Someone explain to me why, Fafnir, aka the best character in the series, got so little screentime...

Someone explain to me why, Fafnir, aka the best character in the series, got so little screentime? Were the worthless human animators too foolish to give the best and strongest dragon more screentime? In total, I only got about 6-7 minutes of screentime, Fafnir should have gotten way more than that. I also think it would have been more interesting if Kobayashi ended up becoming a magical girl but only Fafnir knew about it and they went on adventures together.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=n59mG9_X35Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>it would have been more interesting if Kobayashi ended up becoming a magical girl
??????

Better yet, why was Elma introduced so late and why didn't they do anything fun with the rivalry between her and Tooru?

Fafnir was good because he was used sparingly.

That's just how it goes, Elma wasn't introduced early in the manga

When did edgy moe boys become a thing?

Hmm I wonder

Turn him into a girl and we got best girl

He's male.

Why did they have to turn him into a NEET?
I like it more when he was edgy.

Best and strongest, you say? Why not try winning a simple arm wrestling match before you make such assumptions?

What, you'd prefer we went to work, which would be completely against his character?

Dragons are the original NEETs. He was being true to his nature.

It's related to the norse myth of Fafnir beeing shut in a cave

he remind of lucifer

>be nearly immortal
>spend who knows how long laying on your treasure
>occasionally incinerate some looters
>go to human world to check on Tohru
>foolish human hands you some thing that works a human on the magic box
>realize it's lots of fun
>find something fun to do while you never leave the house

>implying he stopped being edgy

What else was he gonna do? You really think someone who has an attitude like his could hold down a job? A job where humans tell him what to do?

Elma should have gotten more, specially Elma eating

Fafnir is kind of like that one character from Ping Pong the Animation: the 3rd year who is beaten out of his final tournament and then leaves on some crazy, world-wide journey only to return in one of the final episodes; watching one of the final matches; and crying in the bleachers; saying how he had missed it--that the thing from which he was running all this time is what he was missing all along.

Obviously, Fafnir's development doesn't follow in the same vein as 3rd year globetrotter, but Fafnir's development has a similar impact on the viewer: the consistent absence of Fafnir and Takiya makes seeing their antics and development all the more powerful when they do rise to the mainstage. There is power in strategically minimizing the viewers clarity of perception when presenting an image or idea. I'm not going to say that Cool is good enough of a writer to do this consistently on purpose, but Fafnir is 10/10 because--after Fafnir debuted--Cool only really showed the shut-in dragon during moments of self-development in his new home. Since it happens so quickly and it's all the viewer sees, it leaves a strong, lasting impact.

Fafnir, is that you?

Tell me this - is Elma making Faf-kun jelly over Takiya? Or was the opnening showing her and Fafnir with Takiya just some random part?
I bet he would get jelly as fuck if some other dragon got some of his treasured human attention.

This.

I think it was just random because they didn't have anywhere else to put Elma. They rarely interacted

He didn't have any abusable unfunny jokes that pad runtime, like Lucoa, Saikawa or Elma.

Shame. I was seriously thinking they would put Takiya as her programming teacher or something like that, which would start their friendship.
So both Kobayashi and Takiya would have 2 dragons each. More so with how poor Elma was, so crashing at Takiya for at least few nights made sense to me.

>Kill them
>Kill all who try to steal your treasure
>Kill all you suspect
>Kill them with curses
>Curse their generations to come-
I want to hear all he would say. Is there a complete phone call with him?

I'd assume that's the gist of it all.

Because he has a dick.

So does Kobayashi

STOP

don't fetishize the Elma

When did you learn how to speak English, Fafnir?

>total shut in who does literally nothing but sit on a huge ass pile of treasure indoors all day every day
>not the dragon version of a NEET

I'm not Fafnir you human trash, I'm just his biggest fan that recognizes how much better he is at everything especially video games

>falls for mimics in Dark Souls
>good at video games

FAFUNIRU-DONO

more

Girl Faf a best.

I'm kinda of surprised nobody bought his shit.

You'd expect at least 1 or 2 guys to curiously buy some weird curse book then it leads to becoming a cult classic

Nobody is interested in curse books when there's mahou shoujo in the next booth over. That's the real reason why Faf-kun wants magical girls everywhere, he imitates what he sees

>Fafnir's biggest fan

So it is Fafnir posting then

>ancient edgelord dragon just imitates what he sees around him

It's not enough for a stand alone series, but we really needed some Fafnir shorts

imagine the fallout from Fafnir discovering K-On

It's just in his nature to loot all the chests. Maybe he'd be better off playing a more traditional JRPG.

faf a cute

He was born a Dwarf. Nothing about him is natural.

Every time I touch this game for more than 30 minutes, I have to play an actually good video to flush my system.

Fafnir is the direct inspiration for Smaug. So here you go.
youtube.com/watch?v=n59mG9_X35Q

>hobbit trilogy
DELETE THIS

This could either be a reference to that episode where Fafnir re-wrote characters in a play to be magical girls, or it could just be OP being fucking retarded.

OP is Fafnir

He was shit.

He got more appearances and scenes than he did in the manga, be happy for it.

Bet you wouldn't say that to his face