 worth watching at least once.

This is why

In the gaiden, Yin develops emotions as she becomes more than a doll. Her and Hei fall in love, but Yin's ghost takes on its own personality, becomes more powerful, and eventually gains the power to control other contractors and use their powers, seemingly for the purpose of killing them, though it has no qualms with killing humans as well. Eventually Yin tells Hei to kill her as Yin's ghost takes full control of her and starts rampaging before going comatose.

In the second season, we learn of a prophecy laid out by Amber, that when Izanami and Izanagi they will give birth to Kagutsuchi and the world will be destroyed.

The entire season has Hei seeking out Yin to fill her last request. Shion turns out to be alive, and that Suou had actually died long ago and is actually a "slightly altered" copy of himself, she was a test to see if a copy could continue to exist permanently using the power of the meteor shard and the test was a success, without it, she died.

Shion, Madame Oreille and the ME system using the doll network were all part of a greater plan to create the "Ark". They would gather all the information about the world then feed it to Shion. Shion however was not powerful enough by himself and he goes to meet Izanami (Yin's alterego) by himself, where he cuts a bargain with her. He will die and create a clone of her using his power, if she will also use his power to create the "Ark" which turns out to be a second planet Earth without gates or contractors, with copies of everyone, including Suou living happy and fulfilling lives. Shion then dies and Hei comes along and kills Yin then walks away, his duty fulfilled. Shion, Suou and Yin and Izanami are dead, but the copy Shion made, a male Yin/Kagatsuchi awakens and has the ability to indiscriminately kill humans, like how Izanami could kill contractors. The series then ends implying that Kagatsuchi causes the the destruction of all humanity and the end of earth one while earth two lives on.

boy, I haven't seen Darker Than Black in forever and have never seen season 2 at all.

I should change that.

No, no you shouldn't. The manga and the OVA are all the ending you need.

I feel like watching it. I remember how our favorite burger kun died and that's it.

Stop lying down and start bellydancing you stupid bitch

S2 is good but watch gaiden first like said.
Prepare for some UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ
Also season 2 is great but the craving for season 3 gives it a bad taste

>Shion, Suou and Yin and Izanami are dead, but the copy Shion made, a male Yin/Kagatsuchi awakens and has the ability to indiscriminately kill humans, like how Izanami could kill contractors. The series then ends implying that Kagatsuchi causes the the destruction of all humanity and the end of earth one while earth two lives on.
I never saw this implied and I'm pretty sure that the end is still earth and not the Ark, the prophecy was not fulfilled because Izanami was killed by Hei

The whole of S2 was just propaganda to discourage kids from becoming alcoholics, lest you lose your cool chinese electric batman powers and are forced to interact with slavs.

He lost everything he ever cared about in Season 1. I'd be tempted to become an alcoholic hobo too.

Its not "literally Tsukihime tier" like Tsukihime, but its not nearly as good. Good fights, but Suou is extremely hit or miss. Her transformation scenes did not need to happen. However it had great new characters like Hazuki and Golem-kun. The story doesn't go FULL retard till the last episode or two.