Why British people get angry when Americans call them English?

Why British people get angry when Americans call them English?
I mean, United Kingdom is basically England, like an empire or something.

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/14831554.
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because Anglos have low IQs.

Due to the United Kingdom being the union of all the people living in the British isles not just the English.

It is like an empire, that is what I am saying, the country who is in control is England (England controls Scotland, Wales, NI etc), therefore, people from that empire are english.

i think you mean "Why DO British people..." ?

Or was that ebonics?

British is a perfectly acceptable term for anyone from the UK, but calling someone English if they are Scottish, or Welsh or Northern Irish is really ignorant, in an American kind of way that we hate. Also liberal types and shitskinned immigrants who see "English" as a term for the diminishing indigenous population and thinks of the EDL "nazis" when they hear English because they are cucks and prefer British as it has come to mean any arsehole that lives here.

No it's a Union all countries voluntarily joined for the betterment of us all. Scotland, Wales and NI have devolved parliaments now, they aren't controlled by England. The capital of our Union is London, which is in England.

>American education.

There's no difference between england and scotland on the other hand i can understand wales and northern ireland.

Because the Scottish and Welsh are mad that they aren't proper countries

>There's no difference between england and scotland on the other hand i can understand wales and northern ireland.

Wales is literally a county. Their "government" has NO power

There's England, and then some angry guys in derby hats and orange vests who wish they were English, and then a sprinkling of singing hobbits out west and brawling sheep shaggers up north who are of no real consequence.

England it is, and was, and will ever be.

Same reason someone from Texas might get annoyed if you were to call them a New Yorker.

its just brits larping as welsh getting buttmad because some of them forgot and this has happened in the pats. in british history they have killed off the welsh 3 times and replaced them with brits. which means they actually genocided brits

you see they have to pretend to be welsh to hide their crime and others who are not larping as welsh need to pretend they didnt genocide the welsh. then before you know it they all fucking forget

wales is a non-country

Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

They are just butt mad Celts who know the UK's backbone and drive to create the Empires was Anglo.
It was the Anglo Southern English that ruled 1/3rd of the world. Everyone else rode on our coat tails.

We are genetically quite different mate.

>calling a cow goy a jew

Not really, Wales has massive unemployment so you probably are talking to a Welsh person, they speak their own language in our threads and communicate with each other in Welsh. I know you're mad and like to pretend you're Irish but pls.

>Holyhead
>Way Out
strawpoll.me/14831554.

Obviously they're going to take the train to Holyhead.

American education strikes again

>meme flag
>short, obvious question
I bet it gets 300 repiies too, damn shame what's happened to this board.

Wait are you a chef?

Lived wales whole life, born here too.

Still English

Probably a plastic Welshmen then