Why don't you stop pirating and start buying anime?

Why don't you stop pirating and start buying anime?
How can you say you like anime if you don't buy it?

Other urls found in this thread:

nyaa.pantsu.cat/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>How can you say you like anime if you don't buy it?
What kind of loser actually likes anime? I only watch it to make reading the doujins better.

I don't like it. I'm trying to ruin it through piracy.

Capitalism is preventing me from doing so.
If only there were a good communist nation not filled with dictators.

how many episodes are in that?

So I just found this and it seems to be episodes 1-6 and the price is about $175. That is about $30 an episode. For the price of 2 episodes I can buy a funimation box with 12 bd episodes. This box released in japan doesn't have subs either, just raw anime. I am not weeb enough to speak their little nip-nong-ding-dong-fong language, but I do speak english. The funimation release, despite what people seem to think, has the option of japanese audio with english subs. Now I could spend $250 on a 12 episode series to get a box set I an look at or I can spend $60 on a 12 episode series and get a show I can understand. Every English release also comes with a joke audio track if you want to experience your chinese girly cartoon in a new and hilarious way.

I don't like anime. I just watch it to properly shitpost on Sup Forums

The prices are inhuman.

>Every English release also comes with a joke audio track
So, the official dub then?

Even in Japan nobody actually purchases anime outside of the rental industry, high sales figures are entirely the result of establishments purchasing surplus copies of the same.

>wasting money in entertainment
leech if you can leech, move on if you can't but don't waste your hard earned money on shit like that

I see you heard of it as well.

Why would I when it is aired for free in Japan?

I watch anime for entertainment, but i couldn't give two shits about the industry. If studios stopped making anime then I wouldn't really care

I would buy anime if I could get the Japanese releases for US prices

How can I like anime if I don't watch it first?

>19,440 JPY
>box 1
nice price

I like anime because it's free

Why would I spend money on anime when there are tons of weebs out there shelling out cuck bucks in my stead?

You need to go back.

>BOX1
>almost $200

How many episodes are in BOX1? Is it two? Please don't tell me it's two.

I would pirate food, electricity, water and the roof under my head if I could.
If it's free, it's free. Can't compete with that.

Look up box
read description
???
Prophet

That price xD. You got to proper cuck to pay that.

>xD
Leave and take OP with you.

But I do you mongrel.
The thing is most of the good stuff gets shitty official subs, never gets brought over because THINK OF THE CHILDREN and because most of the time they don't have English subs.
I do however import them once in a while ONLY if I like it enough but usually import the manga or figures the most.

If you can easily buy a particular anime, you can probably still find it without much issue even without private trackers.

Half of the first episode.

>$200 for two episodes of a shitty anime about furries

I wonder how much it would cost for the average user to "buy" all of the anime he has torrented.

``It is not the slumber of reason which engenders monsters, but vigilant and insomniac rationality.'' - Gilles Deleuze

I watch 1-3 +/- shows per season average. This is insane

I can't wait for 3D printing to advance so I can pirate figures.

I pirate things and watch them, then if I like them enough I will buy them, this goes for anime, music and western films. Why? Because I can. I buy figs too sometimes.

>wonder how much it would cost for the average user to "buy" all of the anime he has torrented.

If we just say on the conservative side that the average user has seen 300 1-cour anime in his lifetime (which I think is pretty low for many of us), with each season consisting of 6 volumes of bluray releases at $200 per volume, that comes to a total cost of $360,000 to own 300 series.

low quality

Do japs still tape airing anime on VHS?

What extra bullshit comes with this to make it that expensive? I know Japanese Blu rays are expensive but it's usually like $70 per volume not $200.

They record it on Bluray.

Given that the OP is $175 for 6/12 episodes, the more realistic number for 300 shows is $105,000. Still ridiculous, of course.

>1-3 +/-

It's 6 episodes instead of 3/4.

You can buy two entire seasons of anime in America for less than 2 episodes cost in japan.

Apparently the Japanese are happy selling only 1200 discs, while a seasonal hit anime can move 6,000 to 10,000.

In America a shit direct to video disc will move 200,000 copies because it only costs $16.

>buy our new CD single for only $32!
>Buy our new eroge for $90!
>buy 13 episodes of anime for $390!

This is why we can't have nice things.

It's still as much as a house.

DAAAAAAAAAAAAMN

>Communism
>Good

>I pirate things and watch them then if I like them enough I will buy them

Has there very been a definite example of a single person actually doing it? At best I have seen faggots purchasing shit on sale years after they've """enjoyed it""" just to feel good about owning it in their collection. It was used half of the time too.

Literally not a single fucking person who spews that bullshit has actually gotten his ass up and went to buy a show or game right after consuming and enjoying it.

It's a fucking myth perpetuated through hypocricy of pirates and excuses of shows not being """good enough""" unless it's a time-proven 9/10 classic.

>I wonder how much it would cost for the average user to "buy" all of the anime he has torrented.

That is like asking how much it cost the average American family to watch all 28 seasons of Simpsons, plus south park and family guy.

These are TV shows. They magically appear in your home every night for free (or as part of basic cable/satelite).

Owning TV shows is historically a very, very new phenomenon that is only embraced by a small minority of viewers.

The problem is in Japan, sales aren't elastic enough to respond to lower prices to make it worth dropping. They generally make more selling $80/disc than they would at lower prices.

The difference here is

>the miracle that is anime
vs.
>the 8th season of some shitty sitcom starring a bunch of unfunny Jews with a laugh track telling you when you're supposed to laugh

The anime does warrant paying a premium, but Nips could inject a serious amount of cash into their anime industry if they understood how to market to overseas audiences directly.

>implying free anime doesn't make me like it more

Cable is free huh faggot

I do buy my anime ezcept for Fate Kaleid Shit since it's shit and it's borderline illegal in my country.

At those prices the company is making $500,000 instead of only $60,000 they world make selling a full season.

Answer me this:

HOW THE FUCK AM I TO KNOW IF I LIKE AN ANIME ENOUGH TO BUY IT OR NOT IF I DON'T WATCH IT FIRST!?

I always shell out the cash for the expensive as fuck Box Sets for the shows I like. It's one of the ways in which I support those series and studios that I think are DESERVING of my money for producing a GOOD product.

I borrow a book form the library. If I like it, I'll buy a copy. If not, FUCK OFF!

The last anime I liked enough to even consider buying was meduka. The last anime I liked enough to go I must have this was Aria. Make shit I like and I'll buy it. Make retarded chuuni harem shit and I won't.

>watching all 28 seasons of The Simpsons
Are you a masochist?

I live in a third world country where the only way I can access anime is through torrents or the various sites that allow me to watch for free.

>I always shell out the cash for the expensive as fuck Box Sets for the shows I like. It's one of the ways in which I support those series and studios that I think are DESERVING of my money for producing a GOOD product.

I used to think like this too, when I was in high school and my only income was from a part time job or an allowance I got from doing chores around the house.

Everything gets a legal Stream these days. Even LWA and ID-0 have a Netflix stream upcoming. For the most part there is a legal stream still available on most recent anime and many big older shows.

One problem with the lost of Nyaa is that most of the shows difficult to find without Nyaa are also difficult to buy through official channels for being unlicensed or out of print.

you can't afford 200 USD for 1/4th a season of anime?

>buying the western box set
You know the studio already got their money for licensing it, right? They don't care how many western units are moved. Its a drop of water in the ocean.

I can confirm I do it but I'm not stupid enough to prove it on here, not that I know how to anyway so you'll have to take my word for it. Now obviously I don't do it for everything because shipping is expensive as fuck, but if I like something enough while I watch (seasonal or not) it I'll buy it because I have nothing better to spend my money on.
>It's a fucking myth perpetuated through hypocricy of pirates and excuses of shows not being """good enough""" unless it's a time-proven 9/10 classic.
Some people actually do it like myself, but otherwise I think you're right that for the most part it's just bullshit to defend piracy. I don't really care about the morality of justifications of it though so don't bother telling me about it.

Anime streaming services have a poor amount of shows available outside of the US. It has most of the airing shows but they disappear after a while (and I don't watch unfinished shows). It's not really a solution.

I don't buy anime physically because that would hurt our precious environment, you shit lord.
I know you're going to ask me why i don't use crunchyroll next, right you piece of shit? Well, I'm not even American so fuck Crunchyroll and fuck white people

I bought all the Lucky Star DVDs when they were on sale for $4 on amazon.

>Hey, guys! Have you considered a CR subscription?

There will always be a place for illegal online activities thanks to based Russia.

This thread show me why Sup Forums should be abandoned.
It started as a futaba copy site, but its features are completely opposite to that.
Futaba user has many creator, so illegal uploading is taboo there.
Why are thieves who do not have the power to create anything themselves so ugly.
SHHHHHHHHHIT.

Because I only pay for physical products that have a real value.

Epic roleplaying

RIght, when you actually knew the value of money.

>half of my monthly income for 2 eps
How about no?

I have seen over a thousand shows, my archive alone is over 700 folders (BDs and DVDs only)

Would still cost twice as much as my house.

I love when poorfags from South American shitholes call him privileged. He doesn't know how to react.

I'm still a student and broke af.

sucks to be you. thats only like an hour of work in a real country

...okay. Good to know.

Good post

I mostly watch BD releases. I'll consider buying a anime if I enjoy it and have legitimate digital access to the BD version.

I already own several physical copies of localized Visual Novels and have a MangaGamer account with digital access to 20+ of them. Buying isn't particularly a problem for me but space is a concern (hence I'm only interested on digital access to the BD version).

Also, it's extremely important to know if the western version is the exact same as the japanese BD version, has japanese audio and proper subs.

>only making $400 a month
Work harder.

Satan speaks the truth. There's no fucking way I'd spend that much money on an incomplete set.

Has anyone tried this sire yet?

nyaa.pantsu.cat/

I'm paid higher than median income in my city.

Well, don't come to here,you fag.

It's anime, westernfags and most japs won't buy anything even with a price drop, they already tied that years ago.
Anime disks is a niche hobby.

You have my sympathies, Canadabro

yes, there are people that do it. believe it or not, weeb skills + computers can actually lead to some of us "making it" in the real world, and having disposable income. it is comfy to have some manga, box sets, and figmas from especially moving or satisfying series'/one-offs, etc. organized and on display, after having first watched them for free. and, no, not used, because what's the point if it's not shrinkwrapped and/or perfect in quality? if you want to not buy, great. if you want to buy some after having watched them, for whatever reason you see fit, also great. :) you also disgust me for suggesting that used copies (outside of Japan, as used copies in Japan are insanely cheap and often in mint condition) are actually worth a damn. if it weren't for the internet, though, I would have no interest whatsoever in purchasing at the exorbitant prices... not to mention the fact that many thing you cannot even buy in certain regions regardless of whether or not you are willing to pay.

Why is it basically impossible to buy digital downloads for anything but video games? Why can't I just go online and buy all of the NGE blu-ray digitally right now?

return to reddit, and take your morals with you.

Time for you to go, ESL-kun.

E-Manga, Project-H and Fakku have digital downloads for manga and ero manga (The latter 2 are DRM-free). But those are only reading materials.

R18 has digital downloads, but low quality and shackled with DRM. You have to play the videos in their own media player. There are also other sites that offer digital downloads but only PPV - you get to download to keep, but the videos are not bound to your account forever.

I would pay to get the whole blu-ray ISOs for any type of content desu, not just animu.

Anybody offering that service? No? Then I ain't paying for shit.

I'm supporting the idea that every anime/scan should be free and we can support the creators through goodies/direct donation depending on how
much we loved it.

Is there 80% unemployment in your city or something?

To be honest, Nips don't care about exporting any anime or manga or LN. Especially despite the high average earnings there is no market value in the United States and Europe because of spreading of scanlation and piracy.
Conversely, Chinese distribution companies are becoming a big source of income for anime industry.

I suppose you also think taxes are unconstitutional and we should decide whether or not we want roads by donating to some nebulous fund

It's just third world shithole

why do you think piracy is so big in the west? it surely doesn't have anything to do with the fact that lots of material isn't available

>scanlation
>spreading

Nice try, Shlomo.