Waited a good while so I could rewatch Rezero. This arc is cringy as fuck when I know whats coming...

Waited a good while so I could rewatch Rezero. This arc is cringy as fuck when I know whats coming. I feel so bad for Emilia.

Other urls found in this thread:

lemonwater123.wordpress.com/2016/12/19/arc-3-subaru-reacts-to-the-arrival-of-more-whales/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>re:zero
>watch
The adaptation was shit, I've watched it about 2-3 times but I can't anymore. The show fails to portray too many small details that make the LN/WN so good.

Just like every written story ever written and rewritten for the screen in the history of ever, ever.

Thanks for telling us something we didnt know.

So is she smelling his actual scent or is it mixed in with the witch's?

People rewatch this garbage?

>J-Just read the source material user!

I liked it enough to rewatch it

Rem is weird.

It's the best part, i amost expected the show to get self aware at ths point.
Subaru basically turns into an hooligan here, just starting fights, constantly screaming, starting fights for his baby boy ego and all that during a probably one of the most important political events in this town.
If an actual retard was in a situation like that he still would need to give his all to be this embarrasing. Shitting his pants there would be less embarrasing.

This wouldn't be so bad if only happened at the very beginning of the show.
The real problem with this scene is how they completely trashed Subaru's character development up to that point.
He was supposed to have matured into a fairly acceptable guy during the previous arc, instead he instantly became even more retarded than he was before.

cum, precum and smegma mixed

Someone who always shamelessly tries to steal a guy away from another girl and even makes him cheat on that girl is obviously not right in the head.

Never saw a more fitting picture.
During this part i constantly thought he would realise how stupid he's behaving, but this moment never really came.
He actually went to fight this knight guy, tried to cheap like a scumbag and still lost to make it even more embarassing.
After that he start started to scream a lot because Emilia got rid of him, still thinking it wasn't his fault.
Actually your picture would be better if there was 1 missing spike for this part.

The fact that people got suprised by this development and did not see the obvious witch fuckery, psychology and inner monoluge just shows how poorly handled the adaptation has been.

Basically the anime was shit.

Emilia pls

Well it isnt really her fault considering Subaru and her act like couple before they confessed to each other. Plus his entire I love Emilia shtick was just him going on about how he his not worthy of a man for Rem and to establish his sense of normality.

>makes him cheat
that's typical women's behavior

Weird but lovable.
Don't bully the elf.

That's the problem with adaptions that don't have enough to time to show everything, especially when he was even more of a sperg in the WN. He has to act like a jackass in those scenes because the plot falls apart without it. The reason why he acted like a jackass in the original is for a number of reasons. Obsession, delusion, jealousy, possible Witch-related BS, and last but not least, he's more of a jackass in the original.
Well, they acted a bit closer than just "good friends". However, by the time Rem pries the confession out of him, they've been clearly looking like a couple.

I completely agree. I like how they brought him low. The fact that real cringes and pity are earned shows how well they did their job at portraying him at his worst.

Doesnt stop these feels though.

I think it was character development though. Seriously, the guy had experienced literal death several times, hes bound to crack a few times along the way. But he is the MC, he has to have slower overall development or he is peak early.

You cant cheat with a woman you never have romantic implications for or with

>he his not worthy of a man for Rem
>is okay with Rem as his SECOND wife or mistress.
???

>you never have romantic implications for or with

He thought that was a joke at first, but decided to take it seriously later.

Subaru was never the one who wanted that though, he was more than happy to spend the rest of his life with Rem. Rem was at fault for not wanting to villify Emilia.

I hope you do know the part right after that was him slitting his own throat with a dagger.

>I hope you do know the part right after that was him slitting his own throat with a dagger.
So? Doesn't mean that Subaru doesn't love Emilia in that scene and onwards.

Romantically after all the shady stuff implied with it and evidence to point to the contrary? I dunno about that. He loves Emilia but to say their relationship is romantic is a bit of a strech especially with the year gap of arc 4-5.

There's one incredibly obvious point this development always makes me think of. If Rem never got eaten, and Emilia had a normal mature understanding of relationships, Rem would have completely torpedoed Subaru's chances with Emilia. Most people would react poorly to someone even asking for their approval.

>mfw that was Rem's plan all along

>implying a servant and her harmless pranks could do shit to her master.

user lets fuck

LETS FUCK

I fixed it for you user

Put yourself in Emilia's shoes and pretend you're not actually a retard. This guy, who was being a total sperg earlier, saves your life and tells you he loves. He's finally acting cool about the whole thing, and says he'll be patient and wait until you feel the same way.

Oh, but he also wants to bang your maid and is going to try to convince you to go along with this, and doesn't seem like he's particularly willing to just drop the whole idea.

>makes him cheat
Stop passing responsibility.

I will find you

I really hate anime Rem. They turned her from lovely, snarky bitch into moeblob

Oh, and if you do anything to upset this guy, like reject or fight with him, there's a high chance he's going to run crying over to his maid slut to dry his tears in her busom.

and cuddle you

>he's going to run crying over to his maid
Is she his Mom?

No that's his wife, that's what wives do. Not like Rem is any different when i comes to Subaru regarding that though.

I love Emilia

Yes, if your mom was an unrelated girl your age and wanted to fuck you.

How comes Subaru always becomes a crybaby every time Rem's with him but becomes a strong and reliable man when he's with Emilia? Why is Rem such a bad influence on Subaru?

Speaking of mom, what about his real mother back in Japan? He's not dead right unlike Kazuma

If you replace Subaru being a strong and reliable man to an absolute jackass then yes. Rem his a bad influence to Subaru in regards to her being the reason why he hasn't set an entire country on fire and titled Natsuki "The Butcher" Subaru yet.

>pretending you read the LN

Why lie?

>a strong and reliable man when he's with Emilia?
nice one, user I laughed

He's plenty reliable with Rem. Sometimes he just needs a good cry and someone to talk about his troubles to, and he's not so concerned about looking cool in front of his Rem. It helps him relieve his stress and recharge.

What about her?

Arc 4, trial one. Also
>Q: Now that their eldest son Subaru has been summoned to another world, what’s the situation in the Natsuki household? They seem like a couple that it wouldn’t be too surprising if they chased after him to the other world.
>A: They’re enduring the disappearance of their eldest son somehow or other. The police investigation has no leads, and Kenichi is trying to comfort Naoko but it’s not that effective. They’re passing each day tearfully.

>in regards to her being the reason why he hasn't set an entire country on fire
Reinhard was the one to make him go cray cray and destroy the country, not Emilia you wiseass.

>normal mature understanding of relationships
How is expecting someone to wait for you in any way normal or mature?

Being sad

His very first big and genuine achievement, killing the white whale, was with and thanks to Rem. I think he's at his best when he's with her.

What made Subaru angry at Reinhardt? Who has it he couldn't singlehandedly save?

>What made Subaru angry at Reinhardt?
Envy? Did you even read the story at all?

Nothing wise about it, he burned an entire country due to jealousy and that jealousy is directed at Reinhardt for saving Emilia and Subaru wanting to be the one who saved Emilia by himself with no help.

this is the reason I moved out. Less worry from parents after the first year

Why was the reason he was so envious? Who did Subaru push to become king?

I never said it was. I'm saying Subaru already had a bad track record with promises, and his prior talk of sticking entirely on Emilia's route and having no interest in other girls is clearly bullshit.

He would have already made out with Rem if he hadn't been interrupted. So, when he says "I'm going to wait for you to fall in love with me" you can't exactly trust him to not start shit with the maid while he "waits".

>I think he's at his best when he's with her.
>Cries like a bitch every time Rem or anything related to her is brought up.
>Mans up and acts like a true leader to save everyone when he's with Emilia.
I don't think so user.

He gives Rem the credit for making him into a man.

>uses details from non-canon If story as arguments.

Asian rarely moves out

>Cries like a bitch every time Rem or anything related to her is brought up.
>Mans up and acts like a true leader to save everyone when he's with Emilia.
Not even true

>non-canon
That's not how it works.

I believe you are mixing the fact that you know, Subaru COULD be crying because she got her soul eaten and Subaru COULD be grieving about it? Even then he doesn't cry he just visits her bedside and talks to get everyday.

Oh? Backed into a corner already? Alright, arc 3, Subaru working towards being Rem's hero. Arc 4 and 5 where he uses Rem's ideals to make him into a better man even being labled a hero in arc 5 because of it. Then there is arc 4 first and second trial. Then there was his Rem battlecry, arc 3 where Subaru gave her all the credit for the whale battle and him aiming to be a better man for her sake.

lemonwater123.wordpress.com/2016/12/19/arc-3-subaru-reacts-to-the-arrival-of-more-whales/

Nice hole you've dug yourself there.

WoE is a bitch

>— Well now, isn’t it about time for you to give up?
>It’s face nearly unseen, the dim shadow grinned widely, and it’s familiar voice urged him to give up. At those words, Subaru accepted the weight of the situation before his eyes.
>Around him, Subaru could see that some of the knights had fallen to their knees as well.
>They, too, had come to understand that the situation was impossible. Their spirit to even begin to fight back had been stolen away, the strength was leaving their eyes, the willpower to hold their weapons was being blown out.
>Suddenly, looking around him, as he sank into the voice of despair standing next to him, he noticed.
>Right next to him, thrown from the ground dragon as he had been, was Rem. Lying on her side, she was raising her head, her delicate face shadowed with grief.
>Strong cheeks and pale lips, trembling eyelids. Looking closely like this, her eyelashes are quite long, he noted quietly.
>…I like it way better when she’s smiling, he thought.
>So…
>“I don’t ever want to hear from you again.”
>He roughly threw off the familiar arm around his shoulder.
>As the shadow frowned in surprise at his action, he smiled at it, and then hit it with a right straight as hard as he could – the shadow shattered, and at the same time, his body stopped trembling.
>Worthless. Pathetic. There was no time to lose his way, no time to slow down.
>So what if there were two more whales?
>His limbs still moved. He could raise his head, and he could still see. He could speak, he could make himself heard. Rem was here. Rem was still alive. It was way too soon to be giving up hope on saving everything.
>…Stand up.

If this isn't him turning into a man I dunno what is.

My point still stands that Subaru's become much more prone to crying and whining due to Rem like in From Zero, that fake death "confession", the encounter with Carmilla, and not to mention all those Subaru's attempts to strangle everyone just because they spoke ill of Rem.

Whenever I read that scene the shadow always feels like Satella whispering into his ear.

So you wouldn't get pissed if someone spoke ill or was disrespectful to the person you care about a lot and that person was completely defenseless at that time?

I would get mad for sure, but not to the point where I end up strangling those people. What Subaru does for Rem's sakes though is very bad and unhealthy.

Well yeah, he found himself someone who he can talk almost all his problems to, this isn't him being less of a man but more about emphasizing that Subaru can only show his flaws and weaknesses to Rem, From Zero being the parallel of episode 11, prank thinking Rem was dying. The Carmilla scene if a bad example as that's the moment where he actually stood back up to assault a Witch for using her authority on him. Also if this is him whining:

>Subaru: “Who knows... am I worn out? ...But I haven't done anything yet.”
>This loop has seen Subaru battered around entirely, without him reaching even a single correct
>answer. He was in no position to be saying that he was worn out.
>Everyone would anguish more. Everyone would hurt more. Why did everyone have to suffer? The answer there was obvious.
>Subaru: “Because I'm weak.”
>Rem: “—”
>Subaru: “Because my ability is lacking.”
>Rem: “—”
>Subaru: “If I were stronger, smarter, a man who could do more... things'd be over without everyone suffering, sorrowing, hurting...”

---

>Subaru: “I'll let you see my weakness. I'll let you see my frailty. I'll let you see that I'm a pathetic, worthless bastard. —But I'll never let you see me giving up.”
>Subaru is a hero, Rem had said.
>I will act being as Rem's hero, Natsuki Subaru had decided.
>Ever since they shared their promise, Subaru had resolved.
>—That in this world, this universe, the only time he could show his weakness, was when with Rem.
>When with the Rem who knew Subaru was weak, but even so believed in his efforts to act with strength, was the only time Subaru could go without hiding the fact he was weak.
>Not to Emilia, not to Beatrice, not to anyone else could he show it.
>The only person could a Subaru who needed to be strong show his weakness to was Rem.
>Subaru: “My weakness belongs to Rem. She hides all of my weakness, and in exchange even if I have to grapple it in tight, I'm not letting my surrender happen.”

He only strangled Roswaal though. Do't tell me he didn't deserve it.

I'm pretty sure Rem is the closest thing to a healthy relationship he has. Emilia/Subaru is a contender to the least healthy relationship ever.

>I'm pretty sure Rem is the closest thing to a healthy relationship he has.
The fact that Subaru ignores his need for sleep and spends time talking to the potato from night to morning is already unhealthy to begin with.

:)

Leave the broken man alone, he's just mourning for his loss for fuck sakes.

Wouldn't you if your girlfriend got her soul eaten? If anything that just displays how committed Subaru is, lack of sleep from spending nights with her while earning money AND intense training from Gaaf and Clind?

It just defeats your point of him being less of a man when it comes to Rem.

>This arc is cringy as fuck when I know whats coming.
The whole show is cringy as fuck - and I'm saying it as someone who loved the premise.
The execution is just as retarded as millions of other Japanese LNs.
It's yet another fucking wasted opportunity, a cool premised bogged down by typical Japanese writing, full of badly imposed self-inserting, plot moving at snail's pace, retarded characters, lazy worldbuilding etc. It's not even unique in this regard - it's like a lot of isekai novels are made with this cut-and-paste cookie-cutter template.

Like, look, let's suppose that there's only the anime in existence, alright?
Throughout the entirety of Re:Zero, how many characters got proper character development? How many important plotlines were resolved or at least moved forward? How much actually important to the plot lore did the world of Re:Zero get? Hell, how much actually competent worldbuilding it got?
Zero. Re:Zero, if you excuse me the tasteless joke.
And as someone familiar with the orginal source material, I can guaran-fucking-tee you - it doesn't get any better in the LN.
It's fucking trash. Two nukes simply weren't enough.

>And as someone familiar with the orginal source material, I can guaran-fucking-tee you - it doesn't get any better in the LN.
you fucking liar

Which is the better Subaru.

Ultra jaded Echidna fag, loving husband who gave up on everyone else, or elf stalker "i fucking hate that sword saint" Subaru?

MU

Out of the IFs Ayamatsu is the most interesting.

Point out the exact fucking moment where it gets better, because it fucking doesn't.
>inb4 you say "when Subaru's parents are introduced"

Echidnafag is trying to force a broken girl into a position of ultimate responsibility, while sabotaging other candidates to recruit their knights. Elf stalker is Emilia's monkey's paw who destroyed a country and left her in charge of its ruins, when she's not equipped to handle any of it.

So, I'd say Rem's meat dildo is the best.

Arc 1 chapter 1. Where they actually made him character inherently villainous but with morals.

REEEEEEEEEEEEE

>>inb4 you say "when Subaru's parents are introduced"
I hope you do know that Subaru's parent were simulated and never introduced. But your criticism is coming from a person who never bothered to read the novels so.

>mfw Rem was dumb and rejected Subaru's proposal, let him return to Emilia again, and get herself nom'ed perhaps eternally.

>inherently villainous
That's just called "not being a pussy" and actually being able to talk to people beyond "o-okay" and spilling spaghetti.
Try pulling the other one, it's got bells on.

Not him but:

I like the foreshadowing he does, plenty of shit is hinted at and we get to theorize based on it. Like how Subaru is not the only person from earth, and there's many more like them but most are considered liars, and how some people in the underworld like in Elsa's backstory ask her if she's a descendant from a "summoned person" due to her black hair, which seems to be a trait from summoned people. I do agree that it's taking it's sweet time to reveal concrete stuff, but since they're in the tower of the sage now's a good chance for it, especially since we just got the witch backstory explaining what lead them into acquiring their power, and their motivations or how they were prior to it.

The character banter is fun, a lot of them are fairly colorful and it's fun to read. Subaru's parents deal being addressed instead of just being glanced over, and how he was bottling it up in order not to think about it instead of simply having forgotten or not cared enough for them. And stuff along those lines.

Also the world building is good, what are you on about? Plenty of stories explain even more about it, like how Kararagi has a giant lake that connects to many other places and the city near it is the most prosper one, how the founder of Karargi is also from earth from way ago, having united the tribes of the region in there, the politics and the way each country acts, so far the south country not having much info on it, but since it's on lockdown it makes sense, plus having fought Lugunica for years. The candidates all also get some charaterization and explanation for their mindset, like Crusch's past involving the past prince of the country and his death.

There's lots of good stuff. Plus the source material also adds more info on what's going on, where the anime rushed most of it. But that's common for any LN/book adaptation.

>That's just called "not being a pussy" and actually being able to talk to people beyond "o-okay" and spilling spaghetti.

You really have not read the novels have you? Because I don't think calling Emilia an easy fuck and Rem/Ram prostitute battle-maid whores not being a jackass. Or you know, the time he tried manipulating a Wilhelm who was mourning for his dead wife in the beginning of arc 3.

fuck tappei if that goes through, Rem deserves happiness

The entire series is watching Subaru's development as a person. Completely powerless teenager who has to re-live his nightmares over and over again for sake of others. Over the anime series so arc 1-3 was him arriving at the conclusion that's what he should do, arc 4 onwards was Emilia's development and for some other characters to be introduced, get some backstory, etc.

Though I do agree a lot of characters developed out of nowhere, the actual complex plot stuff comes past arc 5 and I think you'd know that if you've actually read it.

>Happy endings
>In Re:Zero

Please

Fourier deserved happiness but instead he got aids