Would Sup Forums rather work at SHAFT?

Would Sup Forums rather work at SHAFT?
shaft-web.co.jp/recruit/recruit5.html
>10 hour workday
>2 hour break but subject to change
>No days off
>Located in Tokyo

Or would Sup Forums prefer a job at KyoAni?
kyotoanimation.co.jp/recruit/guideline/2018/careerGeneral/
>8 hour workday
>1 day off
>Holidays off
>Overtime work uncommon, but paid
>Located in Kyoto

Why would anyone work in anime? you work your ass off and it pays like shit.

>would you rather have a good job at one of most recognized anime studio or a meh job at less recognized studio
gee boss i don't know...

GodAni

>bad or worse
No thanks.

If kyoto is anything nearly similar to what we see in Uchouten Kazoku I'd go there anytime. Comfy as fuck.

Actually, it's two days off at KyoAni, Saturday and Sunday.

>implying people work at SHAFT

How are japs still in recession for over 20 fucking years when they work 60+ hours a week? What a bunch of incompetent retards.

I don't like everything that KyoAni puts out but they're a great model given Japan's horrific work culture (worse than any industrialized country other than maybe burgerland)

hour workday
hour break but subject to change
>>No days off
Why is japanese work culture so shit?
Why do they keep shit like this going when it's proved that doesn't improve productivity?

Or you could have all that SHAFT requirements to work at some shit tier manga.

SHAFT doesn't get holidays off? They work on Christmas and New Years and whatever Jap holidays they have over there?

There is a better deal. Work in A-1 pictures for a month and you will finally be able to kill yourself.

Doesn't say in that website.

Lol, 20+ of those hours they're just picking their nose trying to look like they're passionate about their jobs

>working on anime industry
I`d rather flip burgers @ mcDonalds.

Kyoani because Kyoto is a much better city.

its just one business field and also one that is non productive too

children cartoons sure provide a lot of value to japan's position in global economy...

None because you could get more money doing commissions on deviantart in half of the time they require you to work.

Also
>Doing internships
>Ever
There's more dignity on fast food joints.

>Overtime work uncommon, but paid
You can stop right there. Even the european studio I work at don't pay overtime. Heck most european studios don't pay overtime.

>weekly manga
real manga is monthly

Because salarymen don't work retarded hours as well right?

Changes in their internal labour market + not much of a real global policy to speak of + slow to change + young people collectively checking out of traditional society + more.

Beats any normie job, really. Having no time to see other people is just a bonus

The ad just doesn't mention days off, doesn't mean you don't get any, OP is trying to ruse.
Both Kyoani and shaft offer the same 8 working hours, except longer break in shaft.

Salarymen don't work the literal worked to death hours anymore. They replaced the xtra houses with company bonding.

Man I'm glad that I'm not japanese alone for that company is your second family meme.

no other job works same kind of slave shifts animators do, you should know it by now

>want to go home and see your family
>forced to drink with your asshole boss
Bravo japan

Still better than a Korean animator's life.

The software industry does.
Not only in Japan, even.

They can't reject those conditions. Coders are so easily replaceable.

Why wouldn't they be after all the industries that led them to rich 80s and 90s got completely fucked over by cheap chink labor? For every compenent jap who works 12 hours per day there are 10 less competent chinks who work same hours while asking for 1/5th of the pay each.

Working with Shitbo seems like it would get annoying.

how the fuck did it ever come to this? I mean when it started out they surely didnt decide "hey manga drawing should be a 24/7 job", it must have been pushed towards this by asshole editors and spineless pushover artists.

Fuck those Tokyo pricks!

A not shit version

>not being able to ready japanese
Looks like you're the shit here

There's way too many people wanting to 'make it big' in this industry, and it's not like you need a particularly decent set of skills to succeed, just look at how many awful series and light novels get greenlit and even are in the top sellers.

I wouldn't want to work in Anime full stop. But I fucking hate taking holidays, so I'll go with SHAFT, plus as dogshit as SHAFTs recent works have been they somehow manage to be better than KyoAni's current serving of tripe, which is just an endless stream of yuri shit.

real talk here
If i had the choice irl i would pick shaft cuz i would probably be able to "animate" their slideshow anime.
I cant animate at the level of quality kyoanus demands and even if i could it would probably take me too long which would make the job very frustrating

Lots of people who can draw and willing to do anything in the industry. If you aren't willing to work those hours, someone else will gladly do it.

Where's the NEET option?

>But I fucking hate taking holidays
What the fuck

With that schedule I would just kill myself.

>it's the "Dumb coddled western kids who think that they are entitled to 6 hour workdays on creative dreamjobs"

Almost every single game/cartoon/movie you have ever loved involved both it's leading people and the pawns working themselves to death. Japan may run it's salarymen into graves but this "issue" is not exclusive to Japan when it comes to creative fields.

Either pour your heart, soul, health and sanity into a chance to create something that matters or live a comfortable life of being an irrelevant nobody.

3rd option is akin to winning a lottery.

I don't like leaving people to carry the burden themselves while they know I'm apparently comfy at home or somewhere fancy, plus you might get rusty and under perform when you get back.

In SHAFT you would need to draw faster with less time, the quality would be full of QUALITY.
In Kyoani you would have to draw with more time.

Why the fuck would anyone want to live in Japan?

You sound like such a tool.

The weabos. Vacations there would be nice though.

Well I live in mexico and it's awful so Japan doesn't look too bad in comparison.

>children cartoons sure provide a lot of value to japan's position in global economy...
They're doing a great job at marketing the country as a whole to the people that are currently 35 years old or younger.

Or crank out a shitty 8 bit game in a weekend and overcharge for it.

People are bitter and jealous user, what seems like a break from work is actually the beginning of the end of your career.

Unless you are a fucking poorfag that work his ass off for a shitty salary ($600) per week, you have many vacations.

Kyoto is pretty boring.

>great infrastructure
>quiet
>almost no crime
>top comf
>great food
>anime shit everywhere
>game centers
>weeb events
>everyone is polite even if they hate your shit
But of course since some guys here work themselves to death it can't be anything but hell on earth.

I need breaks to clean my head.

Unless you work flipping burgers, replacing someone just because he actually took Holidays off is not really a thing.

What fucking shithole do you work at where you can even come up with this nonsense?

>here

weeb confirmed

I live in a 3rd world shithole and in tge last 5-10 years the west has done absolutely everything it could to completely diminish any respect I had towards it.

If I had a choice I'd rather work myself to death as a Japanese person than slowly rot in the trash cauldron that Europe and America have turned into. Not that I have any.

Also: food.

Spotted the weabo.
>Small houses because there are too many moonies.
>Have to lick you boss'ass.
>Expected to work extra hours without getting paid for it.
>Work yourself to death.
>Moonies don't like to hire gaijins because they complain too much.
>You live to work, say goodbye to free time.

Japanese food is garbage. Only half decent food they produce is noodle based.

Has anyone visited Kyoani studios? I was thinking of dropping by when visiting this summer.

Living in Kyoto is literally my dream, I'd do anything for it

There are literal thousands of those. That's a "lottery" option.

>only eating lunch 2 days a week
>eating 1 meal a day, 3 days in a row
What the fuck.

They politely tell you to fuck off and give you a map with their store which is like 2 blocks away

Do you have any idea what it takes to draw 14-18 pages a week and also come up with ideas, designs, script and roughs for the next week's chapter? Why do you think the few full time webcomic artists there are in the west put out 3-5 pages per week instead?

For these people to have a life, manga release cycle would have to be 20, at most 25 pages per month. If there are people willing to do 15 per week, they'll be definitely more sought after by publishers.

This is the famous "free market" in a nutshell by the way. That's why those pushing for "free market" economics are either high school/college students or those who would benefit from overworking their employees.

That takes some amazing work ethic.

KyoAni has a department that trains new animators. You might stand a chance.

>No days off
vs
>Days off and paid overtime in fucking asian country
Why would anyone want to work at SHAFT?

>t. underpaid contractor cuck

Not enough grease and salt for your complex burger palate?

If you're the only competent person who can do your job, I can see that.
However, that's not the case at McDonalds, Jamal. You're expendable.

can I work at Musashino Animation?

I fucking pity their families, assuming they have one.

And that is the reason 99% of weekly manga is shit.
Customers that buy that trash are more to blame than the desperate idiots willing to work those hours.
Why would anyone want to support anything but monthly publishing is beyond me.

I bet you love sushi, and undercooked to raw seafood.

It really depends on the artstyle. A person like Oda could easily shit out 3-5 pages in a single day, especially with assistants who will ink it and do the backgrounds. And then there are people like Miura doing the crosshatching alone in their basements.

Many of the manga artists can even afford to save enough time to make doujinshi for fun while getting published.

Asian food is delicious, but all is very similar except for Japanese that seems to go for lighter stuff and with not much seasoning.

Cool baseless assumption and non-argument.

Japanese food sucks.

>Implying this is free market
You're a retard. I live in Germany, and this doesn't happen here. You know why? Because the state doesn't allow you to be working 24/7.

This only works if companies hold all the power.

No, I just draw comics for free as a hobby and I'm calling things out for what they are. This is a work environment from 200 years ago.

>weeaboos want this

>eleven hours a day
you would go crazy, that is speaking as a colombian, who knows better

Why hasn't a Japanese Donald Trump showed up?

Yes, unregulated working conditions are a part of the free market. If there are regulations regarding how you should do business, the market is no longer free.

>eating more than one meal a day
you are either fat or just american

That's absolute bullshit. The free market has to abide the laws of the country.

I work 11 hours a day and it's not too bad.
I get 3 days off a week, though.

>I live in Germany, and this doesn't happen here. You know why?
Becuse you are some stupid kid probably working in a service industry and hasn't actually seen shit?

It's not a matter of the law. People anywhere will be willing to work extra to reap the benefits and they will always have opportunities to. No law will ever stop them and they will end up above your sorry ass.

They don't make babies so no japTrump was born yet in country of betas.

This shit better pay in the millions to justify this

germany is not a free market, it is heavily regulated (for example the Bundeskartellamt), germany does not even have real free speech if you never realised.

>normie
Fuck off.