What's Sup Forums's thoughts on walmart's bait and switch the other day?

What's Sup Forums's thoughts on walmart's bait and switch the other day?

Inform me

War vs. Bezos

Increased wages, 5 grand incentive for those who adopt babies or some shit?

I actually need details on it, this is fourth-hand info I'm getting from friends, but I trust Sup Forums more.

>trump tax plan
>walmart handing out bonuses and increasing wages in 2020 for $15 (pic related)
>10% of Sam's Club locations closing on the same day of above announcements

You're correct. I found this paper in the lunchroom. Can't wait for my $400 bonus as I've been here for some 13-14 years..

>What's Sup Forums's thoughts on Pajeet shitting in a street in India the other day?

>I've been here for some 13-14 years..
You must enjoy it

I wish I was a pajeet as I could either work in a hotel or IT.

It was never a dream of mine. Now I'm too old to do anything else.

>Most department managers make 12-13 dollars
>they have almost no incentive to stay a DM now
Nice.

Hell no. DM at retail stores make anywhere from $17/hr to $22/hr. And that is 40 hours a week. Overtime is $26 to $30+ an hour.

Department manager at Wal Mart, Kroger, Publix, etc. is different than a fucking manager at McDonald's or Starbucks.

>Thinking managers make $12 an hour

Nigga you're retarded.

>Now I'm too old to do anything else.
That's a nice excuse you have for giving up

They closed the sams near me for it. Guess I'm going to costco now fuckers.

Sam's and Walmart are distinct segments. Sam's can't compete with Costco so Walmart is closing to focus on their core business. Very smart.

>calls it bait and switch
>thinks Wal-Mart is obligated to continue unprofitable ventures

Can't compete with fresh out of college 22 year olds.

I just found it funny of the conflicting reports the other day. Of course there's a reason behind it.

>walmartfags still haven't unionised yet
americans are the best goys a kike could ask for

Go read their annual report they would have disclosed it in prior periods. It's public record.

If your store attempts to unionize they fire everyone and close the store for like 6 months. They don't give a fuck.

Nobody shops at sams club, gay costco clone.

which one?
THe one were they claim to be proud Americans, but sell the cheapest chink shit,
Or the one were they say the have low prices- but the cheap chink shit breaks so you gotta buy a new one?

WAL MART PAID EVERYONE LAID OFF FROM THE SAMS CLUBS WERE PAID FOR 2 MONTHS OF WORK

>base pay going up to $11 an hour
>if you've worked there less than 2 year but make over 11 already you get a $200 bonus
>2-4 years worked - $250
>5-10 - can't remember
>10-14 years - $400
>15-19 years -$750
>20+ year = $1000
>better paid time off for maternal/paternal leave
>5K per child to folks that want to adopt

At the same time
>shitshattered alotta Sams Clubs the same day
>only 10 outta the 60 something stores are going to reopen as an E-Commerce store
>Co position now has a cap of 3 years that you can be in that position before you need to become a Store Manger or step down.

Probably woulda been better for everyone just to give raises across the board but I'll still take my $1 raise

no those are assistant managers. the hourly supervisors of the tiny little depts. like stationery and shit like that that have like 2 people total for staffing make $12.50

>Can't compete with fresh out of college 22 year olds.
Yes, all 22 year old college grads are trying to get the exact same positions as you in the same ways. Better not try to do anything at all, just to save time.

Excuses.

Death by China.
Clinton cash
Arkansas.
wal mart
Chinese junk
corruption

anytime a store has threatened to unionize they get shut down with "plumbing issues" and stay shut down 6 months to a year.

Harry potters unforgivable curses don't have jack shit on Walmarts

You don't make that decision in just a few days. Timing was terrible, but they probably had this planned for months. They should have waited a few months.

Dude, "hourly supervisors" are not the same as "department managers". Department managers manage an entire department, including schedules, ordering, retail standards, supervising, sales plans, etc. "Hourly supervisors" who make $12.50 an hour are just that... They're regular clerks.

currently Walmart is just slapping shit on a wall and seeing what sticks when it comes to new ideas being horribly implemented all in an attempt to save a buck.

Heres the story of why Walmart Market stores are no longer open all night
>don't want to hire asset protection to work over nights to keep stealing to a minimum
>only 1 or 2 managers at night can actually stop/confront thieves
>stolen shit goes through the roof
>so they decide to get rid of 24/7 stores
>bonus is that they can axe the over night extra pay for all those workers and pay em regular to come in at 4am instead
>then they run into the obstacle of having to stock shit all day long during the busiest hours with complaints and lower store scores shooting through the roof because gotta get that shit stocked
and apparently they're actually toying with the idea of doing the same shit with Supercenters but I just don't see it possible

Paige Arena

The minimum Wal-Mart wage is now going to be what I was making as a programmer in 1984.
Big Woop

This

Costco cornered the market on exclusive bulk stores

Winco is killing it, though. No membership and no credit cards

THEY NEED MORE TAX CUTS, SOYIM

they only axed overnights in the neighborhood markets which barely make any fucking money anyways

This happened to supercenters after the recession in 2008.

I wish I could have worked in the steroidal 1980s or the dotcom boom in the 90s.

"Hourly supervisors" are better known as support managers. I rejected this position when it came up as its more responsibility for zero wage increase to deal with most of the people on this shift who lack proficency in the English language to effively give commands.

Never seen one. What the hell is a Costco?

I lack $100k for college and the trump-tier stamina for full time courses. My work history isnt that appealing given the amount of time I've been here.

>all 4 locations in the st louis area are staying open
ok I will finally get a membership they have serious deals there

>unions
Eat shit faggot. Unions are absolutely useless, they literally take 10% of your paycheck and do absolutely nothing. I worked here at walmart to make some cash for school as well as another grocery store which was unionized. Let me tell you something, when you make min wage, you don't want a fucking union which doesn't do jack shit to take away 10% of it away. On top of that, they have stupid rules like people who have seniority must have more hours than newer people, even though the people who have seniority don't want the hours. I remember when I was working at the unionized grocery store, there was a guy who wanted to work only 10 hours a week, and has been there for 6 years. I wanted to take his shifts but the manager wouldn't let me because muh fucking unions. I ended up working 10 hours and getting 120$, 20 went into taxes and insurance and another 20 went into union fees. I ended up with 80$ a week. Fuck unions.